Author Topic: Fuse blown Question  (Read 155 times)

Offline JerBear

• Scooter
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 12777
  • Membership Level: Active
Fuse blown Question
« on: November 04, 2018, 12:24:00 am »
I'm getting the bike ready for its winter sleep so I take it out to fill up the tank and get Sta-bil in it. I bring it in and change the oil/filter and diff-fluid. upon refilling I start it up and run it to get the oil to level so I let it keep running until the filter is full and walk out of the garage to do something else and when I get back the temp gauge is at four bars and that is when the fan generally kick in.  I am surprised so I let it continue until the display raises and eventually starts to flash Temp Hot and the fans never do kick on.  I shut it off and start to check the fuses, the fan fuse is blown?  I checked the fans for movement, they both spin freely and there is coolant to the proper level.

What could have caused a fuse to snap? Should I be concerned? i replaced the fuse and the fans come on at the correct former start temp but I don't want the fuse to blow again due to an issue I just ignore.

08 C14 Non-ABS with 40K on the clock FWIW
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline IBAJIM

• Tricycle
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: Fuse blown Question
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 12:27:45 pm »
Not much you can do at this point.  The only thing I can think of is measure the resistance of both fans and see if there is a big difference between the two.  If they are comparable, the only thing you can do is wait to see if the fuse blows again.

Maybe the fuse was in someway defective.