Author Topic: Has anyone beat this ET ???  (Read 3023 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Iron Butt
  • COG# 9334
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 9334
  • Membership Level: Active
Has anyone beat this ET ???
« on: March 11, 2014, 01:34:09 am »

I use the '06 ZX14 44 TB's along with '06 ZX14 injectors that squirt a bit more, velocity stacks, no flies or cats and a Speedohealer V4 to defeat the speed limiter on my "08 C14 ABS. Also use JE 9.5 CR forged turbo pistons, HD valve and clutch springs to go with the Garrett 27 turbo, 2 stage boost controller, water/methanol injection, Pingel elect. shifter and dual GP shorty slash cut exhaust. Chris Jones tuned the HP (238) down a bit to make the bike streetable. When drag racing, the stock wheelbase makes it extremely hard to keep the front wheel down (even with a front strap) under max acceleration. I have a re-valved shock, but it needs more than that. It's lowered front and rear with a Catalyst step seat. 9.92 et @ 144 mph in 1/4 mile. I know it is capable of more, if one can keep the front wheel down. Lew
KiPass!

Offline stevewfl

• Iron Butt
  • COG# 9334
Re: Has anyone beat this ET ???
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 01:38:30 am »
 :beerchug: Guess it's only fair I cite the forum/thread the info came from:  http://zx1441r.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1603
KiPass!

Offline Gypsy JR

• American Gypsy
  • I Need a Life
  • Living the Gypsy Life
  • COG#: 9279
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 02:04:00 am »
If he spent all that money on a ZX14R engine build, he'd be running in the 7s.

In fact, a bone stock ZX14R is faster than that.

Wonder if its any good for sport touring anymore, like that. Probably not.

I realize you can do that to a C14, all it takes is money, but why bother?

If I want to go fast in the 1/4 mile, and I have, I'm going to start with a base machine that is really capable of going fast. Same if I want to go fast at Bonneville or the Texas Mile.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016 Harley Davidson TriGlide Ultra (Rushmore)
2014 TimeOut Deluxe camper trailer
Where are you? [insert random forest name]

Offline Rev Ryder

• Section Moderator
  • I Need a Life
  • We came. We saw. We Concours-ed.
    • Presbychuck
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 7235
  • Membership Level: Executive Director
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 02:35:44 am »
Not everyone wants a Top Fuel Dragster or Flopper.  There are gobs of classes because folks like to do different stuff.  As far as Sport Touring it goes, he's dropped a little compression.  Absolutely nothing else he's done would make it behave much different than stock off boost.  He used a larger turbo than I would have put on it if I was looking to make just 238hp, but that's just going to make it behave MORE stock when Sport Touring. IMHO.

EDIT TO ADD:
However, that's probably a ball bearing turbo so it may spool fairly low like a smaller turbo.
Fortis non Ferox
 Shafties Can't Wheelie

Offline stevewfl

• Iron Butt
  • COG# 9334
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 02:41:41 am »

If I want to go fast in the 1/4 mile, and I have, I'm going to start with a base machine that is really capable of going fast. Same if I want to go fast at Bonneville or the Texas Mile.

They're just having fun 'cuz they can.

I didn't post this intending ill-will or to make anyone defensive. And those guys do own and race ZX14Rs. Many of them run the salt and TX Mile.

And they just do such to their C14s for sheer fun, or because they can, or i dunno it ain;t my bizness  ;D 

They're nice fella's. One of them I ride with occasionally just uses his C14 around town here because his wife likes riding on the back. He enjoys riding bikes 1/4 at a time, C14 included. Different strokes for different folks, some are open-minded.

Its all good   :beerchug:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 03:01:50 am by stevewfl »
KiPass!

Offline JB

• Road Bike
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 11:43:22 am »
Not everyone wants a Top Fuel Dragster or Flopper.  There are gobs of classes because folks like to do different stuff.  As far as Sport Touring it goes, he's dropped a little compression.  Absolutely nothing else he's done would make it behave much different than stock off boost.  He used a larger turbo than I would have put on it if I was looking to make just 238hp, but that's just going to make it behave MORE stock when Sport Touring. IMHO.

EDIT TO ADD:
However, that's probably a ball bearing turbo so it may spool fairly low like a smaller turbo.

A nitrous kit would make for it to be even more stock when sport touring, fact.  Motorcycles are great candidates for the spray.
2012 Kawasaki Concours (Black)
2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Black)
2009 Ninja EX650 (Sold)
2012 Ninja 250 SE (Sold)

Offline rob

• Road Bike
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 10:05:32 pm »

No, a stock zx14 would not beat this bike.  Maybe that time, maybe, but not the bike.  Time is dependent on the rider.  240 hp beats 180 any day.  Sorry.  Even with 150 extra lbs.

