Author Topic: Cheap & "easy" passive fob spare - no KDS required  (Read 1825 times)

Offline Syxxphive

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12672
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Cheap & "easy" passive fob spare - no KDS required
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2018, 04:25:11 pm »
I have an 08 and two active FOB's.  Instead of removing the chip for cloning, would simply removing the FOB battery (easy to do on my FOB's) accomplish the same thing and turn off the active portion of the FOB? :beerchug:
Depends on the cloning machine used. The chips have a limited range, so the machine might not be able to read the chip if you can’t get it close enough to the antenna inside the machine.

Offline Jerdurr

• Road Bike
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2018, 05:14:12 pm »
on the cloning machine the guy that did mine used, all he did was place the active fob close to the reader and voila, it caught the code!

For those in Toronto, Canada, let me know and I can share the guys info with you. He's awesome.
Best,

JD

--Harley Davidson is king when it comes to turning gas into smoke, without the outcome of power--

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2018, 07:31:32 pm »
I have an 08 and two active FOB's.  Instead of removing the chip for cloning, would simply removing the FOB battery (easy to do on my FOB's) accomplish the same thing and turn off the active portion of the FOB? :beerchug:

Depends on the cloning machine used. The chips have a limited range, so the machine might not be able to read the chip if you can’t get it close enough to the antenna inside the machine.

the picture I posted here
http://forum.cog-online.org/concours-14-zg1400-general-chat-and-tech/cheap-'easy'-passive-fob-spare-no-kds-required/msg652146/#msg652146
shows the "well" the chipset sits in on that model, other machines made by the same company (earlier models) simply have a "spot" on the top where the chipset is laid on...for read/write connectivity.

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...