Author Topic: Does stock exhaust come apart to ship?  (Read 175 times)

Offline Shredran

• Bicycle
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Does stock exhaust come apart to ship?
« on: June 30, 2019, 08:46:48 pm »
Hi all, sold the stock pipe and looking to compress it as much as possible for shipment to buyer. Does anyone know if the chrome down-pipe portion can be DETACHED from the primary black exhaust everyone thinks is too big? Thanks !

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Does stock exhaust come apart to ship?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 08:56:37 pm »
Hi all, sold the stock pipe and looking to compress it as much as possible for shipment to buyer. Does anyone know if the chrome down-pipe portion can be DETACHED from the primary black exhaust everyone thinks is too big? Thanks !

nope
chrome double walled pipe is welded directly to the muffler, under the casting cover

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline Shredran

• Bicycle
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 09:26:56 pm »
Thank you!! Makes finding the right box to ship it in a nightmare now LOL. Appreciate the reply !

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 09:41:44 pm »
Thank you!! Makes finding the right box to ship it in a nightmare now LOL. Appreciate the reply !

Having shipped, and recieved, them thru USPS, your best venue is to find a "big" box, cut it down, and basically "wrap" the thing tightly, with the cardboard, and clear shipping tape.. and create "an odd shaped" special package.. then have it weighed, and as it doesn't fall into "USPS Standard" box sizes, you will actually get a break on the shipping, vs a "big box".  I've done the same with seats, and saddle bags, in the past.
acouple years ago I did a C10 fuel tank also, carfully bubble wraped, and then "foam wrapped", to make the "smallest" size package.. that went out thru the UPS store tho.. and cost like $65, insured for $600...

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...