Author Topic: Future of GTR in doubt...  (Read 2396 times)

Offline Jacquelyn

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: Future of GTR in doubt...
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2018, 07:42:49 pm »
Maybe it's the change in my location (now living in San Diego, was located in Illinois), but my C14 is starting to feel a little dated and bloated for my needs. In fairness, any ST bike would probably feel bloated to a varying degree.

So many tight technical roads out here where in many cases, the pavement is really rough. Ridden at a brisk pace, and trying to keep up with friends on BMW GS's, my C14 is just out of it's element in these conditions. I'm able to keep up with them when I ride my R12RS, so it's not me, it's just the physics, and probably the stock suspension and OEM tires to some degree.

The only reason I mention this is the popularity of "adventure" bikes and the lagging sales of ST bikes in general. I can say from a rational perspective that I really do not need a 650lb bike anymore. An adventure bike would probably work better as an all rounder.

If I went to a new GS, I'd save about 100lbs, get a nicer suspension, roomier ergos, and better handling. Still a decent 2 -up bike for the occasions the mrs. wants to tag along. Plus I really would not need my R12RS anymore, so I could go down to 1 bike.

Anyway - that's probably a somewhat popular editorial on ST market for the current times.           

Offline mattchewn

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2018, 11:49:46 pm »
So,
Kawi takes a great ST bike and makes it lighter, better looking, (arguably), gives it cruise control, and light years better suspension, and now you still complain. Why am I not surprised? :017:
2018 H2 SXSE.  (FAT SXSE)
2011 GSX1250 FA
2009 Ninja 500R. (wifes')
2001 Bandit 650  (kids')

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2018, 12:39:07 am »

it ain't a 'cross country tour comfy bike

The ergo's on the H2 Sexy are actually quite good Rich, rake diff between C14 and H2 Sexy are 24 vs 26, not much at all, add some bar risers if you choose and ride!  :motonoises:  :great:

I hear ya Jay, I'm not dissing the 'ergo's; i.e. reach and body angle, I always loved the C14's, and still never would change by adding risers/pullbacks, etc.,

it's that silly seat, or what they call a seat. I can't see running thru 3 tankfull's of fuel, in a day stopping only to fill up, without great pain... pain in the .... place that was sitting on that wooden 2 x 4 they call a touring oriented seat. I never opted for an aftermarket seat on my C14... it was/still is "ok" for me, and I've done many 3 full tank days,...but it seems everyone else finds them painful or uncomfortable; go figure.. (how many seats did you try/buy for the plush C14 Jay?)...  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
My wife's comfort is directly related to my comfort also, when I get kidney punches because I'm doing triple digit speeds, or simply because I didn't stop for a break when I promised I would, well... I pay the price. Mind you, my wife actually sleeps on long freeway trips, and has actually slept thru a full tank, only to wake up when I was pulling off and entering our next fuel stop.  I don't think that would ever happen on the SX.

it's all good tho, you young'ns can buy them up, and ride them, maybe I'll buy a used one when the wife makes you sell it... and you buy a new (G)OldWing.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline gilbysan

• Mini Bike
  • Ride Like the Wind!
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 12764
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2018, 05:22:18 pm »
Coggers -

Anyone noted the paint scheme on the '19 C14?  A bit "different."  Different meaning in this case, strange...
And if anyone consulted with Kaw about the paint, forgive me, or maybe, what were you/they thinking?
But then, who am I to judge?
Cheers and Merry Christmas!
Gilbysan

gilbysan

β€œIn theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.” – Yogi Berra