Author Topic: Concours 14 Fuel cut - Ivans performance ECU flash  (Read 6992 times)

Offline Throttle 8

• Moped
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 12220
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Concours 14 Fuel cut - Ivans performance ECU flash
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2017, 04:26:53 pm »
rcannon409-----just stop please! I have tried to stay away from commenting, but reading your posts on Ivan's flash is like having to sit thru the ads they make you watch before you can watch a video. You like his flash---we get it! Please move on.
2014  C14 ABS (Metallic Spark Black)
2000 ZX12R Ninja

Offline turbojoe78_MA

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 8645
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2017, 08:56:11 pm »
rcannon409,

Have you ridden a bike with Steve's EVO flash?

Or any of Steve's other flashes?
1968 Honda 160 Scrambler,  Sold / 1979 Kawasaki SR 650, Traded in for next one,  1978 Kawasaki KZ 1000 Z1R Turbo Sold / 1986 Kawasaki ZX 1000R Ninja / 1999 Kawasaki Concours / 2014 Kawasaki Concours 1400  COG memb# 8645

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 9616
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2017, 10:20:09 pm »
rcannon409,

Turbo, I don't need to....  I've ridden enough bikes without fuel cut disabled that I would never spend my money on a flash that doesn't include that.

(see my post on this board in 2015 that I have already referenced above)

You should stop by Ivan's shop since you are in his area and see if he would let you try his work firsthand so you can compare it yourself and see the difference.... maybe then you won't think that I'm an idiot.  :) :)
Ivans Ecu reflash, Brembo front rotors

Offline Bugnut

• Moped
  • The Dude abides.
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 9946
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2017, 10:42:43 pm »
rcannon409: Dude, I can feel the troll vibes off you that just won't quit. I have this image in my mind of a Cartman type behind a computer asking his Mom to wipe his azz after a bucket of KFC skins and cheesy poofs.

Drop it, and move onto the next squirrel in your periphery. Oh, look, Godzilla!

Mike

Offline Bob

• Bob
  • Training Wheels
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 1398
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2017, 11:26:18 pm »
This thread is doing nothing but creating anger.

MODERATOR - DO SOMETHING.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2017, 11:31:11 pm »
This thread is doing nothing but creating anger.

MODERATOR - DO SOMETHING.

x 1,000,000.
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline Deepsea

• Living large in the land of Hansel & Gretel
  • Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2017, 01:14:47 am »
It's not making me angry. What it is doing is showing how narrow minded RCannan is. Without experiencing Steve's flash he believes he's qualified to judge it. That's like telling everyone how bad XYZ's PFM Radio is without ever seeing the radio.
  RCannon I thought you were a better person than that. Oh well, it's not the first time I've been wrong.

Michael
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1 and Z-1R , Honda CB-650, C-14
El Mirage Record Holder A-BG 3000cc 11/83 184.049 mph  CDA#0438
(twin engine, twin turbo, Z-1)
Retired Navy Saturation Diver

Offline Hiddenmickey

• Training Wheels
  • COG#: 12234
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2017, 02:38:34 pm »
Oh, please.  Don't stop now!!! :popcorncouple: :deadhorse:

Offline cappyg

• Training Wheels
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2017, 03:37:30 pm »
It confirmed to me that I made the right decision to listen to the folks here when I was looking into buying an ECU flash as it was something I couldn't see or explain.  I trusted these guys on this board that I would be impressed with it and I am still very much impressed with it.  Smooth as silk!  Thanks again Steve.
Greg in Cincinnati
GTR1400 08' "Holy Kaw" Shoodaben EVO Flashed
T500 75' Suzuki Titan
XR400 98' Honda "Tractor"

Offline ConcoursKZ

• Sport Tourer
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2017, 12:52:04 am »
You guys are silly.
2008 Concours ABS 1976 KZ 900 B1   CDA#387
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2017, 01:04:35 am »
That's insulting when you guys compare me to someone who's only worth 10 million dollars.

I figured Susanne Sommers, or such. Or, that lady who has the mop movie....and I'm pretty sure I could have talked about any other available flash, and been just fine.

