Author Topic: Concours 14 Fuel cut - Ivans performance ECU flash  (Read 3491 times)

Offline gPink

• Iron Butt
  • MMVIII C XIV
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 9403
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Concours 14 Fuel cut - Ivans performance ECU flash
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2017, 09:46:57 am »
Can you use it in a sentence?

why just today I was making chili for supper, I asked my girl (she has a speech impediment) If I should add all the peppers or just some of them, she replied 'ad hominem'

See there ... the thread has already lightened up.  :rotflmao:

Offline cuda

• Crotch Rocket
  • Ignorance Is Bliss.
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 11405
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2017, 11:05:28 am »
   You are really getting on my nerves Roland.

To say I have not acknowledged fuel cut is a blatant lie. In fact, I posted about it in response 23 of this thread, and that's a re-post from 2 years ago. So as far back as 2 years ago I was posting about it. Let me repost again for you.

"
 The concept of decel braking and fuel cut may be getting interchanged here. Pretty much the stock bike just dumps power as soon as you back off the throttle even a little bit. Some call it engine braking. some call it fuel cut. When it's excessive, I call it annoying. I can't stand it. I am working with the map now to try to get a smoother version of decel. I might be onto something. no promises... But IF i can pull it off, and anyone I've flashed already wants the upgrade I'll do it for the cost of shipping.
"

So here's the bottom line on that... I have a different way of dealing with fuel cut than Ivan does.  I will say this, from a tuning perspective Ivan's method is easier for the tuner. He didn't have to do all the learning and experimenting I did, But along with all my work came some revelations and results that riders like... results that Ivan wouldn't have found, because he didn't have to look.

I have already addressed the dyno chart stuff very clearly. Again, the stock run in 4th gear actually had the advantage of gearing, and my stock run is 5HP HIGHER than Ivan's... so where is the effort to lie on my part? It doesn't exist. I have posted this previously, but you keep it up.  Here's my final word on your allegations... My charts are the exact same charts. I don't care if you don't like them. Stop trying to obfuscate and lie.

And did you notice that guys who had loose throttle cables adjusted them, and all was good? How about the guys that have low idle settings, think it's ok to tell them to get the idles where it should be, or valves adjusted in spec?

I actually share information with everyone here. I shared the datalog info about the slow TPS response, and a no cost fix. And somehow that's wrong of me?

At this point, we all see that you are clearly Ivan's shill.  Your sales technique is one of tearing down another product that you have no knowledge of, and taking a clear opportunity to make personal attacks as you go.

If you notice, I have not attacked anyone else's work. I have not first hand knowledge to do so, therefor I can't make a judgement. We are very different in that, Roland. I deal in honesty and facts... you deal in obfuscation and lies.

Steve

Ya can't fix Stupid.
We have invented the world WE see .
It takes 20 years  to build a reputation and 5 minutes to lose it...   - Cog 11405

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 9616
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2017, 11:49:13 am »
Im not anyone's shill, but I do think for myself.

Offline Bruce_Reafsnider_TN

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2017, 12:03:17 pm »
Im not anyone's shill, but I do think for myself.
Maybe not.  You're bashing a man over an issue that he says he's solved 2 years ago.  And the basis for your rejection of the claim is that he also suggests proper throttle cable adjustment.  I mean..c'mon!  Don't you properly adjust the air pressure in your tires.  The clutch cable, the brakes, the mirrors......all of it adds up to a properly set up and functioning motorcycle.  I don't care if Ivan's flash will twist the throttle for me without touching it, if the cables aren't right the action will not be optimal. 
Now tell us how your 'oops' moment and Ivan's webpage being removed simultaneously was just a coincidence.  Are you being paid to administer his site?  Are you providing content?  Tell us the truth, because right now your credibility is squat.  Throttle cut my hairy butt- unpaid advertisement on the site by a non-COG vendor ought to have had these threads locked long ago.

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2017, 12:56:05 pm »
Actually, I brought up a topic called "Fuel cut". It was about how Ivan dealt with it, complete with videos. Nothing to do with how anyone else may, or may not deal with it.

No, I don't have anything to do with any web page.  I'm barely able to text, and use a smart phone. Theres no way anyone would pay me to manage a web page. Thanks, there may be a compliment in there somewhere. I did finally learn how to use spellcheck and post links.

Hes the tuner I choose to do business with.  I've paid full price for the work I got from him, and he's never sent me money, or free product or  a paycheck.

