Author Topic: GTPP 36 month extension for $339....UPDATED 2/23/2013  (Read 196574 times)

Offline MidlifeCrisis

• Scooter
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: GTPP 36 month extension for $339....
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2012, 03:44:45 pm »
I personally don't give much credence to all this talk about what's "legal" or not.  This isn't a government regulation.  GTPP is a product sold by Kawasaki - plain and simple.  As long as I get it in writing from Kawasaki, it's a done deal.  I doubt Kawasaki USA cares who sold it for them, either.

Judging by how eagerly my dealer was pushing it at the time I bought my pre-owned '09 C14, it must be a big money maker for the dealers.  I like my local dealer, from whom I've bought 2 bikes in the last 4months, and probably another pretty soon here.  But when they quoted me $750 for the extended warranty and made it sound like a great deal, I am not so inclined to bend over.  They will get reimbursed by Kawasaki for any warranty work I bring to them, regardless of where I bought the GTPP.

My dealer also told me I can buy the extended warranty anytime before the original warranty expires.  I asked them if I need to bring in the bike for inspection if and when I do purchase it, they said no.

I like rewarding a seller that gives me a straight up honest low price, rather than somebody that tries hard to "make love" to me but might match the low price if I can prove another seller's low price.
'09 Concours ABS, Candy Diamond Red
'08 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory, Red Lion
'05 GSXR600 (track bike)

Offline Gypsy JR

• American Gypsy
  • I Need a Life
  • Living the Gypsy Life
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 9279
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2012, 06:08:12 pm »
When I get near the end of the original 3 year warranty, I'll extend it another 3 years. If this deal is still available I'll use it.

What is more important to me is keeping my maintenance contract going, because when you factor in the cost of the contract, you end up saving 50% on all your scheduled services, which is worth doing. But its pretty pricey up front. My dealer just today set me up with an Accounts Receivable (A/R) account so I can make 3 monthly payments (no interest, no collateral) and make it less painful. Over the next 25,000 miles give or take a thousand that will add up to a ton of money saved.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017 Forest River Flagstaff Super-V 27VRL travel trailer
Where are you? [insert random forest name]

Offline BillyBob

• Tricycle
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2012, 09:17:43 pm »
I didn't buy the extended warranty on my bike (the original owner did), but I do have the receipt and a copy of the original.  He paid $285!  I wouldn't have passed that up,....  Castle Powersports outside Nashville, TN.
'09 C14, '07 Speed Triple, '06 TTR 50

Offline mahd776

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 8710
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2012, 03:56:59 am »
The warranty on my 2008 expires the first part of March so thought I should take some action for a extended GTPP. Called the dealer where I purchased the bike and have the service I do not do myself performed to see what they could do. Said the best they could do and make some money was $420.00 and that was after checking on the price through Ultimate Cycle to make sure it was a valid offer. While I do not mind them making a profit I thought that they already have made the money from the bike sale and what work I have done at there shop so how much more do they need to make off me. Sent the email to Pete and then called with my CC info so it is a done deal. Thanks to Man of Blues and Pete for this deal!

Offline wayne_jenkins_CT

• Road Bike
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 8966
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2012, 09:17:28 am »
not one to turn my back on a good deal, I signed up on March 8 for this plan.

Offline dbvolfan1

• Bicycle
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2012, 02:13:28 pm »
So I extended my original warranty in this $339 deal.  Thanks!

That said, my 2008 was in for warranty work and a valve check this week and Kawi was offering to extend my GTPP warranty for 1 yr @$218, 2 yr @$265 or 3 yrs @$302.
Only applies to those already in the GTTP program.  The printout in the message section mentions a GTPP renewal program for existing members with the prices above @50% off 'retail'

Anyone ever seen this before?  My dealer hadn't seen it before but it's on the K-Dealer.com webpage they print up to check for messages, recall bulletins, warranty claim history, etc....  Gave me a copy of it and its clearly a dealer page to track info on your bike.  Unfortunately no key code on file for my bike which I bought used with 3k miles on it  :(

I am shocked that I could cover my bike for a total of 9 yrs for a total of $641 because I ride the snot out of it.  20k miles per year or more would make this a no brainer since the original GTPP program has more than paid for itself already (2 new rotors, TPMS, Valve cover gasket,etc...)

If this IS true, I will get with Pete, and see what he can do for us again.
I would gladly get another 3 year extension for a mere $300, but I have a feeling it will be a bust...
I sent you a p/m, please assist me by responding to it.
thanks in advance,

It is legit! My dealer however wanted to claim that the $300 was cost so they said they would sell it to me for $450.
I contacted Pete and he sold it to me for $339.
My 2008 is now covered until 2017!!!!!!   Got the official paperwork from Kawasaki a few days ago!!! 

