Author Topic: GTPP 36 month extension for $339....UPDATED 2/23/2013  (Read 146260 times)

Online MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
  • Membership Level: Active
GTPP 36 month extension for $339....UPDATED 2/23/2013
« on: May 28, 2011, 08:04:28 pm »
updated: SEE http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,27046.msg189623.html#msg189623

UPDATED 2/23/2013
UPDATED INFO 2/23/2013

just got off the phone with Pete, and he would like to thank all of you for your devoted trust, and patronage.
You have helped him acheive the #8 spot in the U.S.A. Kawasaki dealerships...
Kudos to all!!! ;)

Pete asked me to stress that if you send him an e-mail with all your info, PLEASE LEAVE A NUMBER HE CAN CALL YOU BACK AT, so he can securely get your charge card # that is the fastest and most efficient method for purchasing the GTPP.
He applogised for some of the missed calls, but folks need to understand he is not always there to recieve a call, so the e-mail with a callback number is still the best way to accomplish this timely

Also, I need to update the info needed to:

"if you do not include payment info in your email, please list a day time
phone number that the dealership can call you to obtain the payment info"

Hows this for a screaming deal!!!  He will also offer this special to other
models from Kawasaki too for june and July ONLY!

Jump on this folks...
I think there is going to  be a price increase August 1st
.[/size]

follow the instructions:

$339.00 FROM MY FRIENDS AT ULTIMATE CYCLE:

"Hi  Rich,
Thanks for your help. Kawasaki will send out the gtpp policy and we will
send via us-mail the paid receipt showing purchase date of the product.

PRIOR TO CALLING: Here is what I need to know from each one via e-mail. Getting this
information over the phone causes too many mistakes. However, for those that
do not wish to transmit their credit cards electronically,
they may call in*** their cc # to 804-330-4800 and my extension is 110. ***  "

Email to:    sales(at)UltimateCycle(dot)NET 
 remove the (at) and (dot), and do symbols.....

*Registered Name:
*Address:
*City:
*State:
*Zip code:
*Phone:
*Year , make , model , color:
*VIN#:
*Current mileage:

***Credit card type - MC/Visa/Amex:
***Credit Card #:
***Expiration Date:
***Sec Code on back of card (front for Amex):

"if you do not include payment info in your email, please list a day time
phone number that the dealership can call you to obtain the payment info"

We will charge the $339.00 to their card and send the credit card receipt
and invoice to the listed address. We will electronically register the GTPP
which will take effect 10 days after we register. We do register daily, so
there is no delay at all.

Also, we will beat any deal on new Concours'
Thanks again,
Pete

these are my pals here in Richmond
Ultimate Cycle
8321 Midlothian Tpk.
Richmond, Va 23235

www.ultimateCycle.net

NOTE: THIS OFFER APPLIES TO OWNERS IN THE CONTINENTAL U.S.A. ONLY, AND EXCLUDES FLORIDA RESIDENTS BY FLORIDA LAW.

ALSO NOTE, THIS OFFER IS ONLY VALID WHEN PURCHASED OVER THE INTERNET, OR SPEAKING PERSONALLY TO PETE DANIALS DIRECTLY VIA TELEPHONE....

I have to admit, and with great sincerity to my club, all i did was contact my dealer and open a portal...
I have a great sense of ownership when a dealer steps up, and sticks his neck on the line, especially when he trusts my (past/current) position with the group... I can only thank him greatly, and assure him that his effort, and generosity to our group, will be returned tenfold in response by us as  a whole... that my friends is all I can do.
my desire to find an outlet that will give me what I consider an acceptable outlet for what we need, as a group, has been shared. grab it up, and best wishes to y'all, I hope to see you on the road...

oh yeah, if you are in the neighborhood, stop in there and thank Pete man to man, shake his hand, and introduce youself as a true COG'r..... that's what WE do...spread the word.
and again to coin a phrase I wrote a few times..."here's the free prize, in every box..."

note: I've had this posted on "the other site" for years, to compile a database of peoples and questions/answers, this was all lost in the transition, but I have retained much of it.
I'm posting it here now to make sure I can share this for as long as my pal Pete continues to offer it.... I believe at last count he has provided over 150 of us with this great price.
ref:
http://zggtr.org/index.php?topic=225.0

UPDATED 3/28/2012
I will add, In conversation today, Pete has specifically told me that IF you bought the bike NEW, and are THE ORIGINAL OWNER who ALREADY HAS a GTPP in effect, HE CAN and WILL be able to add additional time for the additional costs, another 36 months, but I think it is a few bucks more....still cheap.!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 03:53:39 pm by MAN OF BLUES »

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 7134
Re: GTPP 36 month extension for $339....
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 10:09:23 pm »
That's a great deal. Any C14 owner planning on keeping their bike past the OEM warranty should take advantage of this deal!

