Author Topic: Concours for 2018 ?  (Read 3178 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Concours for 2018 ?
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2017, 10:15:28 pm »
Price estimates said $23,000 to $25,000, though!

Less than the 2017 msrp for H2!

I really have to laugh at people that spew out repetedly, on as many threads as possible, about something that will never be seen, believing in some way, it will amazingly appear...
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Geebus, P.T. Barnum, was a god with his words... and now, even today, people think "I saw it on the net, it HAS to be true..."

Sheeple, wake up, smell the coffee.. give up on this waste of hormonal ridiculous speculation... face the reality...
I'll also add, sometime maybe try to read more than the last 2 posts in a thread, before adding more stuff...
http://forum.cog-online.org/concours-14-zg1400-general-chat-and-tech/concours-for-2018/msg615552/#msg615552

Reality check, for those not thinking...

Not aimed at you JDS, or anyone else with a semblence of realistic expectations...
Just those asking "why not sell ke a bike with $12k+ adders" for the price I paid for my puny C14....

Man, tough crowd...
Give up folks

STOP THE INSANITY....

Peace out, ride safe.

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW

Offline JDSCO

• Mini Bike
  • 2016 C14
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12593
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2017, 11:42:22 pm »
If I wanted to spend 25K on a motorcycle, it would not be a Kaw.
I'm not a BMW/GWing guy.
I'm on my 18th motorcycle.
I'm on my second set (2nd set) of Kawasaki fours.
First set was a new 76 KZ900 and a 75 Z1B, nos. 3 and 4
followed by my second set, a new 08 C14 and new 16 C14.
I like speculating and talking motorcycles.
I'm an A&P Mechanic and a 5000 hour helicopter pilot. I'm as much a gearhead and Kaw guy as anybody on this forum.
I like working hard and spending my money and I liked this thread until now.

What is going on?
"It's not bragging if you can back it up"
Muhammad Ali

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2017, 12:10:02 am »
Since I began servicing, and riding, in '73....
I've never owned a Honda...
I guess I speaks volumns, as you "meet the nicest people... on a ...?"

And I've owned Harley's.. go figure...

Its all good man...

Offline RoadKillHeaven

• How hard can it be? 。◕‿◕。
  • Moped
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2017, 12:22:23 am »

I really have to laugh at people that spew out repetedly, on as many threads as possible, about something that will never be seen, believing in some way, it will amazingly appear...

Geebus, P.T. Barnum, was a god with his words... and now, even today, people think "I saw it on the net, it HAS to be true..."

Sheeple, wake up, smell the coffee.. give up on this waste of hormonal ridiculous speculation... face the reality...
I'll also add, sometime maybe try to read more than the last 2 posts in a thread, before adding more stuff...
http://forum.cog-online.org/concours-14-zg1400-general-chat-and-tech/concours-for-2018/msg615552/#msg615552

Not aimed at you JDS, or anyone else with a semblence of realistic expectations...
Just those asking "why not sell ke a bike with $12k+ adders" for the price I paid for my puny C14....

Man, tough crowd...
Give up folks

STOP THE INSANITY....

Peace out, ride safe.

MOB, we shouldn't deprive people of their wet dreams.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2017, 12:33:26 am »

Man, tough crowd...
Give up folks

STOP THE INSANITY....

Peace out, ride safe.

Agreed..
But 37 posts with the same content.. (just kidding, only 3 so far..) gets a bit recunkulous..

Offline seagiant1

• Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 11323
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2017, 01:46:55 am »

Hi,
       That's FUNNY!!! :great:

Humans are always looking for that next "high"! (Whether they get it or not!) :-X

It's what we do, I guess! ::)

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 01:54:17 am by seagiant1 »
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it"
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 9735
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2017, 12:13:01 pm »
Like  :great: :great:

Tough call, new H2SX or new Wing in 2018...  >:D

Maybe both?   :??:
BAD A$$ isn't cheap, and cheap isn't BAD A$$...

Offline OKC14

• Bicycle
  • AREA: South Central Area
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2017, 12:50:38 pm »
And still read nothing about CC....
Said something about semi-electronically adjustable suspension... whatever that means?

Looks cool, probably one fast bike, but pricey!

For the record, the rumored price estimates are 23k bps, or around $30,000 USD.

Offline Jim

• Scooter
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2017, 01:48:45 pm »
^Yea, but it's MCN.

Home of the Honda VFR1000 with the V5 engine they released in 2008. So, honestly, who the hell knows?

Exactly. I never believe anything I read if it came from MCN. They're like the National Enquirer of motorcycles.

