Author Topic: dealer complaint....what should I do  (Read 2866 times)

Offline 1gopokes1

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
dealer complaint....what should I do
« on: April 15, 2015, 01:27:37 am »
I took my 09 into local dealer for hydraulic fluid change ( brakes & Clutch) and coolant flush. The only reason I took it in was because I have 2.5 yrs left on warranty, I want documented service incase I have a claim. I bought bike last year with 1300 miles on it now has 6600

I pick it up, I take for a ride and notice the brake reservoir is full and clear while the clutch is lower and dirty. I pull the cover on the clutch Res and there is back gook floating around in there.

I bring it back to the dealer, they do the flush ( at least I think so) Res is full and clear. When I pick it up the service manager says their must have been a "bubble" in there.  Sure OK

I take it out this weekend and I notice they dripped brake fluid on the fairing piece ( where the glove box is on new bikes) and burned/ bleached the finish on it.

This is from the " better " of the two shops in my metro area....4 trips down there and back to get simple service done and it is F--ked up each time

should I go back and have them replace the fairing piece  >:(

Offline KennyS

• Bicycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
Re: dealer complaint....what should I do
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 01:30:28 am »
YEP...
2008 kaw c14
2007 Suzuki m109
2008 Honda 650 xrl

Offline Old Man on a Connie

• South West Area Director (Past)
  • I Need a Life
  • COG#: 9932
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 01:34:05 am »
Yes. Where you at? What dealer?
"I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do, It's a Concours. A C14 '11 silver to be precise." OTP 2017 Traveler. It was a Blast Baby. Still in it to Win it.

Offline Speedy

• Road Bike
  • AREA: Southeast Area
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 01:34:25 am »
Absolutely....
2012 Connie - Black is Beautiful! - Current (EVO Flashed)
2015 FZ09 - Matte Grey - Current
2001 CBR 929 RR - Sold
1995 CBR 600 F3 - Sold
1984 VF 700 F - Sold

Offline LouSpag

• Scooter
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 01:48:43 am »
Yes, yes, YES! Take it back show them what they did get it fixed and never go back.