Offline jasonc32amg

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 11:48:22 pm »
That's a great deal. Any C14 owner planning on keeping their bike past the OEM warranty should take advantage of this deal!

Even if you don't it seems like it would add value for resale on the private market; especially on a complicated piece like the c14.
2009 GTR1400 Red

The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.

Offline Rusty

• Street Cruiser
  • Live to Ride, Ride to Live-2008 C14
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 9585
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 03:10:47 am »
Bought an extended warranty today for my 2008 Fast Silver C14. Great deal,peace of mind and is good for resale though not much chance for that! 8)

Offline Art

• Tricycle
  • COG#: 8098
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 11:47:34 am »
I bought into this last year and it's already paid for itself. I had my front rotors replaced under the GTPP just this last week.
Thanks to MOB for setting this deal up!

Offline Glenn

• Bicycle
  • 2011 Concours14, 1984 KZ1100R, 2008 KLR685
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 9602
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 10:36:52 pm »
Wow, this sounds just too good to pass up! What about us Northerner's? Are there any such deals available for Canadians? :c017:
"If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't."

Offline Andrew_Picard_LA

• Tricycle
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 8248
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 08:32:16 am »
Is it too late if the factory warranty is up?

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 05:16:08 pm »
Is it too late if the factory warranty is up?

Yes. The factory warranty must still be in effect to purchase an extended warranty.

Offline SuperBee

• Bicycle
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 07:58:24 pm »
Bought mine today...good for 6 now!  The dealer I bought my bike from wanted $899.  $339 was too good to pass by.  Great deal.  Thank you for posting this up.  Ride safe.

SB

Offline jasonc32amg

• Training Wheels
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 10:33:30 pm »
I couldn't take advantage of this deal but my dealer did sell me the additional three years for $440.
2009 GTR1400 Red

Offline none

• Bicycle
  • Teleskier
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 09:39:22 pm »
I am sure mine just paid for itself too since I had that final drive seal go bad on mine.

Offline jlw1829

• Big Wheels
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 10:41:10 am »

Well I thought I was satisfied with my purchase yesterday from Ultimate, but now I am a bit unhappy.  They charged me $385 for the extended warrenty (albeit still a good price for the warranty, but why charge me more!).  I am going to call them on Tuesday and see what they have to say.  Maybe I will get lucky and they will credit me the difference towards my 500-mile break-in service.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 11:04:45 am by jlw1829 »

Offline jasonc32amg

• Training Wheels
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 03:00:43 pm »

Well I thought I was satisfied with my purchase yesterday from Ultimate, but now I am a bit unhappy.  They charged me $385 for the extended warrenty (albeit still a good price for the warranty, but why charge me more!).  I am going to call them on Tuesday and see what they have to say.  Maybe I will get lucky and they will credit me the difference towards my 500-mile break-in service.

I wouldn't bust balls too much, that's still almost half of what KHI would charge and a quarter of what some dealers ask.
2009 GTR1400 Red

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 06:21:36 pm »

I wouldn't bust balls too much, that's still almost half of what KHI would charge and a quarter of what some dealers ask.

Yeah, my dealer was trying to give me a deal, and I still paid a little over $400!   :-[

Offline jlw1829

• Big Wheels
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2011, 06:33:36 pm »

Yeah, my dealer was trying to give me a deal, and I still paid a little over $400!   :-[

I know, but it just bugs me when dealers are not up front with what they charge.   Don't get me wrong, I am happy with the deal on my Connie, just a pet peeve of mine. 

Offline SuperBee

• Bicycle
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 08:33:36 pm »
Just looked at my account, $339 is all I was charged and just yesterday.  Sounds like a mistake on their part.  Reference me if you like.

SB
(Joe Barresi / Austin, TX)

Online MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2011, 09:06:54 pm »

I know, but it just bugs me when dealers are not up front with what they charge.   Don't get me wrong, I am happy with the deal on my Connie, just a pet peeve of mine.

BEFORE you start busting Pete's Balls here in public, you had better make a telephone call to him....
I have records of over 100 people purchasing this plan from Ultimate thru the old forum, and brought this deal over here to share... I know Pete personally, and worked with him to get this deal. He would not knowingly change up on me without letting me know, I have to assume you did not talk to him, YOU need to call and go over it before bashing him publicly....please.

Offline mako

• Big Wheels
  • COG#: 9625
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 01:36:03 pm »
 ^-^
<--newly registered member but have been following the forum intermittently since I purchased my 2008 Connie, new.
Finally have some time to take her out on a real trip and need to renew the GTPP before it expires at the end of July. I understand that Florida plays by its own rules and I wanted to ask whether this renewal offer applies here. [In particular, the price & coverage].

I'm pre-planning a ride to NY and could drop-into an out-of-state dealership (to renew) but would prefer the option listed above.

