Author Topic: Extended warranty!  (Read 548 times)

Offline FTB530

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12127
  • Membership Level: Active
Extended warranty!
« on: December 31, 2018, 10:28:35 pm »
I extended my warranty in the last month or two, I have the cards and paper work , but I looked on the MyKawasaki site and it is still showing the close future expiration date, I’m not worried to much but what’s your opinions or advice on this or does the Kawasaki site info even matter now?

Offline connie_rider

• "OtP" {retired/assistant} Slave Labor
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 4154
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Re: Extended warranty!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 10:38:37 pm »
Contact the shop that sold it to you and get a confirmation.

Ride safe, Ted
14 Connie (Traveler II) / 03 Connie (Buddy)
Gone but not forgotten; 87 and 00 Connies..

If your not already a COGger, "consider becoming one".
Help us make "OtP" possible again!!

Offline FTB530

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 11:20:33 pm »
Contact the shop that sold it to you and get a confirmation.

Ride safe, Ted
I’m not sure what they can confirm, I have the warranty card with new expiration date , I found a phone number to Kawasaki protection plan I will call next week, funny thing I just got a notice today my KPP was going to expire 02/20/2019 but the vin numbers didn’t match , guess my totaled  2016 warranty will be no good soon lol

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 11:28:27 pm »
I extended my warranty in the last month or two, I have the cards and paper work , but I looked on the MyKawasaki site and it is still showing the close future expiration date, I’m not worried to much but what’s your opinions or advice on this or does the Kawasaki site info even matter now?

Who did you go thru to purchase this extension?
Did you do it directly thru Kaw? Did you do it thru an independent, approved Kaw dealership?

Did you actually purchase a KPP, or is it some other plan?

You really need to get into contact with the people you paid money (oh, how much did you pay?), and make sure they actually put this transaction thru... doesn't sound like they did...
check the sticky at the top of this section, about the extended plans, and feel free to contact them and ask them to run your info thru the computer... they will gladly do this for you, and let you know what they found.

do some due diligence before expiration date, something sounds fishy..

best of luck.

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 11:33:01 pm »
so now you say vin numbers don't match... this is a real problem, and you need to get busy and correct it.. unless you do, the plan for your bike will expire, so check the numbers on your title, and on the steering stem, and compare them to what is been done...

Offline FTB530

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 12:07:14 am »
so now you say vin numbers don't match... this is a real problem, and you need to get busy and correct it.. unless you do, the plan for your bike will expire, so check the numbers on your title, and on the steering stem, and compare them to what is been done...

MOB I bought the KPP extended warranty from Ultimate cycle, I have the new warranty card and all the pepper work from them , I thought it would end up showing the new expiration date on the MyKawasaki website , so far it hasn’t change from the upcoming initial warranty expiration date on the website.i will call Kawasaki next week and see if I can get a answer!
As far as the VIN number not matching is I received a letter from Kawasaki today saying my warranty expires 2-2-19  ,I bought my first Concours on 2-2-16 and they were letting me know that warranty was ending !

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 07:58:23 pm »
I missed the connection about the expiration date you got the notice about, it was evidently associated with the bike you owned prior, which wheen re-reading your post, i see you noted it was totaled... thus the comment about the VIN; I also assume the new bike(?) you have is what you applied for in the KPP process... so I am clear now?

As for the papers and card you just got from Ultimate (via probably sent from Kaw, directly to you, after Pete at Ultimate put it thru the computer as updated) does in fact show the extensions coverage date, and expiration for same... this is normal. The Kaw website does not always "auto update", but it will, if you have the papers, it's recorded. It will however change to the new expiration date, as the KPP is a "passive" transition, and does run concurrent at the end of the existing coverage, not prior it's expiration. So I wouldn't worry about that.
If you are still concerned, call Pete at Ultimate, and speak directly with him, he will explain this all to you so you can relax and not be worried.  Pete is good people, and always willing to help. Might wait till thursday, to call, and they are normally closed on Mondays. I find I can reach him best around 3 p.m. On the days I call him., tell him I said hi, and happy new year.

Online ghostrider990

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 12649
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 01:48:39 pm »
I need to double-check mine.  :o

I've made two claims on it this year (TPMS & Cam Sensor O-Ring) but still need to verify.

I forget:  the extended warranty can be extended TWICE (3 years each) past the original 3 years, correct??

gr
..."I like to keep this handy -- for Close Encounters"...

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 02:52:45 pm »
That is correct, you can buy 2 KPP's, you actually can buy the second one the day you received the papers associated with the first one, as they run concurrently, and take effect the day the current one expires.

Offline FTB530

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 02:10:34 am »
I missed the connection about the expiration date you got the notice about, it was evidently associated with the bike you owned prior, which wheen re-reading your post, i see you noted it was totaled... thus the comment about the VIN; I also assume the new bike(?) you have is what you applied for in the KPP process... so I am clear now?

As for the papers and card you just got from Ultimate (via probably sent from Kaw, directly to you, after Pete at Ultimate put it thru the computer as updated) does in fact show the extensions coverage date, and expiration for same... this is normal. The Kaw website does not always "auto update", but it will, if you have the papers, it's recorded. It will however change to the new expiration date, as the KPP is a "passive" transition, and does run concurrent at the end of the existing coverage, not prior it's expiration. So I wouldn't worry about that.
If you are still concerned, call Pete at Ultimate, and speak directly with him, he will explain this all to you so you can relax and not be worried.  Pete is good people, and always willing to help. Might wait till thursday, to call, and they are normally closed on Mondays. I find I can reach him best around 3 p.m. On the days I call him., tell him I said hi, and happy new year.
Yea you have it pretty clear now, and what you said about the new coverage not showing until the original end makes sense , thanks !

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 02:20:46 am »
still, for your protection and to ease my mind, call Pete and discuss it, and ask the questions... I don't want to see anyone loose some valuable resource, nor do I want you to be "wondering", just a phone call, and we will both know.
So, Please, Please, Please...pretty please with sugar on it  call him because I can't seeing as I dont have your bike info...
and... please report the outcome.
 :great:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 02:24:32 am by MAN OF BLUES »

Offline FTB530

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2019, 02:55:08 am »
still, for your protection and to ease my mind, call Pete and discuss it, and ask the questions... I don't want to see anyone loose some valuable resource, nor do I want you to be "wondering", just a phone call, and we will both know.
So, Please, Please, Please...pretty please with sugar on it  call him because I can't seeing as I dont have your bike info...
and... please report the outcome.
 :great:

Will do ASAP! Which in my case will be next week when I’m not working!

Offline flashback50

• Road Bike
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2019, 10:07:46 pm »
One guy here said he had to remove his bike from the Kawi site then re-enter it to get his warranty extension to show up. See this post.

http://forum.cog-online.org/concours-14-zg1400-general-chat-and-tech/gtpp-36-month-extension-for-$339-updated-2232013/msg608876/#msg608876