Author Topic: Concours 14 Fuel cut - Ivans performance ECU flash  (Read 3598 times)

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 9616
  • Membership Level: Active
Concours 14 Fuel cut - Ivans performance ECU flash
« on: November 03, 2017, 10:34:34 pm »
Fuel cut and why you should be interested

I'm posting this as a new topic is so it can be searched easily by everyone who is interested in this, and is thinking about getting their ecu flashed.  Also, so that the info doesn't get lost and buried in the middle of another topic. 

Disabled fuel cut is the main reason that I chose to use Ivan for the flashes on my C14 and Ninja 1000.

Before he was flashing ecus, there was a product that he designed and produced called an “FCE”.
Ivan's FCE combined with his PCV mapping opened the door to a whole new level of riding pleasure on my Ninja 1000 that could not be dealt with any other way at the time. I like to think of him as “the father of fuel cut elimination” since he was the first to identify it, and offer a product for it.

This was the page that described the FCE and used to have photos of the product.
www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/fce.htm

A simple Google search gets a ton of info:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Ivans+FCE&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Ivan started offering the FCE for only certain bikes more than 10 years ago. .. it was a product that you had to cut wires and install terminals so you could plug the product in. He phased it out once he was able to do it inside the ecu.

I don’t like having abrupt throttle response. It takes away from my riding pleasure a lot. I guess I got spoiled by having fuel cut disabled on my other bike for more than 5 years now. I used to bug him about my C14 once in a while to see if he was going to offer an ecu flash for it. Now I’m so happy that he did finally.

The videos that Ivan made for everyone clearly show the cause of abrupt throttle response on today's bikes and particularly the C14, and how he fixes it.

This is why I really like his work. .. He understands motorcycle tuning better than anyone else that I have spoken to about it. He offers direct cause solutions to the problems that people have, and always gave me sensible direct answers to questions that I’ve asked him.

I think that everyone should be happy that he has chosen to make an offering for the C14 that finally fixes this bike properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue4SKOcHSUk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgBznc8yXJc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jrDHTcHwN4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i2vCGnyuGk

Ivans Ecu reflash, Brembo front rotors

Offline Akumu

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: Concours 14 Fuel cut - Ivans performance ECU flash
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 10:48:16 pm »
Pretty saturated forum, flash-wise, man. Good luck with Ivan getting new clients, because, for most, switching over isn't happening.

Offline Deepsea

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 10376
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 11:46:02 pm »
Fuel cut is how you control engine braking and I'm very interested in the results. However I have again gone back and watched the videos very very closely. It still appears to me that Ivan is smother and gentler on the throttle when showing the advantage of his flash than when demonstrating the stock values. This is not an equal comparison. I could take the same bike without any changes and show both results by using only throttle control. The only way to quantify/qualify this comparison would be to show the Data Logger results for the TPS alongside the other data. That way there is no question of equality of test results. If you really want them to be equal then use a programed servo motor to control the throttle. It's how we test changes on race engines when running them in a test stand.
  I have nothing against Ivan and I'm not in Steve's pocket. But Steve has been a paid member here for many years and often given free professional advice to all who asked. He offers information for troubleshooting whenever needed. As a result of this he has a reputation for honesty and absolute integrity. Ivan is not a member, never has been. He has never assisted anyone here with a problem. To me this means a lot. Steve has earned my respect. Ivan has earned nothing. His flash may be a good one but again he has not earned anything.
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1 and Z-1R , Honda CB-650, C-14
El Mirage Record Holder A-BG 3000cc 11/83 184.049 mph  CDA#0438
(twin engine, twin turbo, Z-1)
Retired Navy Saturation Diver

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 10:44:16 am »
Getting back on track here because this topic has only to do with fuel cut and the man who identified it and disabled it many  years ago.....

Tell me how you can control engine braking if the injectors are off and the engine isn't running? Please explain?

BTW, I spoke to Ivan yesterday about his videos... the answer was "so people can easily identify with what their bike does.... Purely informational to easily see what fuel cut is, and it's jerky symptoms that make throttle modulation difficult".

