Author Topic: GTPP 36 month extension for $339....UPDATED 2/23/2013  (Read 145977 times)

Offline goodquest

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 9906
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
Re: GTPP 36 month extension for $339....
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2011, 08:26:37 pm »
I asked my local dealer (good times motorsports Sacramento ) and they could not match the price, they told me
$339.00 was there cost. So I just put a call in to Pete.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 09:12:22 pm by goodquest »
ABC for COG.

Offline 911ZG guy

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 8019
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2011, 08:32:34 pm »
I asked my local dealer (good times motorsports Sacramento ) and they could not match the price, they told me
$339.00 was there cost. So I just put at call in to Pete.

I can respect a dealer for admitting that he has to make a profit, and that he cannot match the price, but this thread proves to me that the above mentioned dealer is being less than honest about pricing on the GTPP. (Re-read my earlier post on this thread for my evidence of the cost of the GTPP. I know, I know - it is anecdotal evidence to everyone else, but I did this deal myself, so I know what I heard from my dealer, and at $339, he said that he was making $55.

Offline goodquest

• Tricycle
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2011, 09:25:19 pm »
Yes, I read your post and knew the dealer was less than honest, If the dealer had been upfront and
And said I can’t do it for $339.00, but I can for $369.00, I would have paid the extra just to help
Out a local dealer.

Thanks for the information.
ABC for COG.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2011, 03:42:31 pm »
.....The owner was not too happy that I knew of the discounted price, and he told the salesman that his normal commission would not apply, but he sold me the plan. He also indicated that $55 is better than zero $, so- do the math. The plan evidently costs the dealer $284.......

$339.00 was there cost. So I just put at call in to Pete.

I can respect a dealer for admitting that he has to make a profit, and that he cannot match the price, but this thread proves to me that the above mentioned dealer is being less than honest about pricing on the GTPP. (Re-read my earlier post on this thread for my evidence of the cost of the GTPP. I know, I know - it is anecdotal evidence to everyone else, but I did this deal myself, so I know what I heard from my dealer, and at $339, he said that he was making $55.

when I got Pete to commit to a $339 price for everyone that contacts him, he did not reveal any ACTUAL costs, and frankly I have no problem with that, I expect that NO dealer would, or should for that matter...it would only serve to besmirch the fact someone is selling low.
I would question his intent for telling a price on that basis, and even though he met the price, you are still dealing with the assumption of what he told you...unless he showed you his price book.
It's all good, don't get me wrong, the true mark we need to make clear here is "how many dealers will continue to sell the plan to anyone calling in (with exception of restricted states, Florida to be specific) , and hold true to his word for over 3 years without exception"...?
I have no problem with the price Pete holds true on, and do not care that he may be making a simple and small profit margin.... no matter what, his price holds true, and has for a long time, the sign of a dedicated and honest dealer.
thanks for sharing, :beerchug:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 03:45:12 pm by MAN OF BLUES »

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW

Offline Skin Dr

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2011, 12:14:13 pm »
I told my dealer about this deal, and they literally got offended.  Seems they make a good deal off of the actually warranty sale, and they barely break even doing warranty repair work.  I think they were unhappy with another dealer selling them at 30 bucks over cost and his dealership not haveing to do the warranty work except for the ones sold in their area.

I like the guys at my local shop, and want them to do well, so I am torn on the issue.  They may not make much on the warranty work (which may never even happen), but they will (and do) get plenty out of me for accessories and maintence.  So it really shouldn't "hurt" them minus the $$$ they intended to make on the Warranty itself...
Laughter is the oil that reduces the friction of life.

Current Bike: 2010 Concours 14 ABS

Previous Bikes: 08 Ninja 650r (The Green Machine)
06 Ninja 500r

Offline AshvilleOhio

• Big Wheels
  • COG#: 9905
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2011, 01:16:55 pm »
What a great deal!  Thanks for offering it.  My 2012 is on order ... I hope the deal lasts until it comes in.

