Author Topic: Flashing Red Warning Light  (Read 2389 times)

Offline 1Coolbreeze

• 1Coolbreeze
  • Big Wheels
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Flashing Red Warning Light
« on: August 02, 2013, 04:46:25 pm »
I have a problem that has been addressed here but has never been solved. I was out  riding the other day and in rush to get into the bar to get a cold one, I killed the bike with the kick stand instead of the switch and yes the blinker was also on. When I came back out and tried to start the bike the battery wasn't dead just turning over slow. There was a little slope to the road so I bump started the bike. It started right up and ran fine the thirty miles to the house. When I got back home I noticed the red warning light was flashing. I have rode the bike a couple of times since then and the red light always return after I cut the bike off, not while I'm riding. I have tried to reset  the fault that's not a fault by holding the two buttons for longer than two seconds. All I get is the language screen. The bike is an 09 ABS.  I talked to one of our COG brothers with and same problem and he said his light never did stop flashing. Any new ideas guys?

Offline Glenn

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 10332
  • Membership Level: Marketing Officer
Re: Flashing Red Warning Light
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 05:00:45 pm »
It's normal.  The red light always flashes when you shut the bike off.  It goes away after 24 hours without starting. 

Offline 1Coolbreeze

• 1Coolbreeze
  • Big Wheels
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 05:18:09 pm »
I've heard that but mine never did. It just now started, 6800 miles.

Offline Roger M.

• Crotch Rocket
    • www.ratcycles.com
  • COG#: 8867
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 05:34:23 pm »
It's normal.  The red light always flashes when you shut the bike off.  It goes away after 24 hours without starting.

+1. I also own a 2009, I'm the original owner. The red light was flashing in the dealership while I was looking at the bike. Salesman told me it was an anti theft device. Not sure why it really flashes but mine has done it since brand new. Possible you just happened not to notice it before??

AMA#2993745

Now servicing all bikes. www.ratcycles.com

Offline wayne_jenkins_CT

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 8966
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 05:57:48 pm »
That light only comes on if you are cheating on your wife or girlfriend. BDF emails your wife to tell them what to look for so don't tell your wife or girlfriend about the light! He also sells a bypass kit to turn the light off.

Offline JeffP

• Jeff In NC
  • Scooter
  • COG#: 10856
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 06:04:12 pm »
That light only comes on if you are cheating on your wife or girlfriend. BDF emails your wife to tell them what to look for so don't tell your wife or girlfriend about the light! He also sells a bypass kit to turn the light off.

Good one man!  :great:
2008 Neutron Silver C14
2007 Honda CRF250R

Offline Glenn

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 10332
  • Membership Level: Marketing Officer
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 06:35:20 pm »

Was it expensive?  ;D

Offline BDF

• Iron Butt
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 06:47:22 pm »
There ya' go, fixed it up for ya' Wayne.

And I don't think anyone makes a kit that'll fix what ails you....

Good idea on the kit though, I think I will make it 'peel 'n stick' and it will say 3M on the inside. Guaranteed to last until the bike gets wet or double your money back. Well, not actually double your money back but for double the price, you get TWO genuine 'peel 'n stick' "Red light elimination kits".

Brian

That light only comes on if you are cheating on your wife AND girlfriend AND you don't shift properly by using the clutch. BDF emails your wife to tell them what to look for so don't tell your wife or girlfriend about the light! He also sells a bypass kit to turn the light off.
KiPass keeping you up at night? Has the low fuel warning burned your retinas? Find peace, harmony and the answer to these problems. www.incontrolne.com

Offline TimR

• Global Moderator
  • Iron Butt
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 9032
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 07:12:16 pm »
Dave, it could be your flashing red light had been turned off. The procedure is in the OM using the dash buttons. It could be your low battery reset the flashing red and is the reason it now flashes. If it bothers you, you can always turn it back off. Tim
Blue 1975 Z1B 900, Red 09 C14     I might not be perfect but at least I don't ride a Suzuki

Offline CW

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2013, 09:54:12 pm »
I have a similar blinking red light on my F-150...some sort of theft-deterrent, maybe?
2010 Neptune blue C-14
2009 KLR
2103 DR-Z400S

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 9735
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2013, 09:55:09 pm »

:D :D :D
BAD A$$ isn't cheap, and cheap isn't BAD A$$...

Offline cklamer

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 10495
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 11:08:40 pm »
You are supposed to be able to reset that somehow when you turn the bike off before the () goes away push the two buttons on the dash in and then release.
Not exactly sure that is the exact way but it should be close.

Offline Jay

• Scooter
  • AREA: Southwest Area
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2013, 07:37:15 pm »
Check this post:

Blinking light on dash
http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,31090.0.html

Specifically Replys #23 & #25.

Note: "Warning Indicator Light flashing mode"