Offline oldnslo_MO

• Moped
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 9924
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 12:20:16 pm »
 :deadhorse: :popcorncouple: :33:
happy trails  2016 concours14,2010 bmw k1300ggt, 2015 bmw r1200rt, 09 concours14, 75 kawasaki H1   500cc*79 triumph bonneville750* 2 each  82su zuki gs1100e* 05 yamaha fz1 1100* 03 yamaha fz1 1100*01 goldwing 1800*97 goldwing 1500* 93 goldwing 1500* 80 kawasaki vulcan 1500*76 kawasaki kz650* 66 triumph Bonneville 650* 68 triumph tr 650* 72 norton commando750* 70 bsa rocket III 750*  68 hon cb350* 66 hon cb305*1960 BSA golden flash 500cc*1950 cushman

Offline Deepsea

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 05:44:59 pm »
Fuel cut was not identified by one man but designed into the function of IC engines by design engineers many many years ago. When the throttle is closed the injectors are never completely off. If they were you would stall every time you closed the throttle. It's called "Idle speed". It's basic physics. An ICE is really just an air pump using combustion to create heat/pressure energy through increased air flow. When you use "Fuel cut' the engine doesn't just stop producing energy. The energy is reversed (over simplified) creating drag on the drive train which is also the source of power driving the engine when the throttle is shut and you're moving faster than idle speed. When you slowly taper off the fuel (no fuel cut) the reverse energy is minimized limiting the "Engine braking". Hard fuel cut = max deceleration, tapered fuel cut limits deceleration. This is basic High School Physics, or it was before schools stopped teaching and started indoctrinating. Before DFI came along we controlled this by using a separate fuel circuit and changing the "Pill" size. With carburetors this was controlled by the idle circuit along with the air jet size and the size of the primary fuel needle and it's position in the main fuel jet. More sophisticated carbs used an oil damper to control this and you changed the weight of the oil to change the deceleration curve. A "Standard day" graph was used to compensate for density altitude and temperature. 
  This science has been around for a very long time. There is no one correct way to alter the charistics of an ICE. Ten people can come to very similar outcomes with ten different methods. It doesn't make any one of them better or worse, just different.
  I stand by my observation that in Ivan's videos the throttle inputs are not equal and show skewed results.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 07:28:03 pm by Deepsea »
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1 and Z-1R , Honda CB-650, C-14

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2017, 10:03:38 am »
If anyone looks at the datalog of "fuel cut enabled" and they take the time to read the comments below the video, Ivan explains that the logger's tachometer takes it's signal from the injectors... this freezes during fuel cut at the same time as the AFR goes flatline... proving that the injectors stop.

If the injectors didn't stop, the tach would not stop.

Offline old n slow

• Moped
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 04:56:49 pm »
The injectors in my old 85 BMW would shut down completly if you closed the throttle and were above about 1500 rpms. They would automatically start working if you coasted in gear and got below thst rpm. My 96 Toyota does it too. So i would think a bike like the C14 does the same.
Mike D.   

old n slow...it's my way of life☺

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 7134
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2017, 06:20:56 pm »
  I don't post on the forum much these days. But it was quiet and a little dreary today so I popped on to see what's new. Since Ivan is located in my area and am familiar with him, I just read the last thread and now this one. Although the man does have a good reputation and have nothing against he or his work. I will say that both of these threads come across to me as (rcannon409) posts seem like someone who truly has an interest in advancing a business that he says he has no connection with other than a satisfied customer.
   That may be 100% true and I would like to take him at his word. But it does come across at the most enthusiastic customer experience I have ever seen for someone with no actual financial interest in the company. Sorry but this is just an observation I am pointing out. Case in point: It was not necessary or probably not proper to add "Ivans performance ECU flash" to the title of this thread if this thread was truly just about fuel cut. Yes you could have even mentioned that you feel Ivan invented fuel cut if so needed to try to make your point.
   But feeling the need to add "Ivans performance ECU flash" just screams advertising for Ivan instead of the topic of fuel cut. I hope folks (including myself) have just gotten the wrong impression of rcannon409. But so far it does seem like an advertising blitz for Ivan. 

Offline Deepsea

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2017, 06:26:24 pm »
+1 Cap'n Bob

Redirect and confuse. If the injectors completely shut down or not was never the question. My observation about the equality of throttle manipulation has been ignored and left unanswered. It's not very difficult to manipulate data or inputs to provide the end result desired. It's the reason we have double blind trails and why statistical analysis is often considered unreliable without independent verification.
  This has become a "Dead horse" and I'm finished beating it.

Offline old n slow

• Moped
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2017, 06:43:54 pm »
The injectors in my old 85 BMW would shut down completly if you closed the throttle and were above about 1500 rpms. They would automatically start working if you coasted in gear and got below thst rpm. My 96 Toyota does it too. So i would think a bike like the C14 does the same.

I am curious, not stating facts?
Mike D.   

old n slow...it's my way of life☺

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 6977
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 08:42:23 pm »
Oftentimes, when one looks deeper at a persons words, their honesty and motivation becomes clear. Here's an example :

First, posted by RCannon from THIS thread, Re Ivan:

"He understands motorcycle tuning better than anyone else that I have spoken to about it. He offers direct cause solutions to the problems that people have, and always gave me sensible direct answers to questions that I’ve asked him.
   I think that everyone should be happy that he has chosen to make an offering for the C14 that finally fixes this bike properly."

But then in contrast,  less than 5 months ago  RCannon posted THIS on "the other" forum:

Accessories and modifications - C14/GTR 1400 / Re: ECU flashing now available
« on: June 23, 2017, 07:51:44 am »
This reflash stuff is interesting. If you dig around, you start to get  a feel of who is good for bike "X" and how that guy might be THE man on that specific bike.

I believe Steve is so far out in the lead, with regards to the concours 14, that no one else even comes close."

Just to fill in the pic, RCannon had been asking me questions for about a year regarding my flash, and indeed, in the same response quoted above stated he intended to send me his ECU.

More statements by Rcannon regarding Ivan:

" I like to think of him as “the father of fuel cut elimination” "

and

"BTW, I spoke to Ivan yesterday about his videos..."

Personally I think the fact is that Ivan likes to think of himself as the father of fuel cut elimination, And clearly you are speaking with him on a regular basis, which is why this thread exists in the first place.

And here's really what the motivation is... in Rcannon's words from the first post -

" I used to bug him about my C14 once in a while to see if he was going to offer an ecu flash for it. " - So now we see  RCannon feels responsible for Ivan's success, hence the salesmanship.

So lets put all the pieces together. We have a guy who is bugging me, asking me questions about my flash for over a year, who has determined I am " THE MAN" on c-14 tuning. This same person  who then is also "bugging" Ivan to do a flash. HMMM.

Without riding on my flash, he determines nobody will come close to Steve's flash.  But then a couple months later, still without riding my flash, he has determined that Ivan has "properly tuned" the concours ECU... and nobody will come close to Ivan's flash. 

If you have read this far, you already know the truth of what's going on here.

I'm not cracking on Ivan's work (though I'm glad he posted his datalog, because now I know how his flash will feel in decel)  but let's get real here... when you see RCannon's own words in contrast, you realize there's nothing believable in his statements. Nothing. He has no grounds to determine one flash better than another, and he played me to get info for Ivan.

Another fact is that Rcannon had been an expired COG member for about 3 years and not even active on this forum UNTIL he got Ivan's flash, and then he re-joined just to be able to bring us the latest info on Ivan's flash... and each time Ivan added something to his site, or posted something on you tube (Ivan never did you tube before any of this). So again, clearly there's constant contact, and a determined effort to promote Ivan's flash to the COG community by one sole person who brought nothing to this community before this.

In conclusion, there are piles of posts / testimonies from guys who got my flash and were pleased. But it's many different guys, not one guy over and over and over and over. 1 RCannon good review 100 times doesn't equal 50 good reviews from 50 different guys.     In the other flash thread, someone posted  that " flashing seemed like the IT world... theres several ways to get to the same place, and all of them are right". This is pretty appropriate... results don't lie.

Where this goes now is up to you Roland. Do what you will,  but I think you are the worst thing to ever happen to Ivan.

Steve

« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 09:53:46 pm by Steve in Sunny Fla »
C-14 ECU flashing for performance and rideability enhancement
C-10 Carb work , cams, & performance enhancements
 " Modifications for sport-tourers, BY a sport-tourer"
https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/home

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 11:19:03 pm »
I did ask Steve several questions, and was very interested in his flash.   Probably 1.5-2 yrs ago.....but, yes..I did.

Ivan did not have a flash for it, and the bike needed help.  I asked several questions as I was a very close to being a customer. I stopped asking questions after I asked about fuel cut, and how it was addressed.  The answer I received was not what I was looking for, and I don't even mean that in a negative way. That might be just  a "me" thing....so, I decided to either ...1....Wait until Ivan released the fix, or..2....Sell the 14 because it did not have the throttle response like my Ninja.

So, when Ivan released this c14 flash, it was  a big deal, for me, based on how much he had helped my Ninja 1000.  I tried other fixes on that bike (flash, power commander, butterflies removed) and nothing really worked very well.   Why is because of the fuel cut.