Offline Roger B

• Training Wheels
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2017, 05:36:18 pm »
I'm one that hopes Kawasaki will build this bike.  This time I think Kawasaki will be building a sport touring bike that is supercharged I just don't know if it will be H2 based, meaning frame, suspension, motor, etc.    I'm 57 and all my life I have wanted the manufactures to produce this bike...full on performance with the comfortable riding position and hard luggage / wind protection.   The sportbike engine is always detuned for low-end and mid-range to make it meet the needs of the revised model bike.   Since the manufactures haven't yet, I have always modified a bike to make it MORE comfortable, but not usually comfortable.    Right now I have a '13 ZX14r and '10 C14.   I very much like both of these bikes, I have modified both to be more comfortable and to serve my needs.    I probably ride them 40% zx14r and 60% c14.     It will probably be cheaper for me to own these 2 motorcycles than to buy 1 new supercharged sport touring bike from Kawasaki...at least for the first couple of years when demand is high.   After that who knows.     I doubt that the supercharged bike will be that much quicker or faster than the zx14r, unless the owner increases the boost, and I have modified the handlebars, seat, luggage to make it not too bad of a sport touring bike, but not anywhere near as good as the C14 for that purpose and overall riding.    Also, I have owned many performance bikes, and none of them have as smooth a motor as the zx...the Honda Blackbird was very close though.    I don't know how smooth the H2 motor has been.   Just my take on it.

Offline RoadKillHeaven

• How hard can it be? 。◕‿◕。
  • Moped
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2017, 06:49:56 pm »
Do you want to have "made in America" motorcycle with a powerful engine, comfortable riding position and uttelry absurd price for what it is?
Look no further, MOTUS https://www.motusmotorcycles.com/home is here to fulfill your dreams.

Cheers...

Offline Roger B

• Training Wheels
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2017, 07:32:06 pm »
I seen that bike at the MSTA Rally in Marietta, OH this August.    It looks like it is well designed, but like all start ups you don't know how long they can stay around.   I wish them luck.   

Offline Akumu

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: Northeast Area
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2017, 08:36:04 pm »
Insurance on a 30k boutique bike is probably....fun. Only thing I like about that bike is motor. It's just too 'stapled together.'

Offline ghostrider990

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 12649
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2017, 01:42:31 am »

[/quote]

Exactly. I never believe anything I read if it came from MCN. They're like the National Enquirer of motorcycles.
[/quote]

:sign0103:

That's some funny stuff right there!
..."I like to keep this handy -- for Close Encounters"...

Offline bobgroger

• Tricycle
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2017, 10:35:59 pm »
Found this today. Not only is the Concours back for 2018, there is a "Performance Sport" model, at least in Europe. They have made the investment in Euro4, so I think we will see the C14 for a few more years. https://www.kawasaki.eu/en/products/Sport_Tourer/2018/ZZR1400_Performance_Sport/overview?Uid=0916CV8JXQwLDg0MWgoLXF1ZW1ALWw0MUFhYWQ4KWVxfWlA
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 10:40:23 pm by bobgroger »
09 C14 24k
'80 GS1100e Dragbike 8k
'83 GS1100e stock 42k
'80 GS850 my favorite bike 18k

Offline gPink

• Iron Butt
  • MMVIII C XIV
  • COG#: 9403
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2017, 11:10:45 pm »
Is that not a zx14?

Offline flashback50

• Scooter
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2017, 11:13:36 pm »
Found this today. Not only is the Concours back for 2018, there is a "Performance Sport" model, at least in Europe. They have made the investment in Euro4, so I think we will see the C14 for a few more years. https://www.kawasaki.eu/en/products/Sport_Tourer/2018/ZZR1400_Performance_Sport/overview?Uid=0916CV8JXQwLDg0MWgoLXF1ZW1ALWw0MUFhYWQ4KWVxfWlA

That is not a Concours or a GTR1400.. that is a ZZR1400.  Not a sport tourer.. Basically a ZX14

Offline Akumu

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: Northeast Area
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2017, 01:10:07 am »
Well, ZX14R to be precise.  ;D

A pretty well tricked out one, too.