And, it's getting old reading "why would anyone do that to a C14...why not just get a zx14 or busa".  Well, maybe they can only afford one bike, and want to tour with said  bike as well as go fast.  Or maybe they just want to be original..which is precisely why I would do it. Everybody and their brother has a zx14.   What is wrong with going fast on a Concours14??

Offline alikkon

• Training Wheels
  • COG#: 11342
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 12:53:20 am »
My favorite reason is generally: "Because you can" - Vendors like to do things like this to show off their individual parts, but people usually just do it because they can... or to make peoples' jaws drop when they see the big heavy bike do something crazy.

Offline CW

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: Forum
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 12:38:30 pm »
My favorite reason is generally: "Because you can" - Vendors like to do things like this to show off their individual parts, but people usually just do it because they can... or to make peoples' jaws drop when they see the big heavy bike do something crazy.

I once knew a guy who put a 428 in an old Pinto. It was loud, obnoxious, rattled the ground...but it was fast. Why?       'cause he wanted to, I guess.

More power to them!
2010 Neptune blue C-14
2009 KLR
2103 DR-Z400S

Offline Rev Ryder

• Section Moderator
  • I Need a Life
    • Presbychuck
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 01:27:58 pm »
I like being the world's tallest midget and riding the world's fastest snail. 
Fortis non Ferox
 Shafties Can't Wheelie

Offline SpazOnaConcours

• Tricycle
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 11:28:25 pm »
I only went 9.95, but I did cover the 144mph with a 144.86mph. :) I could have gone quicker than that with some more seat time, but you only get that one pass in the 9's if you don't have a competition license. But getting it to break 200mph was one I'm pretty sure I still have all to myself (for now, anyway).  :great: Did I mention the bike was at stock ride height, no strap, with 40psi of air in both tires?

And the GT28RS seems like a large turbo, but it's just about perfect for the way the bike makes power. I had the 'flies in AND used the bigger A/R turbine housing and still had full boost threshold by around 5K rpm.... and that's at over a mile high in elevation.

Offline Seth

• Big Wheels
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 11:27:38 am »
I think this is great. Sleepers are hilarious. My c14 has nitrous in the saddlebag and a few other mods that bring it up closer to a zx level of tune. I haven't gotten to the track yet but I'll let you know how it goes.

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
  • COG#: 6977
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 12:59:32 pm »
Chris Jones told me he built the bike, and it cost about 6500 IIRC. he said it's capable of 300+ hp, but he had to lower the boost because the bike was an handful to ride on the street. the owner is about 30 miles from me, but I've never met him. steve
C-14 ECU flashing for performance and rideability enhancement
C-10 Carb work , cams, & performance enhancements
 " Modifications for sport-tourers, BY a sport-tourer"
https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/home

Offline Rev Ryder

• Section Moderator
  • I Need a Life
    • Presbychuck
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2017, 03:23:25 pm »
Wow!  Another blast from the past.  ;D
Fortis non Ferox
 Shafties Can't Wheelie

Offline Deepsea

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 10376
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2017, 12:35:05 am »
I've built and ridden/raced everything from an old Honda 50, up to a Double Engine Dragster and a Twin Engine LSR Bike. Why ? Because you can. That's all the reason anyone needs. I'm now on the third flash with my 09 C14. Why? Because I can. It's fun, it's unique and most of all it get's in your blood. It's almost an addiction . It also makes me SMILE every time I get to go WFO. "Ride your own ride" has many meanings. :)

Steve, if your watching, I kind of miss the engine braking but I'm getting used to it. I find that riding in traffic I never get past 1/8 throttle anymore but I'm going just as fast as before. I'm a happy camper.
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1, Honda CB-650, C-14
El Mirage Record Holder A-BG 3000cc 11/83 184.049 mph  CDA#0438
(twin engine, twin turbo, Z-1)
Retired Navy Saturation Diver

Offline oldnslo_MO

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 9924
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2017, 11:57:20 am »

EDIT TO ADD:

A nitrous kit would make for it to be even more stock when sport touring, fact.  Motorcycles are great candidates for the spray.
used nos on my 09 c14, ran a 9.98 @141, for a lot less  money.
happy trails  09 concours14* 75 kawasaki H1   500cc*79 triumph bonneville750* 2 each  82su zuki gs1100e* 05 yamaha fz1 1100* 03 yamaha fz1 1100*01 goldwing 1800*97 goldwing 1500* 93 goldwing 1500* 80 kawasaki vulcan 1500*76 kawasaki kz650* 66 triumph Bonneville 650* 68 triumph tr 650* 72 norton commando750* 70 bsa rocket III 750*  68 hon cb350* 66 hon cb305*1960 BSA golden flash 500cc*1950 cushman