Author Topic: concours tranmission  (Read 2708 times)

Offline marv

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 11354
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
concours tranmission
« on: August 26, 2015, 11:40:36 pm »
Oh where to start. I have a 2014 concours. on june 7th I had a transmission failure. went to shop june 13th. have not seen bike since. the shop says there are a lot of parts on back order. I called kawasaki corporate today, and they tell me that 5th gear will not be here until sept 22nd. anyone know of a way that I can just get another 2014 concours from kawi so I don't lose out on all of my ride time. Oh and yes the work being done is warranty. ????? I'M PSSSTTT OOFFFFF. 

Offline mattchewn

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 10993
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: concours tranmission
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 11:42:25 pm »
Depending on your particular state there are Lemon Laws that come into effect at 30 days of loss of use.  Backorders are irrelevant.
Matt
2018 H2 SXSE.  (FAT SXSE)
2011 GSX1250 FA
2009 Ninja 500R. (wifes')
2001 Bandit 650  (kids')

Offline Fais

• It's amazing what one can accomplish if it doesn't matter who gets the credit.
  • Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 12:15:19 am »
I'm waiting on a tool for my trans repair. Sux and not under warranty. . . .

Do you have rental coverage on your bike insurance? If so, they'll rent you a car and go after Kawi to pay it - and they have lawyers to call Kawi for this kind of stuff.

Might be a shot in the dark - good luck -
1976 BMW R90S (Luna) - 2000 KLR650 (Dirt McGirt) - 2005 SV1000 (Sue) - 2006 Vespa PX150 (Vino Negro) - 2014 C14 (Betty) - 2017 Z125Pro (MiniZ)
Whether you think you can or can't - you're right!
Instagram @ fais_the_photographer

Offline Fred_Wa2gzw

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 10400
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 12:17:39 am »
In NY you would be getting a new bike under the Lemon Law.

Fred
Wa2gzw

Offline Fred_Harmon_TX

• COG Technical Editor
  • Industry Member
  • Iron Butt
    • Angel Ride Videos
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 2170
  • Membership Level: Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 12:31:18 am »
Please send me your email address and name in a private message.
Fred H.

Thanksgiving Sale in Effect now!  Concours 1400 Maintenance Videos 
http://www.angelridevideos.com

Offline JS_racer

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: North Central Area
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 10:36:39 am »
what happened to your trans ??
sorry about the downtime, it blows. mine was down 6 weeks, and makes the same racket it did before.  still not fixed.  >:(

Offline MJinCP

• Road Bike
  • "I'm not quite dead yet." - Monty Python
  • AREA: Southwest Area
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 03:22:14 pm »

Do you have rental coverage on your bike insurance? If so, they'll rent you a car and go after Kawi to pay it - and they have lawyers to call Kawi for this kind of stuff.

Not applicable.  Rental coverage only kicks in for downtime triggered by a covered claim.  There is no insurance claim involved here.
Mike
2013 Concours 14
2012 KLR650
1983 GPz 550
2023 Concours 16 (planning ahead)

Offline Michael

• Bicycle
  • COG#: 12095
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 05:38:25 pm »
That sucks. Presumably, you're making payments on a bike that you can not ride? If financed through Kawasaki, I would call and right corporate and ask them to loan you a demo bike.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 05:45:24 pm by Mike the Cop, Reason: edit »

Offline Fais

• It's amazing what one can accomplish if it doesn't matter who gets the credit.
  • Sport Tourer
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 05:56:43 pm »

Not applicable.  Rental coverage only kicks in for downtime triggered by a covered claim.  There is no insurance claim involved here.

I would claim trip interuption .... But that's me. Insurance has always been eager to help me - but I have a dozen homes and vehicles covered by a small office Progressive agency. It's their chance at customer service. Free call. Think positive!

If you're not his insurance agent you can't say 'not applicable'. There are hundreds of ways to set up insurance and 50 different states worth of guidelines. If the vehicle was purchased new within the past year there are all kinds of neat coverages.
1976 BMW R90S (Luna) - 2000 KLR650 (Dirt McGirt) - 2005 SV1000 (Sue) - 2006 Vespa PX150 (Vino Negro) - 2014 C14 (Betty) - 2017 Z125Pro (MiniZ)

Offline MJinCP

• Road Bike
  • "I'm not quite dead yet." - Monty Python
  • AREA: Southwest Area
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 06:29:19 pm »

I would claim trip interuption .... But that's me. Insurance has always been eager to help me - but I have a dozen homes and vehicles covered by a small office Progressive agency. It's their chance at customer service. Free call. Think positive!

If you're not his insurance agent you can't say 'not applicable'. There are hundreds of ways to set up insurance and 50 different states worth of guidelines. If the vehicle was purchased new within the past year there are all kinds of neat coverages.

Sorry, Fais.  I am an insurance agent, and there is no policy anywhere that will pay for rental coverage when your vehicle is in for mechanical repairs (not an insurance claim, either comp or collision).  Congrats to you for having a dozen homes and vehicles, but you're mistaken if you think you have this type of coverage.  Bummer too that you would so quickly and easily claim trip interruption, when it isn't.  That's called fraud, and speaks volumes.
Mike
2013 Concours 14
2012 KLR650
1983 GPz 550
2023 Concours 16 (planning ahead)

Offline Fais

• Sport Tourer
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 07:27:08 pm »
It's customer service when you ask for help and that's how I've been helped out of a jam before. Really was great service. I'm also licensed - but don't practice. Couldn't stand the people!