Offline Front Runner

• Tricycle
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2011, 11:16:00 pm »
Is this deal still on? I'm very interested.
Bikeless

2011 Kawasaki Concours 14 - Sold

Offline TimR

• Global Moderator
  • Iron Butt
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 9032
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2011, 10:05:08 pm »
I thought I would pass on the deal for the extended warranty for $339.00 is still a go and it’s painless. I got in the mail today the paperwork from Kawasaki stating my Good Times Protection Plan expires 12/12/14. Thanks MOB and Pete for a good deal and the hard work to give us a little more time to warp those rotor’s. Just kidding, but still a heart felt thanks. 

So yes Front Runner, the deal is still on. Just follow MOB's instructions.  ;) By the way, it seems when ever I lead the group, I'm the front runner. heh, heh  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 10:11:00 pm by TimR »
Blue 1975 Z1B 900, Red 09 C14     I might not be perfect but at least I don't ride a Suzuki

Offline chamberlincalls

• Bicycle
  • COG#: 9534
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2012, 02:54:34 pm »
Just wanted to pass this on,  my '08 factory warranty expired in 2010, prior owner bought a two year extended warranty that would have expired in July 2012.  I called Pete to see about purchasing just the third year of the extended warranty.  He let me know he could sell me a three year extension of the GTPP  for the quoted $339 price.  Got the paper work back from Kawasaki and now my '08 has factory warranty until July 2015. 

Offline Front Runner

• Tricycle
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2012, 11:56:42 pm »
Spoke with Pete and ordered the 36 month GTPP. Received my paperwork two days ago. Now I've got warranty until December 2017!
Bikeless

2011 Kawasaki Concours 14 - Sold

Offline CalBoy

• Scooter
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2012, 06:10:37 am »
Picked up my Concours14  a couple of days ago. It's an '08 and obviously is out of warranty. The dealership told me I could get a 2 year warranty thru Kawasaki for $680.00, then I came here and read about the possibility, even if the bike is no longer under factory warranty, of getting a three year GTPP for about the same amount, maybe a bit more. Got Pete's number and I'll give him a call on Monday to see if there's any truth to that. I hope it is...
Nobody knows who I am or what I do. Not even I.

Don Juan Matus
Carlos Castaneda, Journey to Ixtlan

Offline dbvolfan1

• Training Wheels
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2012, 11:57:20 pm »
So I extended my original warranty in this $339 deal.  Thanks!

That said, my 2008 was in for warranty work and a valve check this week and Kawi was offering to extend my GTPP warranty for 1 yr @$218, 2 yr @$265 or 3 yrs @$302.
Only applies to those already in the GTTP program.  The printout in the message section mentions a GTPP renewal program for existing members with the prices above @50% off 'retail'

Anyone ever seen this before?  My dealer hadn't seen it before but it's on the K-Dealer.com webpage they print up to check for messages, recall bulletins, warranty claim history, etc....  Gave me a copy of it and its clearly a dealer page to track info on your bike.  Unfortunately no key code on file for my bike which I bought used with 3k miles on it  :(

I am shocked that I could cover my bike for a total of 9 yrs for a total of $641 because I ride the snot out of it.  20k miles per year or more would make this a no brainer since the original GTPP program has more than paid for itself already (2 new rotors, TPMS, Valve cover gasket,etc...)
2008 C14 ABS
2005 FJR1300

Offline goodquest

• Tricycle
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2012, 09:16:34 pm »
Just talked to Pete and ordered the extended warranty.
Thank you Ultimate Cycle.
ABC for COG.

Offline rsorrell2

• Training Wheels
  • COG#: 10440
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2012, 07:38:33 pm »
I opted for that when I bought my '09 as I plan on keeping since I don't like linked brakes so no new connie for me at this time.

I know it will come in handy for those TPMS that need to be replaced.  Even if I use it for them it will almost pay for itself

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2012, 04:49:47 pm »
So I extended my original warranty in this $339 deal.  Thanks!

That said, my 2008 was in for warranty work and a valve check this week and Kawi was offering to extend my GTPP warranty for 1 yr @$218, 2 yr @$265 or 3 yrs @$302.
Only applies to those already in the GTTP program.  The printout in the message section mentions a GTPP renewal program for existing members with the prices above @50% off 'retail'

Anyone ever seen this before?  My dealer hadn't seen it before but it's on the K-Dealer.com webpage they print up to check for messages, recall bulletins, warranty claim history, etc....  Gave me a copy of it and its clearly a dealer page to track info on your bike.  Unfortunately no key code on file for my bike which I bought used with 3k miles on it  :(

I am shocked that I could cover my bike for a total of 9 yrs for a total of $641 because I ride the snot out of it.  20k miles per year or more would make this a no brainer since the original GTPP program has more than paid for itself already (2 new rotors, TPMS, Valve cover gasket,etc...)

If this IS true, I will get with Pete, and see what he can do for us again.
I would gladly get another 3 year extension for a mere $300, but I have a feeling it will be a bust...
I sent you a p/m, please assist me by responding to it.
thanks in advance,

Offline CalBoy

• Scooter
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2012, 09:49:40 pm »
I am not sure if this deal is legit. According to Kawasaki, the dealership issuing the extended coverage must inspect the bike. This is a requirement as per Kawasaki. I don't want to offend anybody by my harsh comments, but I don't think is legal from a dealership, other than the one that can actually inspect the bike, to issue all these extended warranties. I know you guys like it because is very little money and everybody loves a good deal, but let me reiterate; I do not think is legal.  And if the moderators fret over somebody posting a link for a shop manual in pdf format they should take a hard look at this topic as well. Have you guys gone to your local Kawasaki dealership and inquire about this? Chances are you bought your bike locally, some of you from the dealership, and they need your business just as much as some dealership hundreds or thousands of miles away that has absolutely nothing to do with your buying experience. Just a thought...

Don Juan Matus

Offline CalBoy

• Scooter
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2012, 01:41:17 am »
Gary, trust me, I do understand where you're coming from. With just a few exceptions I bought my bikes from dealerships, and like you I value my local motorcycle businesses. When I bought the C14, which was about a month ago, I chose to get an extended GTTP warranty. I got a three years deal for a little bit over eight hundred dollars. I am ok with it since I know that Ultimate Cycle is breaking the rules set by Kawasaki Co., plus I've been having this great relationship with the people at the dealership who wouldn't hesitate for a second to bend backwards, if necessary, in order to accommodate  me. They already have! I can't put a price on that. They more than make up for the difference in price. I believe I did the right thing.

Don Juan Matus

Offline EnsoniqDude

• Assistant Director Central NY Area
  • Road Bike
  • Running Down a Dream
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2012, 12:45:54 am »
Can someone confirm or deny if this program is legal within the Kawasaki system?

Has anyone had any issues attempting to use the warranty?
2010 C14 - "Neptune Blue" - All praise be unto the blessed color!
2007 Ural Tourist
1997 ZX-11
1984 Nighthawk S
1976 CB750
1965 Dream

"Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear and when I do, its usually something strange and unusual."

Offline CalBoy

• Scooter
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2012, 02:47:47 am »
Can someone confirm or deny if this program is legal within the Kawasaki system?

Has anyone had any issues attempting to use the warranty?

"Pre-Owned GTPP is available on certain street motorcycles and ATVs with specific mileage and time limitations. Check with your dealer to find out if the vehicle you want qualifies for Pre-Owned GTPP. A warranty inspection is required as well. You can only buy Pre-Owned GTPP at the time you buy the qualified and inspected motorcycle or ATV."

What I was referring to was GTTP purchased after the factory warranty had expired. If let's say I buy a Kawasaki motorcycle from an authorized Kawasaki dealer and the bike is out of the factory warranty I can still purchase an extended warranty,  but the bike needs to be inspected by the selling Kawasaki authorized dealership  to see if it qualifies. In this case you can't have a dealership from Montana selling you a pre-owned GTTC when you live in Georgia. That would break the rules set by the Kawasaki Co. 

