Author Topic: COG event went very well , track day SE  (Read 728 times)

Offline cuda

• Street Cruiser
  • Ignorance Is Bliss.
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 11405
  • Membership Level: Active
COG event went very well , track day SE
« on: February 25, 2017, 02:02:43 pm »
I would like to thank everyone that had anything to do with putting on the GP Jennings track day.

The instruction was top notch , you could tell they really cared, In the future I believe this should be posted for all to see since many trailered their bikes there,

I'm sure we could have filled all 25 spaces had others knew about this , a reason for a winter  vacation in Florida !

After wearing that racing suit in the Fl. sun please keep this event in the winter ;) I do hope this is put together again.

I took my  bike to my next door neighbors HD cycle shop to install ZX!4 forks , tires , rear shock I thought three weeks was plenty of time to get it done.

after 12 days I checked on my bike to be told  the forks  don't have a place for the ABS sensor so they put it back together and did nothing, did not call to tell..

In the pile of stuff I left including  service manual was a instructions on drilling  the right tube to fit sensor... then tells me he has health issues and does not

want to do the work, I guess if you smoke and get wasted every day it catches up to you ...

So I took the bike home pulled the wheels off cause he said I'll mount you tires and that's it , he has top of the line equipment

So I take him the wheels and I get one excuse after another,  then when he does get the tires off he brakes both air pressure sensors >:(

So I get the sensors the day I was to be leaving and they don't come with some special nut, no one knows anything about them , nothing at the hardware store fits? 10mm is too small 12mm too big.

Then I open the package of new front brake pads from Motorcycle Superstore only to find one set BO on the other  :o have drive to the Fort Meyers dealer

cause no one in my town has them , So at 9pm Thursday we  get it all back together with regular valve stems,nothing else could go wrong right,

wrong , Wife tells me the drain is plugged  for the house AC unit and we have water on the floor...9:15 PM

I try to get 2 hours sleep and leave at 12:45 AM to drive five straight  hours to get

to the Ga, border pull in at 7AM , had to stop and lay on rest stop park bench a few times.

I only drink 1/3 of a cup of coffee in the morning 1/3 at lunch , well I'm drinking full cups along with three 5hour energy  to keep pushing on...

I should NOT have been on that track , I was sleep walking , seriously , the mind was not working , I forgot how to drive...

Being able to manage on the street is one thing , to be in a new  situation like that with instructors making many points , they bounced off...

On top of it all I wore a new set of work boots that did not bend well in the tuck with very aggressive Vibram soles that would not move on the pegs

After scraping my boots about ten times I said screw this , I could not concentrate for lack of sleep and the boots dragging was very unnerving , It did not

help  when some small women on a 250 sport bike passed  right in the apex where we were told NOT to pass .

Next time I'll have the RV and well rested or I will not participate  :-[

« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 02:51:33 pm by cuda »
We have invented the world WE see .
It takes 20 years  to build a reputation and 5 minutes to lose it...   - Cog 11405

Offline Sailor_chic

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 11610
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Re: COG event went very well , track day SE
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 02:11:13 pm »
Dang women drivers!  >:(
Nicole     Port St Lucie, FL.
2013 C14 Black  
2006 Vmax
IBA # 60267

Offline cuda

• Street Cruiser
  • Ignorance Is Bliss.
  • COG#: 11405
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 02:21:00 pm »
Hopefully next year I will meet the notorious Sailer_chic

Funny that was the only part you picked up on.
We have invented the world WE see .
It takes 20 years  to build a reputation and 5 minutes to lose it...   - Cog 11405

Offline Sport Rider

• Two wheel addict!
  • I Need a Life
  • 100,000 or Bust!
    • BikePics Site
  • COG#: 8603
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 02:12:14 pm »
that's a heck of a story!  glad you didn't press any harder and cause yourself any harm.

I gotta say that the bug is still alive in me and I'm sorry I didn't get to attend.  if it does become an annual event, I'll be trying very hard to make it next year.  Maybe I'll pick up a used SV1000 like Fais!   :great:
North Carolina AAD
COG, VROC, VBA, IBA, USCA and other TLAs
05 C10, 94 C10, 06 Nomad, 15 CB
https://www.bikepics.com/members/ncdave/

Offline GIant81

• Bicycle
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 12285
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 12:19:13 am »
I've always wanted to make a track day, but considering the cost of admission, I can't do it.  I'd need to buy a custom track suit and I'd be cautious doing that, only to find out I don't like it.  (doubt that would happen but you never know) 

Offline Sailor_chic

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 11610
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 01:36:32 am »
Hopefully next year I will meet the notorious Sailer_chic

Funny that was the only part you picked up on.

We have to wait another year to meet?

I picked up on the sleep deprivation and coffee aspects of the post, but didn't think twice about it, since that is my normal lifestyle when I'm at work.
Nicole     Port St Lucie, FL.
2013 C14 Black  
2006 Vmax
IBA # 60267

Offline Fais

• It's amazing what one can accomplish if it doesn't matter who gets the credit.
  • Sport Tourer
  • COG#: 11594
  • Membership Level: Marketing Officer
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 03:37:03 am »
I came home from NY on Tue. Prepared Betty, worked, prepared Sue, worked, bought a 1993 trailer, worked on it until 2 am Wed night and then drove 8 hours to get here. Then, how many COGgers rode in? Wow!r

And Cuda riding in all night? Dang! I have a hammock in fhe trsiler now - you would have liked that. You ran hard and quit while you were ahead - there are always track days and plenty in FL.

Nicole - read my post in the other thread - dang female rider story in there 😂

1976 BMW R90S (Luna) - 2000 KLR650 (Dirt McGirt) - 2005 SV1000 (Sue) - 2006 Vespa PX150 (Vino Negro) - 2014 C14 (Betty) - 2017 Z125Pro (MiniZ)
Whether you think you can or can't - you're right!
Instagram @ fais_the_photographer

Offline GIant81

• Bicycle
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 06:11:47 pm »
I'd love to take her out to CA and hit up Keith Codes school.  Could prove to be useful on and off the track. 

Offline Jorge

• Officer
  • Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 9297
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 02:15:46 am »
Well done Cuda... I mean about knowing when to quit!  We're not all that wise.

Offline Keith

• Tricycle
  • COG#: 9643
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 02:43:11 am »
I'd love to take her out to CA and hit up Keith Codes school.  Could prove to be useful on and off the track.

Leathers rented at the track for $60 bucks . Gear is not an excuse . Did my first track day at tender age of 52 with my son. After a dozen or so i am a much better street rider and track skills have ssaved my bacon at least ttwice when a cage partially occupied my lane. 

Offline GIant81

• Bicycle
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 07:11:07 pm »
I doubt the track leathers come in size YETI..lol  I'd probably have to buy my own if I wanted to hit the track, not sure I have that kind of money to toss at custom leathers for something I don't know I'd like to keep doing.