Author Topic: drain the tank- but did somethings stupid instead  (Read 329 times)

Offline Ratherberiding

• Moped
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 10482
  • Membership Level: Active
drain the tank- but did somethings stupid instead
« on: October 21, 2018, 04:07:42 pm »
rather than add stabilize and fulling the tank I was a dumb a** and put a 3/8 length if gas line into the right side and have buggered up the full gauge :-[....Have I bent something that can be straightened once removed or is this easier as a component replacement?  >:(

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 5977
Re: drain the tank- but did somethings stupid instead
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 09:22:55 pm »
drain the tank (remove it after siphoning as much as possible out) and dump the rest into a big funnel and gascan from the filler hole...
Invert the tank, and remove the gage sending unit, it may have gotten wedged when you hit it with the hose, or arm got bent, but the arm is a simple piece of stiff wire, with a float on the end, like a toilet valve float.. and easily bent "back".
As to a 'measurement' for re-bending, I can't say, maybe look at photo's, or the FSM, for a picture of "approximatly how it looks 'new' and un bent.

best of luck

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline Ratherberiding

• Moped
  • COG#: 10482
Re: drain the tank- but did somethings stupid instead
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 06:22:19 am »
Thanks, I will replace the fuel filter as well with taking the tank off, Once off I'll send you a pic to get some advice , again!!Ride safe if the weather permits.