But, this is new,  and way different than anything else that's available.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 01:19:32 am by rcannon409 »

Offline Deepsea

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2017, 02:15:22 am »
How can you say "Way different" when you haven't even tried any other?
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1 and Z-1R , Honda CB-650, C-14

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2017, 12:35:28 pm »
The software he uses is a lot different than whats commonly available.

Offline OKC14

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: South Central Area
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2017, 12:52:03 pm »
U mad bro? *trollface*

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 6977
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2017, 12:58:21 pm »
   Back about 25 years ago, I had a couple Rottweillers. Absolutely sweet, loving dogs, but if you know anything about Rot's they are not to be trifled with.  There was this kid that lived next door, he was about 8 years old, and to say this kid was an idiot would be kind. My yard is chain link fenced. This kid would aggravate the dogs any chance he'd get. He'd yell at them and hit the fence with balls and sticks, and run up and down the fence dragging a stick so it sounded like a card in a bicycle rim. This made the dogs crazy. It was their fence, and they would go crazy barking at him. I used to have to go out and calm the whole situation down, and always tell the kid to stop doing that. He was very persistent, no quit in him, even when it would be in his best interest.

So one day I hear this blood curdling scream out by the road. I look out the window, and I see the kid in the road, frozen with fear. He'd been taunting the dogs at the closed gate. But someone forgot to latch the gate. The dogs were out, and had him surrounded. I got out there quick, and got the dogs back inside the yard. The kid was crying and shaking, and had urinated himself.

He never ever poked the dogs again.

I probably posted this story for a reason.

Steve
C-14 ECU flashing for performance and rideability enhancement
C-10 Carb work , cams, & performance enhancements
 " Modifications for sport-tourers, BY a sport-tourer"
https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/home

Offline Hiddenmickey

• Training Wheels
  • COG#: 12234
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2017, 01:35:55 pm »
So Steve,

The reason the story is posted because your flash makes a Concours go as fast as rottweilers through an unlatched gate, or it will it make you pee yourself?  I have to ad, I could not be happier with the service I received from you and the flash.   :beerchug:

Offline Rev Ryder

• Officer
  • I Need a Life
  • We came. We saw. We Concours-ed.
    • Presbychuck
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 7235
  • Membership Level: Executive Director
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2017, 02:29:22 pm »
It seems Steve has a LOT of Rottweilers these days. 
Fortis non Ferox
 Shafties Can't Wheelie

Offline Deepsea

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2017, 03:39:17 pm »
I guess the fact that I have always used a PC with Windows qualifies me to judge Apple,  even though I've never even touched an Apple computer. Now that is some twisted logic.

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2017, 06:19:01 pm »
The injectors in my old 85 BMW would shut down completely if you closed the throttle and were above about 1500 rpms. They would automatically start working if you coasted in gear and got below thst rpm. My 96 Toyota does it too. So i would think a bike like the C14 does the same.

Im sorry that I missed this, yes, this is exactly what I am talking about, I posted the videos so that if someone wanted to identify the problem their bike has, they could see this demonstrated, and know that Ivan includes this in all his ecu flash.

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2017, 06:24:03 pm »
I guess the fact that I have always used a PC with Windows qualifies me to judge Apple,  even though I've never even touched an Apple computer. Now that is some twisted logic.

No, I think you misunderstood what I have said.

When I look for an ecu flash, I look for certain features.  If a flash does not have the features I'm looking for, then Its not something I would purchase. Thats why I held out for so long.

Offline Deepsea

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2017, 06:42:58 pm »
So by your definition eliminating the "Fuel Cut" is accomplished by not letting the injectors go completely shut (off) when returning the throttle to off after having been open. It's more complex but thats good enough for this. This means deceleration instead of being abrupt (injectors off) is controlled by a more gentle down sloping fuel table.
  Do I have this correct?
For me the term "Fuel Cut" doesn't just mean going completely shut but indicates any reduction of dwell time for the injectors. Fuel cut = any reduction of fuel supplied from 1% to 100%. Now we are back where we were several days ago when I said it's how you control the deceleration curve. Steve's flash, along with ALL of the others that mod the fuel tables, changes the deceleration characteristics bt changing the fuel cut. Windows, Mac, Linux makes no difference when the outcome is roughly equivalent. It doesn't matter who is tightening the bolt or what size/material the bolt is made of, as long as it gets properly tightened they are functionally the same.