Offline Rev Ryder

• Officer
  • I Need a Life
  • We came. We saw. We Concours-ed.
    • Presbychuck
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 7235
  • Membership Level: Executive Director
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2017, 03:19:22 am »
2018 Kaw C-14 ABS available in Spark Black and Carbon Grey.  I can't see any other changes.
https://www.kawasaki.com/products/2018-Concours-14-ABS
Fortis non Ferox
 Shafties Can't Wheelie

Offline Aneura

• Training Wheels
  • COG#: 10897
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2017, 03:54:15 pm »
Tomorrow is the big day, we'll see what becomes of it.. honestly the new wing and the K1600 are both looking pretty good to me.. the C14 is lacking in both advancements and basics, like cruise control.. next year I'll be upgrading, its just a question of whether it will be a Kawi or something else.. I'd be in for an upgraded version of the C14 without question.
----
2012 ZG1400CC
2003 CBR 1100XX Blackbird
AMA 2951985
Saint Johns, FL

Offline jwh20

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2017, 04:05:27 pm »
Tomorrow is the big day, we'll see what becomes of it.. honestly the new wing and the K1600 are both looking pretty good to me.. the C14 is lacking in both advancements and basics, like cruise control.. next year I'll be upgrading, its just a question of whether it will be a Kawi or something else.. I'd be in for an upgraded version of the C14 without question.

I agree, the 2018 Goldwing looks to be a big step up.  While I've not seen the details it does look to have an "E-KEY" like the C14's KiPass.  It'll be interesting to see how that works out.  While I have no complaints over the KiPass, it sure seems to be a sore topic among a lot of owners.

As far as the K1600 is concerned, I'll pass.  BMW seems to like to add complexity for complexity's sake and the K1600 is about as complex a motorcycle imaginable.  That plus the extraordinarily high cost-of-ownership make any BMW a turn-off for me!
2012 Concours 14 Arabian Red
"Debbie Downer" according to some...

Offline Aneura

• Training Wheels
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2017, 04:35:53 pm »

I agree, the 2018 Goldwing looks to be a big step up.  While I've not seen the details it does look to have an "E-KEY" like the C14's KiPass.  It'll be interesting to see how that works out.  While I have no complaints over the KiPass, it sure seems to be a sore topic among a lot of owners.

As far as the K1600 is concerned, I'll pass.  BMW seems to like to add complexity for complexity's sake and the K1600 is about as complex a motorcycle imaginable.  That plus the extraordinarily high cost-of-ownership make any BMW a turn-off for me!

I agree on all points..though Ive taken an extended test tide on the K16 and it was an impeccable ride, and less complex than it looks once you get used to it for a bit.. the maintenance scares me  too (and I own 2 BMW vehicles!).

The wing has a less 'old-man' look now, seems more sporty and, well, its a Honda.. can't go wrong with that. Yes, it has a flavor of the KiPass, which has been wonderful for me as well. 

My C14 has been great, has lots of farkles to make up for shortcomings, but it just feels dated for a sport-tourer.. if I want old-school, I ride my Blackbird ;)

----
2012 ZG1400CC
AMA 2951985
Saint Johns, FL

Offline jwh20

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2017, 05:04:55 pm »

I agree on all points..though Ive taken an extended test tide on the K16 and it was an impeccable ride, and less complex than it looks once you get used to it for a bit.. the maintenance scares me  too (and I own 2 BMW vehicles!).

The wing has a less 'old-man' look now, seems more sporty and, well, its a Honda.. can't go wrong with that. Yes, it has a flavor of the KiPass, which has been wonderful for me as well. 

My C14 has been great, has lots of farkles to make up for shortcomings, but it just feels dated for a sport-tourer.. if I want old-school, I ride my Blackbird ;)

+1 on the Honda reliability.  I have a 2005 GL1800 that I bought new in 2006 as a left-over.  It's been nearly trouble free in all that time.  Other than a brake recall I had a small plastic part break in the top-case latch.  It would have been covered under warranty but the part was $1.00 and it took me 10 minutes to fix.  This past year one of the O2 sensors failed.  The part was only $50 and I did replace it myself.  To those who complain about taking the plastics off a C14 my response is, "You haven't lived until you take the plastics off a Goldwing!"  But other than a much of steps, it was pretty easy.  The sensor itself is right on the bottom under the bike but the connector is tucked away up under the top-shelter and you have to take everything off to get to it!  The only thing more difficult is the air filter!

Anyway, I don't think I'm going to trade my Wing in on a new one.  While the new ones look great, that's a lot of money to spend.  If I want to tour I have my 05.  If I want sporty touring I have my C14.  Combined the two cost less than a 2018 Wing!
2012 Concours 14 Arabian Red
"Debbie Downer" according to some...

Offline Aneura

• Training Wheels
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2017, 11:57:56 am »
Certainly not what I think most of us were hoping for
http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/kawasaki-ninja-h2-sx-revealed

Looks fun, but not long-distance geared.. and WHY does it have cruise control and not the C14!!!
----
2012 ZG1400CC
AMA 2951985
Saint Johns, FL

Offline gPink

• Iron Butt
  • MMVIII C XIV
  • COG#: 9403
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2017, 12:36:21 pm »
Because it is throttle by wire and cost a butt load more money.