As far as info seeking, by me, for Ivan, he would not need it.  I believe he has 24 other flashes on everything from Honda to Harley.  If he was waiting for my assistance, this would have been a real problem.

Heres what is so cool about the fuel cut topic.  Dont take my word for it, go try it on your own bikes...and this is how you do it.

"When the throttle is closed the injectors are never completely off. If they were you would stall every time you closed the throttle. It's called "Idle speed". It's basic physics. "

This is a completely false statement.

Yes, the engine does stall every time you let off the throttle when fuel cut is enabled.

To prove this, all someone has to do is this simple test.

Put the bike in 2nd or 3rd gear and bring it up to 7000 rpm or so… close the throttle, and operate the kill switch on the handlebar  on/off/on/off repeatedly.

*****(do not touch the throttle during the kill switch operation)******

You will find that it makes no difference because the engine isn’t running.

The longer the decel time, the more time you have to repeat the test over and over.
Higher gears are better for this test because decel is slower and takes more time to come down.
You can hear and feel when the injectors come back on as you decel.

Why am I continuing to post about Ivan?

Very simple, I can’t stand nepotism. Being a “good ol boy” isn’t good enough anymore these days, it’s not fair to the rest of the silent members and non-posting people who read here . We don’t live in the dark ages. The guy fixed about $25,000 worth of my motorcycles.....yea, I was pretty excited when this flash was released.

A product should be judged on it’s merits and whether or not it does the best job for which it is intended, not who’s selling it.

I also asked Ivan to reflash my Ford f350, my Lexus and my Mazda 3. I've not seen those appear on his page.....soon, I'm sure???
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 08:10:48 pm by rcannon409, Reason: To clarify »

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2017, 12:06:59 am »
I did ask Steve several questions, and was very interested in his flash.   Probably 1.5-2 yrs ago.....but, yes..I did.

Ivan did not have a flash for it, and the bike needed help.  I asked several questions as I was a very close to being a customer. I stopped asking questions after I asked about fuel cut, and how it was addressed.  The answer I received was not what I was looking for...

Very simple, I can’t stand nepotism. Being a “good ol boy” isn’t good enough anymore these days, it’s not fair to the rest of the silent members and non-posting people who read here . We don’t live in the dark ages. The guy fixed about $25,000 worth of my motorcycles.....yea, I was pretty excited when this flash was released.

Let's cut to the chase here. Let's not mince words. You state that about you were asking me about my flash, and almost a customer. that this was 1.5- 2 years ago. But I quoted you in my post above... on june 23, 2017. 4.5 months ago. so call your statement about being interested in my flash 1.5 years ago what you want... I call it a blatant lie.

You say you didn't like my answer on fuel cut. PLEASE, since you were planning to be a customer 4.5 months ago PLEASE quote the question and answer I gave you about fuel cut. PLEASE. If you cannot, it's because it's another lie.

And to make myself perfectly clear on how I feel about this.., please read -  I do not begrudge Ivan the opportunity to make a flash for this or any other bike. It's a free market, let the best product rise to the top. How I will deal with Ivan is by continuing to innovate and stay a step ahead. the winner will be the Concours riders, and that's fine with me. So again, let capitalism rule the day and I'll stand on my own.

But while you say you hate nepotism, let me tell you what I hate... I hate it when someone who doesn't know me makes absolutely false statements about me and my product just to forward his personal agenda. You did that Roland, in your first thread. And now if Ivan so much as walks near his concours, you post it up on the forum. Every time he changes his website, posts a video, whatever, you post it up. Nobody does that for me, and I can't do it because it violates the rules of advertising on this site. But you're doing it with abandon.

The part that gets me is that prior to this we never had a cross word. The last time you said anything about me / my flash was when you said I'm "the man" when it comes to the concours.  Just 2 months later (end of august this year) you had gotten Ivan's flash and you were attacking me personally. Huh????

You are also inconsistent on why you chose not to get my flash.  Here is your statement from your first flash thread... these are your words:

"To me, your ecu flash page feels deceptive, and the fact that you haven’t corrected it, just means to me that you want it to remain that way. I'm sure that you did not rush through the text that you put on your own web site?
   This bothers me a lot, and this is the reason that I didn’t spend my money with you. "

NOW on this thread, in the post above. you're saying it was because you didn't like my (nonexisting) answer on fuel cut.