Don Juan Matus

Offline sworker

• Tricycle
  • COG#: 9779
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2012, 08:25:49 pm »
JUst took my 08 to my local dealer to get an oil leak looked at and to check out their price for the extended warranty as my original expires in April. They shot me a price of around $650 for 3 years, I mentioned the $339 deal here, told them I would rather pay them for the warranty as they would be the dealership I will be using, and I like trying to keep things somewhat in my own community. The sales manager did a little "looking" (who knows), but within 2-3 minutes was more than happy to give me the same deal.
As the dealer that guys go thru on here to get this deal has surely helped many riders get this warranty, I have to believe that if you have any kind of relationship at all with your local dealer, that they would be more than happy to match the price and keep you coming in their door.
So great to have all of this info at our fingers and a community willing to share it. I hope everyone is having as great an experience with their bike as I am mine.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2012, 05:18:06 pm »
Gary, trust me, I do understand where you're coming from. With just a few exceptions I bought my bikes from dealerships, and like you I value my local motorcycle businesses. When I bought the C14, which was about a month ago, I chose to get an extended GTTP warranty. I got a three years deal for a little bit over eight hundred dollars. I am ok with it since I know that Ultimate Cycle is breaking the rules set by Kawasaki Co., plus I've been having this great relationship with the people at the dealership who wouldn't hesitate for a second to bend backwards, if necessary, in order to accommodate  me. They already have! I can't put a price on that. They more than make up for the difference in price. I believe I did the right thing.

DUDE
Please step back and listen for a second, I know you don't know me from Batman, but I have to say you know very little about the bike, and the Kawasaki support network...I do.
I Posted / Started this thread, and followed it up from the beginning. Please do not tell people Pete is doing something "not legit" from Virginia, all over the U.S.A. (exception of Fla.)
You are completely out of line, and bordering on laying down a Libel suite for yourself there with those words.Any bonifide dealer of Kawasaki product, as a representative of Kawasaki Corporation, can sell the GTPP.
Pete, and Ultimate Cycle, his business, are High ranking Black belt dealer folks.  As far as your opinions, you are welcome to "express" them, and you are also welcome to spend $800 any way you please.....(insert PT Barnam quote..) you actually go "served" by the trusted dealer you got this from....you paid $200 more than KAWASAKI wants for the GTPP (I assume you didn't get the paperwork from Kaw, extending THIER price....) :-[
Now, with regard to purchasing an extension for a second or third party sale of the bike, if the original 36 month factory warrantee HAS NOT expired, there is no reason you would have to take the bike in for an inspection. We have numerous people here that have attached the GTPP, purchased from Pete, to a bike they bought used, within the first 36 months.
As for purchasing a GTPP after the 36 month original paper expires, this is the only time "inspection" may come into play, and specifically for the benefit dealerships that may have taken a bike in on a trade, and it may have sat and expired. You cannot go in with an expired original warrantee, and get an extension, inspection or not...ain't a happenin', sorry.

As of right now, I know of no documented way, that a second 36 month extension can be gotten, and am awaiting response from my inside connections at Kawasaki, and also from Pete.

Ride safe.

Offline CalBoy

• Scooter
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2012, 06:23:21 pm »
Man of Blues,  I seriously doubt you've read every post in the thread you had started, because if you had, you wouldn't have written the last post. At least not in the way you went about it.
You should have  shown some restraint in passing out judgement on how little or how much I know about the bike or the Kawasaki Support Network, since I don't know you from Batman and you don't know me from Joker. I liked your "tact" and  "precision" in making sure I was going to get your point no matter what. You should change your name to Sherlock and help the Kawasaki police force catch and prosecute Calboy, a well known character of the Underworld and a repeat offender. Do me a favor and go over what I've written in "the thread you have started", for as many times as it may be necessary for you to get a grasp on things before addressing me with "DUDE" and making unfounded threats. They don't make you popular and they don't scare me either.   Go over my next to last post and read it carefully. And no, please do not reply to this message. I feel like I'm hijacking "your thread".
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 08:57:14 pm by CalBoy »

Don Juan Matus

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2012, 04:02:50 pm »
 :sign0144:  Interesting stuff.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 12:56:52 pm by MAN OF BLUES »

Offline WhiZR

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 9939
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2012, 03:28:58 am »
Another satisfied customer. Arranged for the 3 year extended warranty with a call to Pete at Ultimate. Emailed my moto datails and called with card info on 1/28/2012---received in USPS earlier this week Kawasaki GTPP confirmation letter dated 1/30/2012. Total cost - $339.  Would have posted this earlier but just got back in from 2 wks of vaca. So GHOST now has an addl 3 yr warranty to 5/28/2015.  Woo hooo. Thanks MOB for your posting this info. Hope to meet you one day, shake your hand and buy you a cold beverage. 

And like others I did check with my local dealer who was unwilling / unable to match the price.
Bill

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2012, 12:55:22 pm »
 :08: