Author Topic: Found key blanks  (Read 277 times)

Offline Deepsea

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 10376
  • Membership Level: Active
Found key blanks
« on: September 07, 2017, 11:09:12 pm »
I was at my local Ace Hardware and found the blanks for both the A and B keys. The a key is an Ilco X258 listed as Kawasaki. The B key was an Ilco YH47 listed as Yamaha. The B key is slightly longer but that was not a problem for them to match and cut.
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1, Honda CB-650, C-14
El Mirage Record Holder A-BG 3000cc 11/83 184.049 mph  CDA#0438
(twin engine, twin turbo, Z-1)
Retired Navy Saturation Diver

Offline Road Runner

• Bicycle
  • Beep! Beep! ... yeeHa!
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 12399
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Found key blanks
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 02:08:52 am »
I was at my local Ace Hardware and found the blanks for both the A and B keys. The a key is an Ilco X258 listed as Kawasaki. The B key was an Ilco YH47 listed as Yamaha. The B key is slightly longer but that was not a problem for them to match and cut.

Yes, this has been discussed / shared in the recent past ... but guess a good reminder. Not all Ace Hardware stores carry them as I learned but taking the Ilco codes to your local locksmith works too. thanks.
David L. Hamil
Athens/Decatur/Huntsvile, AL area
'13 ZG1400 "Metallic Spark Black"

Offline Jerdurr

• Scooter
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: Found key blanks
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 01:19:30 pm »
In case it works for you, I had a locksmith cut 3 spare keys (see the video to see how the key looks), and he even cloned the chip.

Here's the post where you can see the key I posted: http://forum.cog-online.org/concours-14-zg1400-general-chat-and-tech/auxiliary-fob-issue-can't-program-it-even-with-the-code!/msg592637/#msg592637
Best,

JD

--Harley Davidson is king when it comes to turning gas into smoke, without the outcome of power--