Author Topic: Glass mat battery  (Read 4356 times)

Offline ddtmoto

• Road Bike
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: Glass mat battery
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2012, 12:43:41 am »
I use a couple of battery tenders rotated thru my batteries. The last two I replaced lasted 10 and eleven years. Both Yuasa brand units.
04 GSXR1000
97 TLS1000
01 DRZ400E
09 Black on black ZG14...

Offline MotoTourist

• Big Wheels
  • "Wherever you go, there you are."
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Batteries & Bulbs 12V main battery - not good fit for Connnie
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2019, 02:22:05 am »
I was in a hurry to replace my 5-year-old original battery (Furukawa FTZ14-BS) in my 2014 Concours and believed the salesman at the local Batteries & Bulbs store that their  recommended Extreme XTA14AH-BS was electrically and mechanically equivalent to the original. NOT. It is considerably taller and took a lot of futzing to sort of fit. It works fine, but I really am unhappy with it and will probably replace it with one that fits.
2014 Concours 14 black, BMW R80RT, 2000 BMW K1200LT, (1976, 1980, 1984) GoldWings, Honda750, Honda 450,Honda 305 Dream,German Triumph (TWN) "Boss" 350
[IMG]http:///www.cryptnet.org/moto/triplog.jpg/img]

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Batteries & Bulbs 12V main battery - not good fit for Connnie
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2019, 07:07:40 pm »
I was in a hurry to replace my 5-year-old original battery (Furukawa FTZ14-BS) in my 2014 Concours and believed the salesman at the local Batteries & Bulbs store that their  recommended Extreme XTA14AH-BS was electrically and mechanically equivalent to the original. NOT. It is considerably taller and took a lot of futzing to sort of fit. It works fine, but I really am unhappy with it and will probably replace it with one that fits.

there have been a few "size" issues lately, pays to measure before you buy, and compare....  the counter guy should have given you a YTX series, not an XTA or ATX.... too tall
and as most "walk in purchases" charge a "core charge", having the batt in hand, that can be set right next to the new one, makes it easy, and saves a trip back/money...
read this also... as it was kinda related...  Physical size matters... (eaasy boys....) ( haven't heard that one in a while...) :rotflmao:
http://forum.cog-online.org/concours-14-zg1400-general-chat-and-tech/16ah-series-battery-will-it-fit-a-c-14/msg666100/#msg666100

« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 07:19:18 pm by MAN OF BLUES »

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline Road Runner

• Street Cruiser
  • Beep! Beep! ... YeeHa!
    • 2 Hearts for Integrity Ministries
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 12399
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Batteries & Bulbs 12V main battery - not good fit for Connnie
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2019, 07:27:12 pm »

there have been a few "size" issues lately, pays to measure before you buy, and compare....  the counter guy should have given you a YTX series, not an XTA or ATX.... too tall
and as most "walk in purchases" charge a "core charge", having the batt in hand, that can be set right next to the new one, makes it easy, and saves a trip back/money...
read this also... as it was kinda related...  Physical size matters... (eaasy boys....) ( haven't heard that one in a while...) :rotflmao:
http://forum.cog-online.org/concours-14-zg1400-general-chat-and-tech/16ah-series-battery-will-it-fit-a-c-14/msg666100/#msg666100

Great info., for future reference. As alway MOB, thanks for sharing ...
David L. Hamil
Athens/Decatur/Huntsvile, AL area
'13 ZG1400 "Metallic Spark Black"