Also, I'd appreciate suggestions for best (magnetic) tankbag and a good (soft) tailbag for the luggage rack. [I'm using a Cortech at the moment but would like to "double-up" the back bags for tripping.

Thanks, in advance, and I'll look forward to participating in the forum.

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2011, 06:47:39 pm »
^-^
<--newly registered member but have been following the forum intermittently since I purchased my 2008 Connie, new.
Finally have some time to take her out on a real trip and need to renew the GTPP before it expires at the end of July. I understand that Florida plays by its own rules and I wanted to ask whether this renewal offer applies here. [In particular, the price & coverage].

I'm pre-planning a ride to NY and could drop-into an out-of-state dealership (to renew) but would prefer the option listed above.

Also, I'd appreciate suggestions for best (magnetic) tankbag and a good (soft) tailbag for the luggage rack. [I'm using a Cortech at the moment but would like to "double-up" the back bags for tripping.

I like the Chase Harper 650 magnetic tank bag. It fits the bike better than just about every magnetic tank bag I've seen. I also use a Bags Connection rear seat bag on my bike. Here's a picture with both the Chase Harper 650 tank bag and Bags Connection rear seat bag on my bike.

Offline jasonc32amg

• Training Wheels
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2011, 10:17:05 pm »
^-^

This offer is not available to us. However I purchased another three years through Sky Powersports in Lake Wales for $440 plus tax. That's still a better deal than going straight though KHI.
2009 GTR1400 Red

Offline jlw1829

• Big Wheels
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2011, 11:18:30 am »

BEFORE you start busting Pete's Balls here in public, you had better make a telephone call to him....
I have records of over 100 people purchasing this plan from Ultimate thru the old forum, and brought this deal over here to share... I know Pete personally, and worked with him to get this deal. He would not knowingly change up on me without letting me know, I have to assume you did not talk to him, YOU need to call and go over it before bashing him publicly....please.

Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing Ultimate, just was curious why he would not be up front with me during the sales.  Granted I worked with one of his salemen and not Pete directly, but I was told this was the deal that Pete was offering me.  I took the bike in yesterday for the 500-mile service and had a great experience.  Even on a last minute drop off, they were willing to get me in.  I asked my salesman to check with Pete and he said he would get back to me, as Pete was out yesterday.  I will update once I hear back.

Man of Blues, I am sending you a PM.  Thanks

Online MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2011, 04:41:07 pm »
p/m answered.
best of luck.

To everyone else,
 Please deal directly with PETE, by e-mail, or better yet, by phone if you have questions.
Do not deal with anyone else there, on the extended warranty, untill we get the 'misunderstanding' here cleared up.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 04:44:37 pm by MAN OF BLUES »

Offline jlw1829

• Big Wheels
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2011, 10:37:15 pm »
As requested, I am now ready to share my results regarding the extended warranty.  I spoke with Pete today and he stated there was nothing he would do for me.  He is only offering the deal if you come to him via email and follow "to the letter" the protocol listed, as this is an internet offer only for current owners of the bike.  He stated he would not offer the deal in his store due to overhead costs? 

Oh well, I am still happy with my bike and hopefully I never need the warranty but it is nice to know I have it just in case.  I am not posting this to warn people away from Ultimate Cycle, just be aware that you have to realize this is an internet forum only offer and you must follow instructions to the letter.  As it has been stated, many owners have benefited from this offer and I hope Pete continues to do the same in the future for others.  I am trying to remember the old adage, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all...

Online MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2011, 03:21:02 pm »
That makes sense to me, as he did go out on a limb making the offer for ONLINE purchase for us. He did open it further to include a "safer" alternative for giving the credit card payment discretely over the phone after all the data has been forwarded to him. I can't say anything bad, as he is doing the "filing work" himself, and therefore CAN give a lessor price, than if he had to have an employee (on a payroll) do the work...
it was all outlined, and I did not realize initially that you went in the store to purchase this.

It's no different then the way Virginia has gone when you want to get license plates renewed these days, if you go into the bureau for purchase, you pay a higher price than you do when you purchase online.... I guess the "puter-age" is coming full circle.

Offline Dano

• Scooter
  • COG#: 9627
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2011, 04:08:50 pm »
Bought mine today...good for 6 now!  The dealer I bought my bike from wanted $899.  $339 was too good to pass by.  Great deal.  Thank you for posting this up.  Ride safe.

SB

You have to watch out for prices you pay for extended warrantys, protection packages and in house financing.
I was in car sales years ago and both the dealer and the salesman make more money on the add ins than on the sale of a new vehicle.
doubleing the price on warranty packages is common and adding 1% to the finance rate goes straight into the dealers pocket. As a salesman I could make more on the deal on the post sale stuff than the sale itself.
Don’t be shocked just don't let them nail ya.
Dano59 COG#9627 CDA#0358
Charleston, Illinois
92 Concours (93 Color for some reason)
www.jacksonavenuecoffee.com
www.harpart.webs.com