There's no point in engaging you on tuning. you can't tune. You called out my dyno charts as deceptive when YOU made the mistake in understanding them. It was your misunderstanding, not my attempt to mislead - the same chart is still on my page, and it is honest as the day is long.

Keep posting Roland, but I'm going to keep posting your "inconsistencies" . Everyone sees the truth here, well almost everyone, except you.

Steve

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2017, 12:57:05 am »
I thought you meant the pm's from @ October 2015......The PM's are what came to mind when you asked about questions. 

Those were dated @ October 2015, and probably should have looked at the calendar closer.

You even said, earlier, "  So lets put all the pieces together. We have a guy who is bugging me, asking me questions about my flash for over a year, who has determined I am....."  You know, at that time , you really were "THE MAN" on the concours 14.  But, times change, and you cant kill the messanger because of the message.

..so, I called it  a year and a half.....seriously?

If we go back to "THAT" thread, I did say and word some things that were not cool....and I did say I was sorry for that, and I am.....

I did not start this thread to attack, or direct people back to that first thread.

I seriously did not want to mention you in this thread. There were a few reasons why I did not choose your flash....ok, so big deal. 

Heres is what I was worried about, if I need to say why I did not choose your flash. A bottom line sort of thing.

I did not like the charts...Charts  that were revised after I mentioned them.  The massive 1.05 correction factor was removed (105% of reality...maybe, could be, Florida is hot and humid) as well as the fact the charts that were compared , with each other, were pulled in two different gears.

The fuel cut, too. I'll be surprised if you flash any more ecu's if you are not dealing with this fuel cut issue.

What I did not want to end up with was a jerky, jumpy throttle and updates I would have to be paying for as time went on.  Im sorry, but for me, removing play from my throttle cables is no fix.

So there.  Thats my complete list, unless I left something out. I may have.  I dont have an "attack Steve" list.

If you look back, I posted positive remarks about Ivans work, as did soemoen else.  Both of us were attacked within a few minutes.

I respect you are an advertiser here, but Im not sure that membership includes the right to shout down, and attack people who choose to use other products.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 04:04:27 pm by rcannon409 »

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 01:28:40 am »
Here we go again with your lack of reading skills. this is what you posted, from june 23, 2017... 2 months before you posted about Ivans flash :

Accessories and modifications - C14/GTR 1400 / Re: ECU flashing now available
« on: June 23, 2017, 07:51:44 am »
Thisreflash stuff is interesting. If you dig around, you start to get  a feel of who is good for bike "X" and how that guy might be THE man on that specific bike.

I believe Steve is so far out in the lead, with regards to the concours 14, that no one else even comes close.

Steves already helped my riding situation.  I rat-holed the reflash money, and swore Id send mine in as soon as the snow made riding impossible.   Of course, that snow never really happened, and I was able to ride in each and every month, last year.

That would have never happened if I was not looking forward to downtime, and sending my ecu to him."

Further you state this has something from PM's from oct 2015? That was my very first month I flashed. I have made several different concours flashes since then. I don't even know what you're talking about, please post it for all of us to see.

and from the post above:

"I seriously did not want to mention you in this thread. There were a few reasons why I did not choose your flash....ok, so big deal.
Heres is what I was worried about, if I need to say why I did not choose your flash. A bottom line sort of thing.
I did not like the charts...Charts  that were revised after I mentioned them. "

again, "inconsistencies"... Now there's "a few reasons " hadn't hear that before, but OK.... But what revision did I make to my charts? That I changed them from SAE which I think is a better correction factor but shows lower HP to STD correction factor, so they are apples to apples comparison charts with Ivan's, so folks aren't mislead by the numbers from different correction factors? you call that a "revision"? Where's the deception there?

And finally you post :

"What I did not want to end up with was a jerky, jumpy throttle and updates I would have to be paying for as time went on.  Im sorry, but for me, removing play from my throttle cables is no fix".

Where's this jerky jumpy throttle problem you speak of? And what updates I'm charging for that not a completely new flash with a different personality with a different intended focus... And how is making a proper adjustment, like having throttle cables adjusted properly or idle speed set properly, how is that a "no fix"?

I guess you can keep on rationalizing.  Whatever. Where are my hundreds of unhappy customers? Roland, just please, STOP.

Steve

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 01:46:36 am »
Steve, at that time, what I posted was true about you being the leader in this flash.  You were.

Ivan has posted on his site, " I will not discuss upcoming work, until it is 99% finished."

About halfway down.   http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/ecu.htm

That applies to me, and to everyone else. 

So, people have said I hurt Ivan by posting here.  Now, I'm helping him?   With all these inconsistencies?

If I'm hurting him, you would be smart to let me continue?   

How about that fuel cut?  Did you find a better plan for it than you described to me? At some time.....I don't have it on my calendar.  Or, shall we go after me some more?

I hope the advertiser title does not allow you to attack members because of their thoughts and feelings?

No one should get sidetracked by the nonsense,.  This fuel cut deal is huge.  It's something you want adressed in a flash, no matter who does it.

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2017, 01:56:54 am »
Amazing... you called me misleading, and said I don't care about the concours community, that I'm all about the money, and now making clearly false statements about  my work, but then you cry that I'm going after you, a poor member just trying to express himself?  Wow, Hollywood couldn't make this stuff up.

If you want me to address something I supposedly stated to you,  please quote it and cite where it came from so I or anyone else can look it up, like I've done with your statements. Otherwise.... whatever.

Steve

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2017, 02:12:27 am »
Steve, again.  I said I was sorry for past behavior, several times.  And I really am.  I should not have said that, or said it the way I did.  That was my mistake.  What I said was bad, and I should not have said it.

Hollywood can't make up fuel cut.  That is what was so cool about the topic, and why I was not afraid to bring it up.  My credibility can be zero....less than zero.  That won't change their result.

People are going to go out and try these tests on their bikes.  At that point, they will feel it, hear it, and understand.  At that point, it won't be about me, and my guess is they will want the issue adressed, no matter who brought it up.

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2017, 02:20:18 am »
That's OK  Roland, so I guess it's all good now.

Just remember that in your (and Ivan's) zeal to crush me, Ivan tipped his hand by posting the datalog info. So now I know how his flash feels at that point... and we'll see the complaints they are going to have about that flash...  ;) 

I think I'm done for now  :beerchug:  Steve

Offline OKC14

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: South Central Area
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2017, 02:00:49 pm »
Well, that was interesting. Chock a win up for Steve-o.  My popcorn stash got dangerously low reading this thread :)

Offline Deepsea

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2017, 06:01:47 pm »
 :great:

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2017, 09:43:36 pm »
Steve, post number 47 in this thread is where I asked you about fuel cut, and mentioned it was a big deal, for me.  From december 2015.

You answered me in post 49.   

http://forum.cog-online.org/concours-14-zg1400-general-chat-and-tech/ecu-flashes-a-perception-problem/25/

In post 50, I said, "Please put me on the list when 2 is solved.  Your explanation, or description, makes it 100% clear what I am asking for, but you described it better."

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2017, 10:40:08 pm »
Steve, post number 47 in this thread is where I asked you about fuel cut, and mentioned it was a big deal, for me.  From december 2015.

You answered me in post 49.   

http://forum.cog-online.org/concours-14-zg1400-general-chat-and-tech/ecu-flashes-a-perception-problem/25/

In post 50, I said, "Please put me on the list when 2 is solved.  Your explanation, or description, makes it 100% clear what I am asking for, but you described it better."

Roland, this is the LAST time I'm responding to you. I'm tired of this, and so is everyone else. But since you brought up that conversation from post 47 to 50, , you'll see it supports all the facts I've laid out.

1) you've been pestering me for 2 years, as I stated.

2) your statement that I charge for updates is unfounded

3) you refuse to think there's more than one way to skin the cat when it comes to fuel cut / deceleration. it's all here in my response to you from 2 years ago, post 49. I'm going to post it here, then LEAVE ME ALONE. EVERYONE IS TIRED OF THIS.

"Re: ECU flashes... a perception problem?
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2015, 11:29:58 pm »

2) The concept of decel braking and fuel cut may be getting interchanged here. Pretty much the stock bike just dumps power as soon as you back off the throttle even a little bit. Some call it engine braking. some call it fuel cut. When it's excessive, I call it annoying. I can't stand it. I am working with the map now to try to get a smoother version of decel. I might be onto something. no promises... But IF i can pull it off, and anyone I've flashed already wants the upgrade I'll do it for the cost of shipping.
"

Now that's it Roland. I'm tired of proving you wrong. Steve

Offline Ingramite

• Tricycle
  • The Texas Hill Country
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 12653
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2017, 11:16:20 pm »
I'm thinking about starting my own Flash Up outfit.
I'll call it......wait......FLASH And TRASH.....that's the ticket. :))
Ride Like Your Life Depends On It
Certified Smith Systems Instructor