LouSpag
~~~~~~~One Day At a Time~~~~~~~~~
2000 ZX12r
2009 Concours 14
2012 ZX14R

Offline cra-z1000

• Crotch Rocket
  • Keeping it upright..
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 9790
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 02:01:51 am »
Sounds like normal stealership behavior . Go back and get the part and put it on yourself.......unless you want a 5th bad experience .
1987 C 10
80 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MK 2
74 Honda 750 four ss
73 Suzuki 550 triple
72 Honda 550 four

Offline jwh20

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: North Central Area
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 08:41:15 am »
I took my 09 into local dealer for hydraulic fluid change ( brakes & Clutch) and coolant flush. The only reason I took it in was because I have 2.5 yrs left on warranty, I want documented service incase I have a claim.

There is no requirement that maintenance must be done by a dealer to maintain your warranty.  If you change your own oil, keep a record of it and keep your receipts for oil and filter.  Same with any other maintenance you do or have done.  It's a myth that dealer love to perpetuate that THEY must do the work to keep your warranty intact.

Note also that in the event of a warranty claim where you didn't do the recommended maintenance there must be a relationship between the missing maintenance and the failure.  For example if you had an brake caliper failure it would be ridiculous for the dealer or Kawasaki to deny the claim because you didn't perform an oil change on schedule.
2012 Concours 14 Arabian Red
"Debbie Downer" according to some...

Offline Big-Al

• Scooter
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 11:06:28 am »
Go back, complain, get the part and install it yourself. No point in giving them the opportunity to screw something else up.
2012 Kawasaki Concours (Arabian Red) (1400cc)
2008 BMW K1200GT (1200cc)
2004 BMW K1200GT (1200cc)
1998 BMW K1200RS (1200cc)
1991 BMW K1 (1000cc)
1986 BMW K100 LT (1000cc)
1980 BMW R100 RT (1000cc)
1975 BMW R90/6 (900cc)
1972 BSA Lightning (750cc)
1970 Norton Commando (750cc)
1969 Triumph Bonneville (650cc)
1968 Harley Davidson Sprint (250cc)
1967 Honda Super Hawk (305cc)
1967 Honda Cub (65cc)

Offline rodgard

• Bicycle
  • COG#: 11429
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 11:27:29 am »
Stunning - would also make the Kawasaki area rep covering that dealer aware.  Corp Kawa can't fix what it does not know is broken
Ride Well
Rodney
COG # 11429
2011 Kawasaki Concours 14 - black of course!
1995 Ducati Monster 900

Offline Flat-spot

• Sport Tourer
  • COG#: 11111
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 11:37:45 am »
Kawasaki  customer care       866-802-9381     :great: :great: :great:
'08 C14
There is no such thing as too much ammo, unless you are on fire or trying to swim.

Offline Fais

• It's amazing what one can accomplish if it doesn't matter who gets the credit.
  • Sport Tourer
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 03:14:14 pm »
Unnamed mechanic dropped a tiny bit of brake fluid on my plastic and he insisted on replacing it.

Let them have the damaged piece if they want to turn it in as a loss.

1976 BMW R90S (Luna) - 2000 KLR650 (Dirt McGirt) - 2005 SV1000 (Sue) - 2006 Vespa PX150 (Vino Negro) - 2014 C14 (Betty) - 2017 Z125Pro (MiniZ)
Whether you think you can or can't - you're right!
Instagram @ fais_the_photographer

Offline seagiant1

• Sport Tourer
  • COG#: 11323
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 03:21:23 pm »
Stunning - would also make the Kawasaki area rep covering that dealer aware.  Corp Kawa can't fix what it does not know is broken
Ride Well
Rodney

Hi,
        I heard Kawi Corp is the best of the makers at taking care of customers!!! :great:

No help from your local dealer??? Call that 800 # !!! ;D
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it"
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Offline Fred_Wa2gzw

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 10400
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 08:24:48 pm »
It is my personal opinion that Kawi Corp could give two s__ts about you, the consumer after they have your money!!  Local dealers almost always win in a dispute if the decision is left to Kawi Corp.

I don't understand why people on this forum are reluctant to put in print the dealer name and location of these incompetent bas__ds.  Its a forum guys.   Its our forum, We pay the money to join COG.  Help Protect Your Fellow Cogers from rip off dealers/service centers.

Fred

Offline ACISROC

• Coordinator for the" Help A Cogger Out" thread.
  • Iron Butt
  • Red C-10 called Diablo
  • COG#: 11845
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 08:34:55 pm »
It is my personal opinion that Kawi Corp could give two s__ts about you, the consumer after they have your money!!  Local dealers almost always win in a dispute if the decision is left to Kawi Corp.

I don't understand why people on this forum are reluctant to put in print the dealer name and location of these incompetent bas__ds.  Its a forum guys.   Its our forum, We pay the money to join COG.  Help Protect Your Fellow Cogers from rip off dealers/service centers.

Fred

Here Here Fred!
There are "Bold Riders" and their are "Old Riders" but their are very few "OLD BOLD RIDERS"
 2003 C-10, C.O.G.Member#11845, A.T.G.A.T.T.
SW Chapter "Bold Riders" Retired Scout 12%er

Offline seagiant1

• Sport Tourer
  • COG#: 11323
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2015, 09:16:51 pm »

Fred

Hi,
       Well...Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If I thought that though, I wouldn't have bought the bike from Kawi in the first place!!!

Admittedly I have a good dealer from what I can see. Would I let them take care of anything but warranty issues? No!

If I felt I was being ripped off, you can bet your bottom dollar, EVERYONE is going to know!

I'm the kind of guy that wants payback ASAP! ;D
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it"
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Offline stevewfl

• Iron Butt
  • COG# 9334
  • COG#: 9334
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2015, 09:21:35 pm »

I would take a selfie and ask the person in the pic why  he would EVER take it to a stealership other than warranty or recall work. 

Then I would get on my knees and pray to God to give me the wisdom to NEVER make such a mistake again

Then I would change the FOB battery, make the bike right myself, and go for a ride in a serene state of mind.
KiPass!

Offline ConcoursKZ

• Sport Tourer
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2015, 10:15:53 pm »
Try putting some Meguiars tire wet on the spot. Rub it in and then leave it wet. Repeat a couple times. Mine went away.
2008 Concours ABS 1976 KZ 900 B1   CDA#387
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2015, 10:35:46 pm »
Take a cell pick of the damage, pointing out the spot using your middle finger, call the owner of the dealership, and ask him for his cell number so you can send a pic of damage incurred during service, and send it off... tell him to order the part, and personally call you when it comes in.... (should be less than 8 business days easily), then roll in and have it replaced...

Take control.

Man, this stuff just gets too deep.

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline stevewfl

• Iron Butt
  • COG# 9334
  • COG#: 9334
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2015, 10:52:39 pm »

I would take a selfie and ask the person in the pic why  he would EVER take it to a stealership other than warranty or recall work. 

Then I would get on my knees and pray to God to give me the wisdom to NEVER make such a mistake again

Then I would change the FOB battery, make the bike right myself, and go for a ride in a serene state of mind.

^^^per the PM i received, FYI that was supposed to be obviously sarcastic as all.  I didn't intend for it to be nor did i realize it would be offensive. I apologize if anyone took this (or any of my posts seriously). 

all good, and thanks for the PM kind sir  :beerchug:
KiPass!

Offline ACISROC

• Iron Butt
  • Red C-10 called Diablo
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2015, 11:03:23 pm »
Take a cell pick of the damage, pointing out the spot using your middle finger, call the owner of the dealership, and ask him for his cell number so you can send a pic of damage incurred during service, and send it off... tell him to order the part, and personally call you when it comes in.... (should be less than 8 business days easily), then roll in and have it replaced...

Take control.

Man, this stuff just gets too deep.

I like you're style MOB!! :)) :))
There are "Bold Riders" and their are "Old Riders" but their are very few "OLD BOLD RIDERS"

Offline ACISROC

• Iron Butt
  • Red C-10 called Diablo
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2015, 11:05:02 pm »

^^^per the PM i received, FYI that was supposed to be obviously sarcastic as all.  I didn't intend for it to be nor did i realize it would be offensive. I apologize if anyone took this (or any of my posts seriously). 

all good, and thanks for the PM kind sir  :beerchug:

I get you stevewfl :)) :))