Author Topic: Concours 14 Fuel cut - Ivans performance ECU flash  (Read 3598 times)

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 9616
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Concours 14 Fuel cut - Ivans performance ECU flash
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2017, 06:24:03 pm »
I guess the fact that I have always used a PC with Windows qualifies me to judge Apple,  even though I've never even touched an Apple computer. Now that is some twisted logic.

No, I think you misunderstood what I have said.

When I look for an ecu flash, I look for certain features.  If a flash does not have the features I'm looking for, then Its not something I would purchase. Thats why I held out for so long.
Ivans Ecu reflash, Brembo front rotors

Offline Deepsea

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 10376
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2017, 06:42:58 pm »
So by your definition eliminating the "Fuel Cut" is accomplished by not letting the injectors go completely shut (off) when returning the throttle to off after having been open. It's more complex but thats good enough for this. This means deceleration instead of being abrupt (injectors off) is controlled by a more gentle down sloping fuel table.
  Do I have this correct?
For me the term "Fuel Cut" doesn't just mean going completely shut but indicates any reduction of dwell time for the injectors. Fuel cut = any reduction of fuel supplied from 1% to 100%. Now we are back where we were several days ago when I said it's how you control the deceleration curve. Steve's flash, along with ALL of the others that mod the fuel tables, changes the deceleration characteristics bt changing the fuel cut. Windows, Mac, Linux makes no difference when the outcome is roughly equivalent. It doesn't matter who is tightening the bolt or what size/material the bolt is made of, as long as it gets properly tightened they are functionally the same.
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1 and Z-1R , Honda CB-650, C-14
El Mirage Record Holder A-BG 3000cc 11/83 184.049 mph  CDA#0438
(twin engine, twin turbo, Z-1)
Retired Navy Saturation Diver

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2017, 07:01:38 pm »
There is enough information posted here for anyone to make an informed decision for themselves, and if their jerky throttle bothers them enough to fix it.  According to the data logs above, the "fuel cut enabled" video shows the injector is completly shut off.  You can also see the bike ,on the dyno, jerking and blowing flames when he applies, and closes the throttle.

You can see it, and it's backed up by the data logs. 

The kill switch test will also show this.  I've had enough ecu flashes to know this is something that I won't be without.

Offline ConcoursKZ

• Sport Tourer
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2017, 07:59:29 pm »
   Back about 25 years ago, I had a couple Rottweillers. Absolutely sweet, loving dogs, but if you know anything about Rot's they are not to be trifled with.  There was this kid that lived next door, he was about 8 years old, and to say this kid was an idiot would be kind. My yard is chain link fenced. This kid would aggravate the dogs any chance he'd get. He'd yell at them and hit the fence with balls and sticks, and run up and down the fence dragging a stick so it sounded like a card in a bicycle rim. This made the dogs crazy. It was their fence, and they would go crazy barking at him. I used to have to go out and calm the whole situation down, and always tell the kid to stop doing that. He was very persistent, no quit in him, even when it would be in his best interest.

So one day I hear this blood curdling scream out by the road. I look out the window, and I see the kid in the road, frozen with fear. He'd been taunting the dogs at the closed gate. But someone forgot to latch the gate. The dogs were out, and had him surrounded. I got out there quick, and got the dogs back inside the yard. The kid was crying and shaking, and had urinated himself.

He never ever poked the dogs again.

I probably posted this story for a reason.

Steve

I had a neighbor that had a Rottweiler that the owner used to let out at 5am and go to work. It would bark non stop till about 6am when his lazy wife would get up and let it in. Someone told me if you put 3 nickels and a dime in an empty coffee can. Put the lid on it and shake it real haRd it will drive the dog nuts.  Everytime he barked, I shook the can. Within three days the barking stopped.
2008 Concours ABS 1976 KZ 900 B1   CDA#387
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”

Offline turbojoe78_MA

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 8645
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2017, 02:36:32 pm »
rcannon409,

Have you ridden a bike with Steve's EVO flash?

Or any of Steve's other flashes?

Turbo, I don't need to....  I've ridden enough bikes without fuel cut disabled that I would never spend my money on a flash that doesn't include that.

(see my post on this board in 2015 that I have already referenced above)

You should stop by Ivan's shop since you are in his area and see if he would let you try his work firsthand so you can compare it yourself and see the difference.... maybe then you won't think that I'm an idiot.  :) :)

I haven't yet said that I think your an idiot.

