Author Topic: Random C14 Saddlebag - Free to Me - What Would You Do With It?  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Fais

• It's amazing what one can accomplish if it doesn't matter who gets the credit.
  • Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Long story short: A guy says 'I think I have one of those things like on the side of your bike and you can have it'. We go around to the bed of a junked Ford truck, fold back the tarp, and there is a scratched up, solid C14 bag. Driver's side. No key. '08 Silver - unless it's '11 silver I am way colorblind.

Luckily I had a pair of ROK straps and off I went with it. Made the guy happy - heck, made me happy. But . . . have a key made? Mount it to the KLR? Use it as a Kawi lover's briefcase?! Bluetooth speaker cooler?! Anyone need it?

1976 BMW R90S (Luna) - 2000 KLR650 (Dirt McGirt) - 2005 SV1000 (Sue) - 2006 Vespa PX150 (Vino Negro) - 2014 C14 (Betty) - 2017 Z125Pro (MiniZ)
Whether you think you can or can't - you're right!
Instagram @ fais_the_photographer

Offline JavierGarcia

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
Re: Random C14 Saddlebag - Free to Me - What Would You Do With It?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 09:55:31 pm »
It is too asymmetric to work well as a trunk case. If you can get a key made for it you could use it to experiment cutting the lid to make a narrower side case (i.e., what Cobin does for a lot of $$). Of course you will need to get of also for the right side, get them painted, etc.

Otherwise the cooler idea sounds good  :beerchug:

Offline NYbiomed

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 11887
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 10:01:41 pm »
It is too asymmetric to work well as a trunk case. If you can get a key made for it you could use it to experiment cutting the lid to make a narrower side case (i.e., what Cobin does for a lot of $$). Of course you will need to get of also for the right side, get them painted, etc.

Otherwise the cooler idea sounds good  :beerchug:

I'd heard Corbin does, I'd love a second set that was 3" narrower on each side....of course they would make the rear canyon cages look even more stupid.  :(
2002 Honda VTR1000F SuperHawk
2009 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS
1999 Suzuki Katana 750   1993 Yamaha Seca II
1990 Kawasaki EX500      1983 Honda CB1000 Custom

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• GOLD STAR
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 10:07:44 pm »
I go the opposite way on them, when I get back to work, and can grab some blems for a good price, I will be making them deeper / wider by 4" per side...I like fatassedgirlz.. and the extra capacity of a 4" adder, would really be awesome...

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline SilverConnieRider

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 11953
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 10:10:58 pm »
Just so you know - it looks like an 08 bag as it has black on the bottom and the 2011's where (are) all silver.

Great find.

I would (if it was mine) paint it to match your bike and then make a cooler? or put speakers in it so you could be the life of the party
where ever you go.   ;D

If you think you might have to go into bad neighborhoods then leave it as it and mount it before you go into a bad hood.
Then maybe no one would look at your bike as a bike they might like to steal. :motonoises:

So you have choices - of course you could paint it up with flowers and such stuff for when your girlfriend rides with you - It might make her feel special.  ;D

Offline Fais

• It's amazing what one can accomplish if it doesn't matter who gets the credit.
  • Sport Tourer
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 10:43:32 pm »
Nice ideas - MOB - you are wun uv a kine Bro :great: I've practiced some drumming on it. Might have to mount a cymbal and snare. If you see this bag at Helen help yourself to a beer or some Jack Fire  :beerchug:

Karl - Here's how I made her feel special today. Picked her up from the ferry on Betty ;) Hot to see her put on the kevlar leggins under her dress and hop on back. #onelesscar lol

1976 BMW R90S (Luna) - 2000 KLR650 (Dirt McGirt) - 2005 SV1000 (Sue) - 2006 Vespa PX150 (Vino Negro) - 2014 C14 (Betty) - 2017 Z125Pro (MiniZ)

Offline SilverConnieRider

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 11953
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 02:09:18 am »
Hey Fais, are you trying to get another ticket?  YOU parked OVER the line.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Didn't you see the BIG "STOP" painted on the road.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Nice to see that you could get out riding.  I don't even have my bike out of storage yet.  Windshields in the 30's today - while standing still.   :banghead: :banghead:

We are looking at frost tonight (or tomorrow morning) and it has been snowing (Yes in May) just a little North of me.  HURRY UP SUMMER. :great:

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• GOLD STAR
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 04:16:27 am »
Nice ideas - MOB - you are wun uv a kine Bro :great: I've practiced some drumming on it. Might have to mount a cymbal and snare. If you see this bag at Helen help yourself to a beer or some Jack Fire  :beerchug:

Karl - Here's how I made her feel special today. Picked her up from the ferry on Betty ;) Hot to see her put on the kevlar leggins under her dress and hop on back. #onelesscar lol

hey brother, be safe up there in NY...
its a nice place to visit, but I couldn't live there.... but then I could never live in Fla either.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :beerchug: :beerchug: :great:

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline Fais

• Sport Tourer
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2016, 04:57:29 pm »
^^^^  :beerchug: MOB - I appreciate it  :great:

I'll be mounting a blue tooth speaker - drilling a drain hole for melting ice and adding a snare and jingle:)

It's meant to be  :great: