Author Topic: Going to pick up my NEW 2014 Concours 14 this weekend  (Read 1329 times)

Offline TimR

• Global Moderator
  • Iron Butt
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 9032
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Re: Going to pick up my NEW 2014 Concours 14 this weekend
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2017, 11:37:28 pm »
Beautiful day for a Saturday on the east side. Yesterday was nice too so I took the red 09 to Wenatchee and back cleaning off some cob webs.

Hopefully Joe is someplace this side of MT with a C14. 
Blue 1975 Z1B 900, Red 09 C14     I might not be perfect but at least I don't ride a Suzuki

Offline Joe

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2017, 06:29:07 pm »
Finally picked it up. I brought everything I needed to ride, haul or tow it. Unfortunately my wife forgot her purse - so the piolet for the chase vehicle did not have the appropriate docs. We hauled it back.
I tried to strap it down with soft ties connected to the triple trees, but the anchors in the bed put the straps at angles that would allow the straps to come in contact with the faring. The shop owner suggested using this -  https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/canyon-dancer-bar-harness-ii . Worked really well, the distributed load made me feel at ease. Also, I strapped the passenger peg mounts to the rear anchors. This allowed me to lower the tension on the bars. The 350 mile trip home was very uneventful and unloading went smoothly.
Rode about 150 miles so far - rides fantastic, braking is a little weird, but I'm getting used to it. Farkeling starts tonight......

Offline connie_rider

• OtP {assistant} Slave Labor
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 4154
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2017, 01:40:27 am »
Joe, the weird braking is the feeling from the linked brakes.
Teach Force yourself to use only the front brake lever.
         Problem solved!!

I see you got a 2014 in the same color as mine. GREAT CHOICE!!!

Ride safe, Ted
14 Connie (Traveler II)
03 Connie (Buddy)

To contribute to "OtP", (Chg. Card or paypal)  Click Here
(For Paypal) send to treasurer@cog-online.org

Offline seagiant1

• Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 11323
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2017, 01:52:56 am »
Hi,
        Congrats! ;D

You're gonna love it! :beerchug:

These bikes are great for making it "your way"!!! :great:
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it"
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Offline Upstate Pete

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2017, 02:14:05 am »
Wow, brings back the day I picked up my 2012. I think the manual says something like "keep it below 6000 and 1/2 throttle for like 300 miles". I'm sure that's not exactly correct, but I'm sure of one thing. Unless your a Maniac, your not going to hurt one of these on public roads. Even driving briskly. These are detuned ZX 14's. They are built to handle 200HP! The paltry 130 to 140 were given barely strains it at all. Besides, if you rev one of these to redline beyond second gear your well over 100MPH.
Enjoy the Connie.
You take of her and she'll take of you. Also, stay away from of high pressure car washes.

Offline Upstate Pete

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2017, 02:25:31 am »
Also, be carful not to tie down to the case aluminum handlebar risers or handlebar ends. I hear they have a tendency to snap off.