Author Topic: Have you seen this dyno chart?  (Read 578 times)

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 6977
  • Membership Level: Active
Have you seen this dyno chart?
« on: July 31, 2019, 11:13:56 am »
  just trying to get the word out to some new members about running the DB killers / silencers in your slip on mufflers. Here's a dyno comparison done on a fellow Cogger's bike. The only difference is removing the DB killer from his delkevic muffler. Look at the times on the chart. There were 4 of us Coggers present. This is the real deal. Results? A net loss of 14 HP with the silencer installed as compared to the open slip on. I have also done dyno work comparing stock to a slip on. Typically the slip on gains about 3 hp. So that means a Delkevic with it's silencer is produces a whopping 11 HP LESS THAN STOCK. 

If your butt dyno told you that your bike gained hp with a silenced slip on, time for a recalibration.

Steve

« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 11:17:50 am by Steve in Sunny Fla »
C-14 ECU flashing for performance and rideability enhancement
C-10 Carb work , cams, & performance enhancements
 " Modifications for sport-tourers, BY a sport-tourer"
https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/home

Offline Jim Snyder

• Crotch Rocket
  • Oops, my Connie turned into an FJR !!!
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 7055
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Re: Have you seen this dyno chart?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 11:52:20 am »
Not sure why, but I have posted a dozen times how to modify the baffles in Delkevic mufflers, why no one has taken my advise is beyond me.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 02:56:01 pm by Jim Snyder »
"Some days you're the windshield, and some days you're the bug" Get used to it cause thats life !!!

Offline HeavyRotation

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 02:55:54 pm »
Interesting, you put their full system on the dyno yet? I removed the baffle from mine immediately, it was obviously restrictive.
I like sheds and ninjas.

Offline Hawk600

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 04:01:49 pm »
Not sure why, but I have posted a dozen times how to modify the baffles in Delkevic mufflers, why no one has taken my advise is beyond me.

I have seem many of your posts and perhaps people is doing your mod but not reporting back? Not really nice but possible.

It would be nice to see a dyno comparo including your mod as well.

:beerchug:

Offline Hawk600

• Tricycle
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 04:07:07 pm »
  just trying to get the word out to some new members about running the DB killers / silencers in your slip on mufflers...

Thank you for the heads up Steve I am considering your flash however my bike runs perfectly fine as it is, maybe on a future sale....  ;D

Offline turbojoe78_MA

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 8645
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 04:42:56 pm »
  just trying to get the word out to some new members about running the DB killers / silencers in your slip on mufflers...

Thank you for the heads up Steve I am considering your flash however my bike runs perfectly fine as it is, maybe on a future sale....  ;D

When I got my 2014 in late 2015 it ran perfectly fine too … then in Feb 2016 I got Steve's flash and it ran perfectly finer … that was a couple flashes ago and I've still got one more flash to go before it's just PERFECT!   :motonoises: :motonoises:
1968 Honda 160 Scrambler,  Sold / 1979 Kawasaki SR 650, Traded in for next one,  1978 Kawasaki KZ 1000 Z1R Turbo Sold / 1986 Kawasaki ZX 1000R Ninja Sold / 1999 Kawasaki Concours Sold / 2014 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Southeast Area
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 09:10:59 pm »

That is pretty funny right there.  I hear that one all the time... then after they get Steve's flash all they can say is:
"Dam, I wish I had gotten Steve's flash a long time ago..... The money I would have saved in gas alone would have paid for his flash."
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 09:14:02 pm by Daytona_Mike »
Normally aspirated engines have perpetual turbo lag
2000 Red C10 1052 kit 100+HP  + way more torque.
2008  C14 Silver Dammit Full AreaP- Flies are put back in SISF_Flash
2011  KLR650   688 piston ported and polished
2011  KTM 530    This thing is FUN!!