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2017, 07:01:38 pm »
There is enough information posted here for anyone to make an informed decision for themselves, and if their jerky throttle bothers them enough to fix it.  According to the data logs above, the "fuel cut enabled" video shows the injector is completly shut off.  You can also see the bike ,on the dyno, jerking and blowing flames when he applies, and closes the throttle.

You can see it, and it's backed up by the data logs. 

The kill switch test will also show this.  I've had enough ecu flashes to know this is something that I won't be without.

Offline ConcoursKZ

• Sport Tourer
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2017, 07:59:29 pm »
   Back about 25 years ago, I had a couple Rottweillers. Absolutely sweet, loving dogs, but if you know anything about Rot's they are not to be trifled with.  There was this kid that lived next door, he was about 8 years old, and to say this kid was an idiot would be kind. My yard is chain link fenced. This kid would aggravate the dogs any chance he'd get. He'd yell at them and hit the fence with balls and sticks, and run up and down the fence dragging a stick so it sounded like a card in a bicycle rim. This made the dogs crazy. It was their fence, and they would go crazy barking at him. I used to have to go out and calm the whole situation down, and always tell the kid to stop doing that. He was very persistent, no quit in him, even when it would be in his best interest.

So one day I hear this blood curdling scream out by the road. I look out the window, and I see the kid in the road, frozen with fear. He'd been taunting the dogs at the closed gate. But someone forgot to latch the gate. The dogs were out, and had him surrounded. I got out there quick, and got the dogs back inside the yard. The kid was crying and shaking, and had urinated himself.

He never ever poked the dogs again.

I probably posted this story for a reason.

Steve

I had a neighbor that had a Rottweiler that the owner used to let out at 5am and go to work. It would bark non stop till about 6am when his lazy wife would get up and let it in. Someone told me if you put 3 nickels and a dime in an empty coffee can. Put the lid on it and shake it real haRd it will drive the dog nuts.  Everytime he barked, I shook the can. Within three days the barking stopped.
2008 Concours ABS 1976 KZ 900 B1   CDA#387
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”

Offline turbojoe78_MA

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 8645
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2017, 02:36:32 pm »
rcannon409,

Turbo, I don't need to....  I've ridden enough bikes without fuel cut disabled that I would never spend my money on a flash that doesn't include that.

(see my post on this board in 2015 that I have already referenced above)

You should stop by Ivan's shop since you are in his area and see if he would let you try his work firsthand so you can compare it yourself and see the difference.... maybe then you won't think that I'm an idiot.  :) :)

I haven't yet said that I think your an idiot.

But since you answered my question, and said that you've never ridden a bike with Steve's flash and still believe that you can tell that Ivan's flash is a much better product ... maybe you've just gone and shown it.   ::)

Your one person, with Ivan's flash and you really like it.   :)  You've never ridden a bike with Steve's flash so you really can't compare the two. :-X

I'm only one of the many on this forum who have Steve's flash, and to my knowledge there has only been one person who didn't like it.  But he also wouldn't accept the offer to flash it back to stock at no cost to him, including shipping, if I remember correctly.

I'm also feeling the same way "Bugnut" in post #33 and "Cap'n Bob" in post #39 feel.
1968 Honda 160 Scrambler,  Sold / 1979 Kawasaki SR 650, Traded in for next one,  1978 Kawasaki KZ 1000 Z1R Turbo Sold / 1986 Kawasaki ZX 1000R Ninja / 1999 Kawasaki Concours / 2014 Kawasaki Concours 1400  COG memb# 8645

Offline Pittsburgh_Clem

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 11340
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2017, 01:06:17 am »
 :rotflmao: The gift that keeps on Giving
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover – Mark Twain.