I repeat.  Mine is an '08.  I purchased the extension from Pete (thanks to this thread/forum) to extend it to 2014.  I have now extended it to 2017 through Pete for another $339

You cannot beat that!   9 years of factory coverage for $678.  And I put 15k-20k miles on my bike per tyear.
2008 C14 ABS
2005 FJR1300

Offline dbvolfan1

• Bicycle
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2012, 02:19:42 pm »
Attached are both letters received by Kawi after purchasing the 2nd 3 yr-extension.
BTW, my local Kawi dealer originally did not think this was possible but he called Kawi and spoke to them and was surprised to find out it could be extended another 3 years.  Problem was, he wanted $450 and Pete was willing to do it for less.
Before someone slams me for not supporting the local dealership, I have spent $2k on tires and service there over the years in addition to buying a bike.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 05:06:15 pm by dbvolfan1 »
2008 C14 ABS
2005 FJR1300

Offline anthony - Sacramento

• live to ride
  • Scooter
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 10001
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2012, 07:14:47 pm »
i wish i had that ,,  :'(
love my concours 1400 , im trying to keep it stock :) hahaha

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2012, 09:42:14 pm »
I'll be giving Pete another call shortly..... :-\
and giving him another $339 also.....

hopefully stretching out to 2017.... cause I have NO plans on selling this bike yet.... :rotflmao: :motonoises:

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline anthony - Sacramento

• live to ride
  • Scooter
  • COG#: 10001
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2012, 05:03:48 pm »
is that warranty transferable if the bike is sold with it ??? that would really help hold the value 
love my concours 1400 , im trying to keep it stock :) hahaha

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2012, 12:21:19 pm »
is that warranty transferable if the bike is sold with it ??? that would really help hold the value
both the factory warranty, and the 36 mo extended GTPP are transferable with the sale of the bike.

Offline wipfel

• Road Bike
  • COG#: Forum
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2012, 04:05:42 pm »
I didn't see this covered already in the thread, but it seems you can't get this warranty on a demo bike.  I just bought a 2010 Connie and was planning on buying the GTPP warranty, but it appears this has to be purchased before the factory warranty expires.  Kawi negates/cancels the factory warranty on their demo bikes when they're sold. 

I saw a blurb about certain pre-owned vehicles might be eligible for this warranty, but it refers you to the dealer.  I've contacted them and am waiting to see if they can honor it or not.

--If I could be anywhere right now, I'd still be out there, on my bike, in the wilderness.

2010 Concours 14 ABS

Offline fartymarty

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 9712
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2012, 04:44:46 pm »
  Kawi negates/cancels the factory warranty on their demo bikes when they're sold. 

Really?..that can't be correct, I can't see how they would ever get rid of demos except at a huge loss.
From the demo prices I recall seeing when I was shopping, they may have been taking a loss, but not a HUGE loss.
Sumthin seems amiss here.

Offline wipfel

• Road Bike
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2012, 07:08:42 pm »
  Kawi negates/cancels the factory warranty on their demo bikes when they're sold. 

Really?..that can't be correct, I can't see how they would ever get rid of demos except at a huge loss.
From the demo prices I recall seeing when I was shopping, they may have been taking a loss, but not a HUGE loss.
Sumthin seems amiss here.

It took me by surprise as well.  The guy at the dealership told me Honda does it too.  He said he could put a 24-month Kawi warranty on the bike for about $820, but I told him I'd shop around.  He couldn't tell me why Kawi does what it does, but was very sure that was the case.

**EDIT** I called Kawi customer service to verify the details.  Nate @ CS told me the bike was auctioned to the dealer from Kawi and confirmed it does not have any manufacturer's warranty.  He did say, though, that I could add the GTPP warranty for up to 36 months if I wanted.  Now I just have to get the dealer to agree to the $339 price or go shopping with the dealership listed on this thread.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 07:26:21 pm by wipfel »
--If I could be anywhere right now, I'd still be out there, on my bike, in the wilderness.

2010 Concours 14 ABS

Offline fartymarty

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 9712
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2012, 06:29:53 pm »
  Nate @ CS told me the bike was auctioned to the dealer from Kawi and confirmed it does not have any manufacturer's warranty. 

OK, sorry if I'm  :deadhorse:  but did it seem (your impression from CS) like this was the standard operating procedure with all Kawasaki demos or did you call
Nate with the VIN# and perhaps this was a special deal with this one bike.

Makes me double glad I passed on the 2 demo deals I was offered, and refused to sign the paper work for mine until I saw the actual bike and the ODO.

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 9735
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2012, 08:05:29 pm »
So what if you're still on your original 3 year warranty and haven't purchased a 3 year extension yet, can you just buy 2 extensions at the same time for a 6 year extension? Or do they need to be purchased separately at different times??
BAD A$$ isn't cheap, and cheap isn't BAD A$$...

Offline wipfel

• Road Bike
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2012, 09:11:16 pm »
  Nate @ CS told me the bike was auctioned to the dealer from Kawi and confirmed it does not have any manufacturer's warranty. 

OK, sorry if I'm  :deadhorse:  but did it seem (your impression from CS) like this was the standard operating procedure with all Kawasaki demos or did you call
Nate with the VIN# and perhaps this was a special deal with this one bike.

Makes me double glad I passed on the 2 demo deals I was offered, and refused to sign the paper work for mine until I saw the actual bike and the ODO.

From what the dealer said and from what Nate implied, this is standard practice.   They did confirm they can add the GTPP warranty, and I'm asking them to match the $339.  We'll see where they end up.

2010 Concours 14 ABS

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 9735
« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2012, 11:45:28 pm »
So what if you're still on your original 3 year warranty and haven't purchased a 3 year extension yet, can you just buy 2 extensions at the same time for a 6 year extension? Or do they need to be purchased separately at different times??

Anyone know the answer to my question?

Bueller Bueller Bueller
BAD A$$ isn't cheap, and cheap isn't BAD A$$...

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2012, 09:35:00 pm »

Anyone know the answer to my question?

Bueller Bueller Bueller

TUCK the tail in and hang on.....don't be so darned silly....(I wouldn't ask to do both at the same time figuring it would cause a hu-bub.... :-X )

I put a call in to Pete, and am awaiting his callback.
I still would buy the first GTPP.....and wait and buy the "second-if-really-available" one later.... :motonoises: ::)

Offline Jeremy

• Road Bike
  • I put on my pants for this?!
  • COG#: 9899
« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2012, 10:50:45 pm »
I will be on the phone with Kawasaki tomorrow if this turns out to be true.  That would great to have warranty coverage until 2017!
Kick the tires and light the fires

Offline dbvolfan1

• Bicycle
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2012, 10:48:44 pm »
I will be on the phone with Kawasaki tomorrow if this turns out to be true.  That would great to have warranty coverage until 2017!

Well if it ain't true than Pete, my local Kawi dealer, the guy my local Kawi dealer spoke to at corporate, the computer program that kicked out my letter showing my coverage extended through 2017 and the K-Dealer.com system that shows my coverage through 2017 are all a pipe dream.....oh, and someone owes me $339 because that too showed up on my VISA statement.

Don't know why it's so difficult to verify.  I emailed Pete and got a response the same day.  Likewise, my dealer verified it with one call.  Go to your local dealer and ask them to print out the K-Dealer.com sheet for your bike like you are bringing it in for service....it will show up in the middle section starting with a bunch of ******
One caveat....mine did say it was a limited time offer and that was in mid- January per my original post. It was listed as 50% off for a limited time.

Heck, I just went into the kawasaki.com website and typed in my VIN for kicks and giggles....confirms 3/15/17

2008 - CONCOURS 14 ABS

Warranty Status                                                                             
Vin: JKBZGNA13********
    Your warranty expired on 03/15/2011.
    Your Good Times Protection Plan expires on 03/15/2017.
    No outstanding recalls for this unit.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 10:59:28 pm by dbvolfan1 »
2008 C14 ABS
2005 FJR1300

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2012, 03:40:39 pm »
IT'S TRUE!!!!!!!!!  :-\

just got off the phone with the man..... :) :) :)

I will add, In conversation today, Pete has specifically told me that IF you bought the bike NEW, and are THE ORIGINAL OWNER who ALREADY HAS a GTPP in effect, HE CAN and WILL be able to add additional time for the additional costs, another 36 months, but I think it is a few bucks more....still cheap.!!!!!

jump on it folks, get'em while they're hot!!!

Offline wayne_jenkins_CT

• Road Bike
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 8966
Re: GTPP 36 month extension for $339....UPDATED 3/28/2012
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2012, 09:14:02 am »
 Damn, just what I need at 80 years old,6 more years on my insurance!I just purchased 3 years and my wife is still laughing.

Offline Saint_Arc

• Scooter
  • COG#: 10457
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2012, 02:51:33 am »
Is Pete still offering this GTPP? I sent in an email of the requested information minus payment info (rather do over the phone) and still have not got a response.  I called and left a message but haven't heard from anyone.  I sure hope I'm not to late on this deal.  I'm hoping he's just on vacation or out.  Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Mike
Michael Roelofs

2012 Kawasaki Concours 1400 Arabian Red
2009 Kawasaki Concours 14 Candy Red (RIP)
2003 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2012, 04:09:55 pm »
Is Pete still offering this GTPP? I sent in an email of the requested information minus payment info (rather do over the phone) and still have not got a response.  I called and left a message but haven't heard from anyone.  I sure hope I'm not to late on this deal.  I'm hoping he's just on vacation or out.  Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Mike

YES.....
you called him on Monday.
They are not open on MONDAY.
call him back.

if you scroll back, and read this thread  #1, you will see it was just amended to tell folks it's all still good.