But since you answered my question, and said that you've never ridden a bike with Steve's flash and still believe that you can tell that Ivan's flash is a much better product ... maybe you've just gone and shown it.   ::)

Your one person, with Ivan's flash and you really like it.   :)  You've never ridden a bike with Steve's flash so you really can't compare the two. :-X

I'm only one of the many on this forum who have Steve's flash, and to my knowledge there has only been one person who didn't like it.  But he also wouldn't accept the offer to flash it back to stock at no cost to him, including shipping, if I remember correctly.

I'm also feeling the same way "Bugnut" in post #33 and "Cap'n Bob" in post #39 feel.
1968 Honda 160 Scrambler,  Sold / 1979 Kawasaki SR 650, Traded in for next one,  1978 Kawasaki KZ 1000 Z1R Turbo Sold / 1986 Kawasaki ZX 1000R Ninja / 1999 Kawasaki Concours / 2014 Kawasaki Concours 1400  COG memb# 8645

Offline Pittsburgh_Clem

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 11340
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2017, 01:06:17 am »
 :rotflmao: The gift that keeps on Giving
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover – Mark Twain.

Offline cuda

• Crotch Rocket
  • Ignorance Is Bliss.
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 11405
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2017, 10:07:57 am »
You can't fix STUPID  ::)
We have invented the world WE see .
It takes 20 years  to build a reputation and 5 minutes to lose it...   - Cog 11405

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Sport Tourer
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2017, 11:02:01 pm »
I guess the fact that I have always used a PC with Windows qualifies me to judge Apple,  even though I've never even touched an Apple computer. Now that is some twisted logic.

Now that's funny!! LOL :beerchug: :beerchug:
Normally aspirated engines have perpetual turbo lag
2000 Red C10 1052 kit
2008  C14 Silver Dammit Full AreaP- Flies are put back in SISF_Flash
2011  KLR650   688 piston ported and polished
2011  KTM 530    This thing is FUN!!

Offline Baggerjohn

• Training Wheels
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2017, 04:27:52 pm »
All this becomes moot when Joe Everyman can buy the interface and software required to re-flash ECUs.

Of course, the incidences of blown-up motors may rise as well.

/ducks and runs off to forum parts unknown... >:D

Offline Classvino

• Lifelong Kawi Rider
  • Road Bike
  • Smells wrong... Oh, it's a 4-stroke...
  • COG#: 11233
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2017, 09:51:36 pm »
There is enough information posted here for anyone to make an informed decision for themselves...

I think that sums it up right there.

So that's the end of this thread, right?  No sense disseminating redundant data and/or opinions.

I know I'm not the only one that hopes so...

Jamie

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2017, 12:30:44 pm »
Here are 3 recent threads that are all about fuel cut symptoms, but it is purposely not mentioned because he doesn’t want anyone to know what is causing everyone’s issue... Why?

Because he can’t fix it!  So why not blame the cause on something else.

http://forum.cog-online.org/concours-14-zg1400-general-chat-and-tech/you-need-to-read-this-!/

http://forum.cog-online.org/concours-14-zg1400-general-chat-and-tech/throttle-tamer-questions/

http://forum.cog-online.org/concours-14-zg1400-general-chat-and-tech/driveline-lash-71937/

Why does everyone refuse to accept this?

No such thing as bad student, only bad teacher… (Pat Morita – Karate Kid)

Does anyone here think that Steve will openly admit that he can't deal with this problem?
Just the very mention of it, and he threatens to tear me up like a Rottweiler, or something similar.

Just think of it, if anyone would go against him, this is how he will react to it… Just look at the one guy who openly had issues. How did Steve treat him? I suspect that there are quite a bit more that are afraid to post about it for the same reason.

C'mon people think for yourselves... scientific evidence is in your faces, and you still refuse to accept that your abrupt throttle cannot be fixed any other way?

BTW, here’s the original dyno chart from his site… the one that I had issues with because it was done in different gears, not a true comparison at all. Notice that the current chart on his site has this info removed.

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
  • COG#: 6977
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2017, 01:18:03 pm »
   You are really getting on my nerves Roland.

To say I have not acknowledged fuel cut is a blatant lie. In fact, I posted about it in response 23 of this thread, and that's a re-post from 2 years ago. So as far back as 2 years ago I was posting about it. Let me repost again for you.

"
 The concept of decel braking and fuel cut may be getting interchanged here. Pretty much the stock bike just dumps power as soon as you back off the throttle even a little bit. Some call it engine braking. some call it fuel cut. When it's excessive, I call it annoying. I can't stand it. I am working with the map now to try to get a smoother version of decel. I might be onto something. no promises... But IF i can pull it off, and anyone I've flashed already wants the upgrade I'll do it for the cost of shipping.
"

So here's the bottom line on that... I have a different way of dealing with fuel cut than Ivan does.  I will say this, from a tuning perspective Ivan's method is easier for the tuner. He didn't have to do all the learning and experimenting I did, But along with all my work came some revelations and results that riders like... results that Ivan wouldn't have found, because he didn't have to look.