Offline OKC14

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2017, 01:42:42 pm »
This thread really is the gift that just keeps on giving.

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
  • COG#: 6977
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2017, 02:06:13 pm »
Actually, I brought up a topic called "Fuel cut". It was about how Ivan dealt with it, complete with videos. Nothing to do with how anyone else may, or may not deal with it.

Another lie.

From your very first post on this thread :

I think that everyone should be happy that he has chosen to make an offering for the C14 that finally fixes this bike properly.

Clearly intimating that all other flashes are not done "properly".

Again, obfuscation and lies. You can't even keep your own story straight.

Steve

C-14 ECU flashing for performance and rideability enhancement
C-10 Carb work , cams, & performance enhancements
 " Modifications for sport-tourers, BY a sport-tourer"
https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/home

Offline BDF

• Iron Butt
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2017, 02:34:49 pm »
Infamy. noun
From the Latin infamia through Middle English infamye.

"Billy, can you carry that infamy?"

Brian

Can you use it in a sentence?

gPink sometimes eggs on threads to see what happens. - OK

gPink seems to always have ulterior motives and is a liar about his motives. - Ad Hominem cheap shot. (not true)

Do the examples illustrate effectively?
KiPass keeping you up at night? Has the low fuel warning burned your retinas? Find peace, harmony and the answer to these problems. www.incontrolne.com

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2017, 02:46:32 pm »
Fuel cut, fixed properly, according to my standards.  I had experience with fuel cut, and without fuel cut, based on using ivans fce on my ninja 1000.

His fce also showed me that fuel cut was not related to engine braking.

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
  • COG#: 6977
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2017, 03:35:00 pm »
Fuel cut, fixed properly, according to my standards.  I had experience with fuel cut, and without fuel cut, based on using ivans fce on my ninja 1000.

You are contradicting yourself, again.

In THIS THREAD, you posted this:

Yes, the engine does stall every time you let off the throttle when fuel cut is enabled.

So are you maintaining that a stalled engine decelerates at the same rate as an engine with power, even enough to idle with? Any person here who has ever driven anything with a stick shift knows that statement is preposterous.

Please Stop. this is insane. Steve
C-14 ECU flashing for performance and rideability enhancement
C-10 Carb work , cams, & performance enhancements
 " Modifications for sport-tourers, BY a sport-tourer"
https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/home

Offline turbojoe78_MA

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 8645
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2017, 03:45:32 pm »

Again you seem to be saying that Steve's flash does not "properly, according to my standards" address your issue with fuel cut.

Even after admitting you've never ridden a C14 with Steve's flash.   :motonoises:

Your showing yourself again Rolland.   :rotflmao:
1968 Honda 160 Scrambler,  Sold / 1979 Kawasaki SR 650, Traded in for next one,  1978 Kawasaki KZ 1000 Z1R Turbo Sold / 1986 Kawasaki ZX 1000R Ninja / 1999 Kawasaki Concours / 2014 Kawasaki Concours 1400  COG memb# 8645

Offline turbojoe78_MA

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 8645
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2017, 03:49:48 pm »
Any way ... my flash is better than any flash any of you have tried so far.

None of you have tried it, BUT, it the best out there, and it will cure all of your bikes ills.   :D :D
1968 Honda 160 Scrambler,  Sold / 1979 Kawasaki SR 650, Traded in for next one,  1978 Kawasaki KZ 1000 Z1R Turbo Sold / 1986 Kawasaki ZX 1000R Ninja / 1999 Kawasaki Concours / 2014 Kawasaki Concours 1400  COG memb# 8645

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2017, 05:41:35 pm »
Fuel cut IS a stalled engine. .. what part do YOU not get?

No contradiction at all.
You just keep spinning and trying to twist my posts.

Your flash  cuts the injectors off during decel just the same as stock and it can easily be proven if anyone follows the kill switch test that I have posted several times in this thread.

Offline kv5e

• Roll miles, Keep smiles
  • Crotch Rocket
  • Push Mountain Road
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 5063
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2017, 05:48:52 pm »
Ok, we have had several iterations of the same thing over and over.

11- Blatant bumping - making a non-substantive post for the express purpose of bring the thread to the top of the thread list is discouraged.

I think it has all been said, therefore, this thread is locked.

If a new thread is started starting the same argument, then the new thread will go on moderation policies for offending posters.
South Central Area Director