Author Topic: Hardware and push pins  (Read 1827 times)

Offline Hosspower

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 12782
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Hardware and push pins
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2018, 09:14:41 pm »
Cheaper directly from Bolt at the link I posted above. Same product.
2012 Kawasaki Concours C14 ABS - Kong

Offline TimR

• Global Moderator
  • Iron Butt
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 9032
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2018, 10:31:19 pm »
I added Hosspower's link to the C14 parts list.
Blue 1975 Z1B 900, Red 09 C14     I might not be perfect but at least I don't ride a Suzuki

Offline gilbysan

• Training Wheels
  • Ride Like the Wind!
  • COG#: 12764
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2018, 01:21:43 am »
Hey Wolverine,
My source has been the gallon ice cream buckets sold at grocery stores. I just cut one up and use the correct size hole punch to make new ones.  IMO they are more durable than the originals, being a bit thicker and if/when you lose one, which for me is often I just go to my screw container and get one out...
Other than that partzilla is where I go for official parts when needed. Here is the link to the page that has the washers:
https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/kawasaki/motorcycle/2012/concours-14-abs-zg1400ccf/cowling-center-caf-ccf You are looking for the part: 92022 Washer 6.5X16x1 full # is: 92022-1143 $1.81 each.  Makes the ice cream tub look better and you can pig out on your fav flavor as a bonus.

Cheers!
BG
gilbysan

“In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.” – Yogi Berra

Offline Gscott

• Bicycle
  • 09 C14
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12413
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2018, 11:41:13 am »
Try Ace hardware for the washers

Offline Wolverine

• Bicycle
  • 09 Concours 14
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 12802
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2018, 12:17:20 pm »
I'll try ACE but its tempting to try the ice cream  bucket just so I can get to the bottom of it.
Thanks

Rick

He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. - 1 John 5:12

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2018, 07:28:49 pm »
Hey Wolverine,
My source has been the gallon ice cream buckets sold at grocery stores. I just cut one up and use the correct size hole punch to make new ones.  IMO they are more durable than the originals, being a bit thicker and if/when you lose one, which for me is often I just go to my screw container and get one out...
Other than that partzilla is where I go for official parts when needed. Here is the link to the page that has the washers:
https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/kawasaki/motorcycle/2012/concours-14-abs-zg1400ccf/cowling-center-caf-ccf You are looking for the part: 92022 Washer 6.5X16x1 full # is: 92022-1143 $1.81 each.  Makes the ice cream tub look better and you can pig out on your fav flavor as a bonus.

Cheers!
BG

I'm really liking that realm of thought... mmmmmm good... real good...
Come to yhink of it, any lids from numerous containers would work, coffee cans, butter tubs, the lids from the deli tater salad and cole slaw.... all this is making me hungry....

A. Set of hole punches from Harbor Freight, and all is good...  lesseee, punch a 1/4" hole first, then punch around that with a 5/8" and voila...

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW

Offline TimR

• Global Moderator
  • Iron Butt
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2018, 10:52:43 pm »

I've looked for the push pins there but never thought about the washers. Now a reason to go to Ace Hardware.  ;)
Blue 1975 Z1B 900, Red 09 C14     I might not be perfect but at least I don't ride a Suzuki

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2018, 12:36:28 am »

I've looked for the push pins there but never thought about the washers. Now a reason to go to Ace Hardware.  ;)

Lowes has them also,
I'm opting to make my own...
use my drill press as a press (non powered) with a block of hardwood, and these
https://www.harborfreight.com/6-piece-hollow-punch-set-67030.html

or go manual, and hammer 'em out....
https://www.harborfreight.com/hand-tools/punches/9-piece-hollow-punch-set-3838.html

of course, I have an H/F outlet store like 5 miles from my house... so tools always win over buying at Lowes..

Offline gilbysan

• Training Wheels
  • Ride Like the Wind!
  • COG#: 12764
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2018, 02:00:24 pm »
Went to my local electronics supply for adhesive shrink wrap tubes and they had that wall of hard to find assortment of everything that the Big Box stores usually don't have, (which ACE and True Value do have) and found some small black plastic washers that are just a bit thicker than the stock opaque nylon washers. Bought a bunch of them for 19 cents each.  They also carry the push pins but I did not pay attention to the sizes...
Yogurt lids also work well unless they are the tin foil types of course...
Cheers!
Gilbysan
gilbysan

“In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.” – Yogi Berra

Offline TimR

• Global Moderator
  • Iron Butt
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2018, 11:19:47 pm »
Sorry to say at the local Ace hardware it's nope, nada, no on the push pins and nylon washers.  :'(

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2018, 12:25:51 am »
Sorry to say at the local Ace hardware it's nope, nada, no on the push pins and nylon washers.  :'(
yep
pretty much Ace sux for hardware... Lowes has washers tho, and mayb, pushpins, but not the correct metric ones...

I did find once, a True Value Hardware store, in Wellsboro Pa., that actually had 4 of the C10 front wheel bearings in a bin... they weren't the sealed bearings, but they would get someone home... amazing find.