Author Topic: Dealer (service work) recommendations in/near MA?  (Read 384 times)

Offline Stewart

• Road Bike
  • Aussie living in the USA
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 9380
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Dealer (service work) recommendations in/near MA?
« on: July 21, 2017, 12:28:10 am »
A long time since I've been on the forum, life got busy with a new job, blah blah blah. But I have been riding and enjoying the odd track day or two.

My dealer closed down, Performance Cycles - Shrewsbury, MA and now I need to find a Kawa Dealer that can performance quality servicing, the bike is overdue for 22.5K mile service.

Any recommendations as there is nothing close to Hopkinton, MA. I think my choice is between Souhegan Valley Motorsports and Greater Boston Motorsports, but open to suggestions on someone who knows how to service a Connie?

Thanks in advance for constructive input.
Stewart
2010 Concours14
COG 9380

Offline TFly

• Bicycle
  • CDA #414
  • COG#: 10339
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Dealer (service work) recommendations in/near MA?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 12:46:42 am »
maybe an hour+ away from you but I swear by my dealer :great:. http://www.razeemotorcycle dot com/  CELEBRATING 70 YEARS IN BUSINESS! I know it is done right when I get service done there. Ask for Russell

Razee Motorcycle Center
730 Tower Hill Rd.
North Kingstown, RI 02852
Phone: (401) 295-8837
Email: info@razeemotorcycle.com
Todd Flynn
Narragansett, Rhode Island
2011 C-14 Black
V&H CS1

Offline Christopher

• Tricycle
  • COG#: Forum
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 01:39:55 am »
Flamingo Motorsports in Palmer is a reputable shop. New England Cycle works in Groton Ct is great too, i brought my 16 there. Probably too far for you though..
Good luck!

Offline BDF

• Iron Butt
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 08:40:47 am »
I can also vouch for both New England Cycle Works in Groton, CT as well as Razee in North Kingston, RI. Razee is just over an hour away from you and a fairly easy ride (almost all highway if you want). Depending on what you need done, they may be able to squeeze it into one day so you can ride there and back.

As was mentioned, speak with Russell (service manager) or Pete (warranty manager but he will handle some service too). Great folks, been in business for something like 70 years, family owned and run and the owner is on the premises most times, Gordon Razee. They are something quite rare in the motorcycle retail and service business: professionals. By that I mean the average time of employment is something like 12 years, with many people having been there 20 or more. Very few really young (say, 22 or under) working there and those that are on a short leash.

My thought here is that with all the poor service in the world, and all the people talking about it, I might as well take a moment to point out a great organization in a business so short of them, or at least so it seems. I have no affiliation or interest with them but am a happy customer and have known those folks forever. Mention my name if you want, it will not hurt and may help: Brian, '08 C-14 w/ Lots 'o miles and the elk hoof.... they know me.

Brian
KiPass keeping you up at night? Has the low fuel warning burned your retinas? Find peace, harmony and the answer to these problems. www.incontrolne.com

Offline Stewart

• Road Bike
  • Aussie living in the USA
  • COG#: 9380
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 11:06:31 am »
Thanks to all who replied with feedback. I think I'll run with Razee and look forward to posting about the experience.
Stewart
2010 Concours14
COG 9380

Offline Gixerhp

• Industry Member
  • Road Bike
  • The Lighting Guy!
  • COG#: 12189
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 03:02:43 pm »
Southegan Valley Motorsports, for any warranty work for me. Any thing else i do myself. They have a couple of real good techs there that pay attention.
 :beerchug:
No Replacement for Displacement
Bikes are my passion and my hobbie,,
If you need help, and are close,, PM me

Offline Con05_NH

• Training Wheels
  • COG#: 8318
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 12:27:50 am »
I have Souhegan do all my work. Just had 30,000 done. Techs are first rate as is their shop rate for doing the entire service.  Service is their bread and butter and for a small shop they do it best.

Offline BDF

• Iron Butt
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 09:17:14 pm »
Well, maybe not ALL your work....

:rotflmao:

Brian

I have Souhegan do all my work. Just had 30,000 done. Techs are first rate as is their shop rate for doing the entire service.  Service is their bread and butter and for a small shop they do it best.
KiPass keeping you up at night? Has the low fuel warning burned your retinas? Find peace, harmony and the answer to these problems. www.incontrolne.com

Offline sc

• Training Wheels
  • COG#: 12344
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 02:11:43 pm »
Yup, Razee has always treated me right, bought many bikes from them and have found their tire pricing is very competitive with online purchasing. Service dept I have only used twice and they were honest.

Offline Con05_NH

• Training Wheels
  • COG#: 8318
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 01:35:55 am »
True Brian, we've done a few things to it haven"t we. Tech day has been good to her.  But all the major work has been done by them.