Author Topic: GTPP 36 month extension for $339....UPDATED 2/23/2013  (Read 151506 times)

Offline Colinr3rd

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: GTPP 36 month extension for $339....
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2011, 06:46:00 pm »
Can i get this even though I am Stationed in Puerto Rico active duty? ???

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2011, 09:25:20 pm »
Can i get this even though I am Stationed in Puerto Rico active duty? ???

IF you are giving a mailing address in the USA that is not in Florida, and the BIKE is in the USA, and was purchased in the USA, I can't see why not, but if you answer no to any of those I'd say you are out of luck.

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW

Offline ahstabyby

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 9236
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2011, 04:27:01 am »
How long is this offer good with Pete?  Do you actually get a confirmation on the GTPP in hard copy?

Ahstabyby

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2011, 08:44:14 pm »
How long is this offer good with Pete?  Do you actually get a confirmation on the GTPP in hard copy?

Ahstabyby

i believe it is noted in post #1
yes, you will recieve a receipt, and formal GTPP documents showing term  in the mail within a week of completing the transaction with Pete.
He will be doing this as long as he can, has been doing it for us for about 2 years, and untill he gets tired of doing it he will continue.
He isn't making big profit on the sale so to speak, but it does place him higher on the Kaw list of "good dealers" within the company, which i believe is his motivation.

Offline Redbraid

• Big Wheels
  • COG#: 8810
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2011, 12:48:12 am »
Recieved that tempting $627 for 3 years offer in the mail. Talked to Pete directly, followed the instructions online, got charged exactly $339 and am now holding my 3 year GTPP.
Thanks again. :)

Offline wally_games

• Moped
  • AREA: South Central Area
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2011, 04:26:52 pm »
Just so I'm clear: This is an extension of an additional three years to the three year factory warranty? Purchasing it will give you a six year warranty?

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2011, 08:41:48 pm »
Just so I'm clear: This is an extension of an additional three years to the three year factory warranty? Purchasing it will give you a six year warranty?
That is correct, it can be purchased any time prior to your factory 36 month expiring, but you need to know when it really will expire before you decide to wait till the last minute.
Also consider that kawasaki, and or any dealers selling the GTPP can raise the price at any time....best to get it before it goes up.

Offline Tulsa Outlaw

• Big Wheels
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2011, 12:31:02 pm »
I just purchased my 08' with 922 miles on it in Las Vegas in May and paid way to much for an aftermarket warranty. Does anyone know of a different warranty company to use other than RPM One. I would like to take advantage of the factory extension, but i don't think the factory warranty was still in effect when I bought my unit. Is there someone trustworthy to contact to check into the factory warranty. Our dealers here in Tulsa Oklahoma don't even do all the proper warranty maintenance that is required under the warranty policy!! Can't trust them out here in this neck of the woods. Any info would be great!  :)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2011, 08:35:12 pm »
any reputable Kawasaki dealer can plug the vin into thier system and tell you purchase date to find out if the original warranty is expired. If it is not, you can still contact the dealership I noted in this post for the extension.  I suppose you could even call Pete (the number is in the first post) and even ask him....he's a friendly person, and if he was going to sell you an extension, he would check for you....

Offline jasonc32amg

• Training Wheels
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2011, 03:05:20 am »
any reputable Kawasaki dealer can plug the vin into thier system and tell you purchase date to find out if the original warranty is expired. If it is not, you can still contact the dealership I noted in this post for the extension.  I suppose you could even call Pete (the number is in the first post) and even ask him....he's a friendly person, and if he was going to sell you an extension, he would check for you....

You can also plug the VIN in yourself via the Kawasaki website and get that information.
2009 GTR1400 Red

The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 7134
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2011, 09:55:40 am »

You can also plug the VIN in yourself via the Kawasaki website and get that information.

I didn't know that! I guess you do learn something new every day!  :)

Offline laker9142

• Moped
  • COG#: 8680
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2011, 03:30:42 pm »
Thanks MOB for setting this up. I emailed Pete on 6/23/11. got my receipt for $339, in the mail from Ultimate Cycle on 6/25, and documentation from Kawasaki on 7/5. Couldn't have been any easier.

Offline flying wasp

• Training Wheels
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2011, 05:57:22 pm »
While on the Kawasaki website, make sure you update the "new owner" info. You will have to provide them a copy of the bill of sale  or current state registration. They will accept it in snail mail,fax or scan and email.that way your name shows as the owner when you go to the dealer. Also updates thier system for customer mailings i.e. recalls.
Life is hard. It's even harder if you are stupid! Ride safe. Be seen!

Offline Lomexx

• Tricycle
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2011, 09:24:25 pm »
Just picked up my 09 connie today....is this GTPP offer still good for us owners or did I miss the cutoff date?

Offline skibi

• Tricycle
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2011, 06:33:14 pm »
Just picked up my 09 connie today....is this GTPP offer still good for us owners or did I miss the cutoff date?

Same question.....anybody???

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2011, 06:55:11 pm »
YES
as far as i know, Pete is still on board with the deal...
go back to the start, and follow the instructions as they are noted.....you will get the covereage.
Just get all the info together, send it to him and follow up with a phone call to him to verify/and or make payment.

Offline soonerone

• Moped
  • COG#: 8694
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2011, 08:16:48 pm »
Yes, Pete is still onboard with the extended warranty's.  I purchased one from him some 7-9 days ago, and everything with through without a hitch.. Thanks MOB (and Pete) for making this happen.
"Not a hard man to track..Leaves dead men wherever he goes."

Offline katt-daddi

• Big Wheels
  • COG#: 9617
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2011, 02:04:35 pm »
Called the Dealer I bought my bike from in Fort Worth, Texas (Honda Kawasaki West) and asked if they would match this price and they said yes.  Also, they noted I could get a four year deal with the same coverage and road side assistance for around $450. The four year is an outside vender.  Just call your dealer and note that your a member of COG and let them know about this great deal. Mine did not think twice about matching.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2011, 05:46:53 pm »
Called the Dealer I bought my bike from in Fort Worth, Texas (Honda Kawasaki West) and asked if they would match this price and they said yes.  Also, they noted I could get a four year deal with the same coverage and road side assistance for around $450. The four year is an outside vender.  Just call your dealer and note that your a member of COG and let them know about this great deal. Mine did not think twice about matching.

Extended warranty sales by third party companies is on the rise, i caution people about the thing you have brought up here, this supposed 4 year with added roadside assistance.... it may sound good, but tryig to get Kawasaki to honor it in the same way they honor thier specific and internal corporate extension may be a problem...you never know till you try to use it, and then....?
Did you actually purchase that program? if so, please share the details of it with us all here when you get the paperwork from them, the GTPP is the only plan Kawasaki offers, anything else is a gamble as to the extents of the coverage. GTPP on the C14 is only 36 months.
thanks for the heads up.

Offline dgn1960

• Big Wheels
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2011, 11:30:37 pm »
Sounds like a great deal on the 3 year extended warranty.   Just wondering if there's any dealer out there offering the same deal for us residents of Florida?

Thanks,
Dave

Offline katt-daddi

• Big Wheels
  • COG#: 9617
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2011, 12:49:04 am »
Went to "Honda Kawasaki West " in Fort Worth, TX and purchased my extended 3 year for $ 339.00.  No hassle at all. Ask for Cody and he will take care of you.

Offline 911ZG guy

• Training Wheels
  • COG#: 8019
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2011, 06:48:23 am »
 Thanks for the heads-up on this. I was able to get the same price for my GTPP at Kawasaki Sports Center in Little Rock AR. The owner was not too happy that I knew of the discounted price, and he told the salesman that his normal commission would not apply, but he sold me the plan. He also indicated that $55 is better than zero $, so- do the math. The plan evidently costs the dealer $284. I personally think that $55 is a reasonable profit for the dealer-they have no money invested in the product.

Offline Ken

• Training Wheels
  • COG#: 8946
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2011, 09:35:06 pm »
Thanks Rich for letting everyone know about this.  The original warranty on my 2009 was due to expire next April and Pete at Ultimate Cycle hooked me up as you stated.  ;)
Ken
2009 C14 (Black)
2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8

Offline simbad

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Southwest Area
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2011, 10:55:30 am »
Shame this is not available in the UK ... dealers wants £350 which comes in at $538  >:(  - and that's only for 2 years extra!

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2011, 03:49:56 pm »
Thanks for the heads-up on this. I was able to get the same price for my GTPP at Kawasaki Sports Center in Little Rock AR. The owner was not too happy that I knew of the discounted price, and he told the salesman that his normal commission would not apply, but he sold me the plan. He also indicated that $55 is better than zero $, so- do the math. The plan evidently costs the dealer $284. I personally think that $55 is a reasonable profit for the dealer-they have no money invested in the product.

interesting, and I'm glad you got a good deal also.
I have spoken with Pete on the warrenty, and seeing as he is the dealership owner, he would not reveal the "actual cost to the dealer", which I had no problem with when he met the best price i could find online, and still continues to do so. As he is the direct contact for the issuance of the paperwork in the deal, he has no problem with selling them low, and it all boils down to "total monthly sales" relating to satifying Big K, so he does not "pay" an employee to do the paperwork for it... when it all boils down, it's a 10 minute procedure to fill out the application and take payment....probably equivalent to anyone ordering a part at the parts counter....and that doesn't require further employee participation because it's all sent to you in the mail in a couple days.