I have already addressed the dyno chart stuff very clearly. Again, the stock run in 4th gear actually had the advantage of gearing, and my stock run is 5HP HIGHER than Ivan's... so where is the effort to lie on my part? It doesn't exist. I have posted this previously, but you keep it up.  Here's my final word on your allegations... My charts are the exact same charts. I don't care if you don't like them. Stop trying to obfuscate and lie.

And did you notice that guys who had loose throttle cables adjusted them, and all was good? How about the guys that have low idle settings, think it's ok to tell them to get the idles where it should be, or valves adjusted in spec?

I actually share information with everyone here. I shared the datalog info about the slow TPS response, and a no cost fix. And somehow that's wrong of me?

At this point, we all see that you are clearly Ivan's shill.  Your sales technique is one of tearing down another product that you have no knowledge of, and taking a clear opportunity to make personal attacks as you go.

If you notice, I have not attacked anyone else's work. I have not first hand knowledge to do so, therefor I can't make a judgement. We are very different in that, Roland. I deal in honesty and facts... you deal in obfuscation and lies.

Steve

C-14 ECU flashing for performance and rideability enhancement
C-10 Carb work , cams, & performance enhancements
 " Modifications for sport-tourers, BY a sport-tourer"
https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/home

Offline RodWpg

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2017, 02:44:45 pm »
Trump is president, what do you all think of that. How about guns. Maybe muslims, catholics or jews? Irish people are the best.
2003 concours winnipeg manitoba canada

Offline kv5e

• Roll miles, Keep smiles
  • Crotch Rocket
  • Push Mountain Road
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 5063
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2017, 03:26:40 pm »
I think this thread has just about run its course guys.

Maybe take this offline?

Craig
South Central Area Director

Offline Baggerjohn

• Training Wheels
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2017, 04:21:14 pm »
Trump is president, what do you all think of that. How about guns. Maybe muslims, catholics or jews? Irish people are the best.
As long as they come equipped with a happy switch and a can, it's all good.  :)

Online gPink

• Iron Butt
  • MMVIII C XIV
  • COG#: 9403
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2017, 08:29:56 pm »
Just WoW....Talk about kicking a dead horse...

Offline Bud

• Road Bike
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2017, 09:11:26 pm »
Just WoW....Talk about kicking a dead horse...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8cpkwPAbY0

Offline old n slow

• Moped
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2017, 12:04:09 am »
Are you kidding me? Really? Please, don't stop now, you guys are too far in it. It is shorter to just bring 'er around the next bend and head for home!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 12:07:40 am by old n slow »
Mike D.   

old n slow...it's my way of life☺

Offline kv5e

• Crotch Rocket
  • Push Mountain Road
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2017, 12:18:16 am »
Yep, any more "ad hominen" cheap shots will get a time out and/or moderated posting.

Let's find another thread and be cordial, this is not the best exemplar of COG.

Craig

Online gPink

• Iron Butt
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2017, 12:25:26 am »
ad hominen.....you got that in English?  :??:

Offline kv5e

• Crotch Rocket
  • Push Mountain Road
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2017, 12:38:12 am »
ad hominen.....you got that in English?  :??:

An ad hominem argument is one that is used to counter another argument, but it is based on feelings of prejudice (often irrelevant to the argument), rather than facts, reason or logic. It is often a personal attack on one's character rather than an attempt to address the issue at hand.

Craig

Online gPink

• Iron Butt
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2017, 12:52:10 am »
Can you use it in a sentence?

Offline kv5e

• Crotch Rocket
  • Push Mountain Road
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2017, 12:58:55 am »

gPink sometimes eggs on threads to see what happens. - OK

gPink seems to always have ulterior motives and is a liar about his motives. - Ad Hominem cheap shot. (not true)

Do the examples illustrate effectively?

Offline RodWpg

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2017, 01:00:23 am »

why just today I was making chili for supper, I asked my girl (she has a speech impediment) If I should add all the peppers or just some of them, she replied 'ad hominem'
2003 concours winnipeg manitoba canada

Offline kv5e

• Crotch Rocket
  • Push Mountain Road
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2017, 01:01:29 am »
 :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

why just today I was making chili for supper, I asked my girl (she has a speech impediment) If I should add all the peppers or just some of them, she replied 'ad hominem'