Author Topic: Cheap battery with built in voltmeter  (Read 245 times)

Offline Busaboyz

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Cheap battery with built in voltmeter
« on: October 15, 2018, 05:16:37 pm »
Needed a new battery and took a chance on a sealed model from Chrome Battery. So far so good. Starter spins faster and no dead battery after a week sitting like the older replacement.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/YTX14-BS-Chrome-Pro-Series-High-Performance-iGel-Powersport-Battery/272459533570?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Offline connie_rider

• "OtP" {retired/assistant} Slave Labor
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 4154
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Re: Cheap battery with built in voltmeter
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 05:26:27 pm »
I like the look and price.
Not sure the little meter could be seen with battery on the bike?

Ride safe, Ted
14 Connie (Traveler II) / 03 Connie (Buddy)
Gone but not forgotten; 87 and 00 Connies..

If your not already a COGger, "consider becoming one".
Help us make "OtP" possible again!!

Offline Busaboyz

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southeast Area
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 05:35:25 pm »
The voltmeter is a gimmick unneeded on the C14. On another bike it could be useful. It also keeps track of age.

After having two Yuasa batteries in a row leak acid out their terminals in my Kawasaki VN2000, damaging the terminals, I'm done with expensive batteries. I have yet to have a cheap Chinese sealed battery leak on me and I have bought a bunch.

Offline connie_rider

• "OtP" {retired/assistant} Slave Labor
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 4154
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 05:41:19 pm »
I'll agree to that. Was just wondering.
Son bought an inexpensive one and loves to tell me how little he paid an how long it has lasted.

The original battery in my 2014 is still doing fine.
Hopefully that will continue for awhile...

Ride safe, Ted

14 Connie (Traveler II) / 03 Connie (Buddy)
Gone but not forgotten; 87 and 00 Connies..

If your not already a COGger, "consider becoming one".
Help us make "OtP" possible again!!

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 11:52:33 pm »
The voltmeter is a gimmick unneeded on the C14. On another bike it could be useful. It also keeps track of age.

After having two Yuasa batteries in a row leak acid out their terminals in my Kawasaki VN2000, damaging the terminals, I'm done with expensive batteries. I have yet to have a cheap Chinese sealed battery leak on me and I have bought a bunch.

best of luck on that new battery, I wonder how much it would have cost without the little "meter circuit", which in itself could fail, and cause a battery to drain...

oh, you been buying Chinese batteries for a while, you just didn't realize it...

1993 – Tianjin Yuasa Batteries Co., Ltd. established, the first motorcycle battery manufacturing and sales affiliate in China
1996 – Guangdong Yuasa Sunny Batteries established, the first industrial battery manufacturing and sales affiliate in China (Yuasa Battery (Guangdong) Co., Ltd, at present)
1997 – Yuasa-Delta Technology Inc. established, the first overseas capital participation in Ni-MH battery business (Yuasa (Tianjin) Technology Ltd. as a manufacturing and sales affiliate at present)

I did have my OEM Yuasa vapor leak around the terminals, but have never had that issue with an American made Exide battery...

It's all about the invisible "guts" inside, the plates and structure, that make a battery tough.

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline IBAJIM

• Tricycle
  • AREA: North Central Area
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 12:33:27 pm »
The Description says it's an "iGel" Chrome Pro series battery, whatever that is. 

But in the Details, it shows an "AGM" separator plate, so it looks like it's an AGM type battery.  I've been buying AGM type batteries the last 5 years and like them.  They are sealed, have a little less internal resistance, and so do a little better spinning the engine when starting.

This battery has a great price and free shipping.   I would try one, even with the extra meter feature.