Author Topic: Excessive Play in Windscreen  (Read 9262 times)

Offline Copperdawg

• Copperdawg Specialties
  • Moped
    • Copperdawg Specialties
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 11150
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Excessive Play in Windscreen
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2015, 10:22:32 pm »
No worries  :beerchug: :great:

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2015, 10:32:11 pm »
No worries  :beerchug: :great:

I'll add that your product looks very sharp, I live in Ohio, and relish all the protection I can get from the weather... so it isn't a swap I would make, simply because of my local.
 :great:

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline Copperdawg

• Copperdawg Specialties
  • Moped
    • Copperdawg Specialties
  • COG#: 11150
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2015, 10:56:09 pm »
Thanks. Yeah I know what you mean - cold weather is a different animal all together on a bike. 

Offline JC

• Moped
  • El Paso, TX USA
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2015, 11:38:05 pm »
In any case I also told him that if the screen did not fit I would offer a 100% refund.
That's customer service right there ;D; thanks a lot for that piece of mind Patrick. And yes, some folks just don't understand we like more wind (and clean one at that) than the one provided by most sport-touring and touring bikes (otherwise, might as well take the car :nananana:). And also want a tinted screen, so I was going to toss the stock windscreen no matter how good it is. By the way, I didn't get buffeting with the screen all the way down at up to 90 mph, but was still quite noisier than I'd like, even with earplugs. I want a sport-tourer with sportbike upper wind protection, and that's exactly what I'll get with the CopperDawg :great:. Thanks again for your super service Patrick.
2015 Candy Lime Green Concours14
MODS: TBR black-series slip-on w/P1 insert, black/heavy Throttlemeister, Grip Puppies, FendaExtenda, radiator grille with fiberglass screening, billet black oil-filler/final-drive caps, CB MiniEuro tinted screen, LED city-lights/rear turn-signals/license-plate lights, no stickers, no reflectors, no badges.

Offline Aussie

• The Engineer
  • Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 10853
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2016, 12:42:32 am »
JC,
They are on the front of the frame at the steering head. They attach the fairing stay to the front of the steering stem. Look in the front below your ignition switch assembly tucked in between the brake lines.
Matt

All ... I know this is an old post ... and the post has drifted onto windscreens  :nananana: ... but OMG ... I have been hunting my nose (and the windscreen with it) excessive play for a few weeks now. I should have known to start with the forum!

Thanks Mattchewn and LouSpag for the solution. I had lost one bolt completely and the other had no nut. on it ... so the nose was very lose. I couldn't wait to find the 8mm x 50mm replacements for my 2012 ... so (sacrilege I know) I changed over to 5/16"-18 x 2" flanged bolts and used blue Loctite ... hopefully they won't come lose now.

I included some pictures of my 2012 ...
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14 - Candy Arabian Red
Oviedo (near Orlando) FL

Wherever you go, there you are!

Offline Aussie

• The Engineer
  • Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 10853
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2016, 12:43:35 am »
And the final installation ... showing what it is supposed to look like ...

Note that I removed the screws from three of the brake (I think) lines to allow easier access to the bolts and nuts for tightening.

I moved the front wheel from left to right to get more space (as appropriate) when working on each side.

Thanks again guys.
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14 - Candy Arabian Red
Oviedo (near Orlando) FL

Wherever you go, there you are!

Offline zigzag

• Bicycle
  • why stop pedaling until your able to coast.
  • COG#: 8564
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2016, 01:54:19 am »
I wonder how many if checked found this? Just for the heck of it I checked and my top bolt had no nut. The only reason it hadn't fallen out was the brake line kept it there! Was this a recall notice I'd missed or something that kawi thought we didn't really need anyway? Just for the heck of it,when around another connie maybe bring this to there attention.

Offline buzzard

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum (M)
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2019, 10:27:12 pm »
Hello all.

Long time Goldwing and Electra Glide rider trying my first sport tourer. I purchased my new to me 2012 Concours14 about a month ago.

Unfortunately, I am introducing myself here because I had the misfortune of laying down my new to me Concours today in a slow speed right hand turn. The forks would not turn to the right and as a result I hit the ground. After investigation, I found a lower fairing bolt, mentioned in this thread, had loosened to the point it was barely hanging in the hole. This was enough to protrude into the path of the fork and stop its motion. Upon discovering this, I did a search which brought me to this older post.

I would like to make riders aware that this bolt is capable of interfering with steering. Fortunately, you don"t rotate handlebars much at faster speed, so this happened to me at slow speed and I was not injured. My bike, however, wasn't so lucky. Hopefully, my posting this might make another take a peek before their next ride and be sure there isn't a repeat of misfortune.

Thank you all for the posts and the technical help available here on this forum. It is a great service to us all.