Author Topic: I'm looking to sue Kawasaki...  (Read 2554 times)

Offline A-train

• Motorcycle Enthusiast
  • Tricycle
  • Old enough to know better, yet still do it anyway.
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
I'm looking to sue Kawasaki...
« on: May 23, 2012, 10:15:50 pm »
I do security work for a few local pubs, My job is to look mean and scary, and i can't do that with this ear to ear grin I have permanently painted on my face.  :)) 

A little story, skip to the bottom to my question.

After spending an hour or so with the previous owner, discussing bikes and trading stories, He told me to take the bike for a quick spin around the block and come back to let him know how i feel about it. I already had all the paperwork and plate in hand. So i did, My first experience with the Concours. and it was glorious, I felt immediately comfortable at the controls, and hands down prefer this bike over the Ducati ST4S in every aspect.

I returned to his garage, shook his hand and asked a few last minute questions before taking off back to work. Ended up getting poured on (freak raincloud appeared from nowhere) and spent the rest of the day drooling out the window staring at my new love.

after punching out, I took the real long way home, hit a few of the local shops to see if any could fit in an inspection, they could not. so instead i went cruising around the back roads and picked up some Kielbasa and beer. life could not be better. I imagine many more years and miles of riding on this wonderful machine.

The power is immense, i've never had this much response from the throttle of any vehicle before. the handling is fantastic compared to my landbarge BMW K1200LT. Turning radius amazing. and incredibly comfortable to boot! Even the well known 'heat issues', I was dreading it after reading so much about it. However, I do see what people mean by a borderline uncomfortableness about it, but it did not bother me much, I suppose a longer trip would be the true test however.

:-\ I did have a close call with death however, as i was making my way through an intersection, a Helmet Spider creeped out from the internal sunvisor housing and crawled onto my nose, then started to mosey on through my beard hair. mouth closed tight, feeling this little bugger crawl pass my lips, maintaining composure till i pulled into a parking lot. and then ripped my helmet off and shrieked like a little girl as i frantically brushed my face and beard off with a gloved hand. Crisis averted.  ;D

and now the questions/issues i have with it.

Q: The center glovebox, Has anyone figured out a way to secure it? I'd really like to be able to pull my GPS off it's cradle (stupid Garmin 660 doesnt have a locking security pin like the 550) and toss it in the box while stopped in unfamiliar locations. Is a removable Tankbag my only solution?

also,

Q: The previous owner removed the stock windscreen and replaced with a high end Touring Screen, which i think is just perfect. However i was thinking of turning the stock screen into a summer screen, perhaps tinting it in some fashion, is there any common way to do this? or should i just keep it wrapped and clean till i sell the bike, which ain't gonna be for a loooonnnggg time.

Thats all! can't wait to take her out in the morning!

:)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 10:18:12 pm by A-train »
100 Miles to Breakfast...

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
  • COG#: 7134
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: I'm looking to sue Kawasaki...
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 10:29:34 pm »
No there's no way I know of to secure the center glove box. It's probably easiest to just put that zumo in you pocket. It's thinner than the 550.   :))

Some folks painted the back of the 08-09 OEM screen to use in the summer heat. You probably would never raise it becuase it only directs the air at your head at best. I used a 3" CalSci in the summer because it gave me good air flow and actually had some kind or wind protection. The accessory shield for the 08-09 (OEM on the 2010+) might do the same thing.

Offline SuperBee

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 11:11:23 pm »
LMAO at the helmet spider story. :rotflmao:

Offline S Smith

• Northeast Area Director
  • Officer
  • I Need a Life
    • COG Northeast Area Home Page
  • COG#: 3184
  • Membership Level: Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 11:23:56 pm »
Great story.  Can't help with your question. Can give you reason to get off the Island and head north for some riding...  Check out the COG Northeast Event Calendar and join us for the July 1 Independence Ride to Big W BBQ.  Meet Terry and crew in White Plains for a nice ride north for great chow.

| Steve Smith | COG #3184 |

There is more to be gained by members raising hands saying "I'll do that" instead of pointing fingers saying "nobody's doing that."

Offline A-train

• Motorcycle Enthusiast
  • Tricycle
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 11:45:17 pm »
S Smith,

Sadly I can't make this trip, however i do intend on joining you all when i can, I also intend on joining COG as a full member soon.

Thanks! I look forward to meeting you all one day!

Offline Southern_rider

• Bicycle
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 10088
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 12:17:36 am »
You sure have a good case of riding fever. I've been in a state of riding fever since I started riding about 2 years again after 20 years raising kids and being the good husband, no more!!

I had a good laugh with the spider story  :)). I haven't had the same issue but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

Since I've had the Concours I've told myself I'll never have another bike that does not exceptional power.
Jim
COG# 10,088

Offline twowheeladdict

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 12:20:50 am »

:-\ I did have a close call with death however, as i was making my way through an intersection, a Helmet Spider creeped out from the internal sunvisor housing and crawled onto my nose, then started to mosey on through my beard hair. mouth closed tight, feeling this little bugger crawl pass my lips, maintaining composure till i pulled into a parking lot. and then ripped my helmet off and shrieked like a little girl as i frantically brushed my face and beard off with a gloved hand. Crisis averted.  ;D

Both my wife and I were  :rotflmao:

Offline 2fast

• Crotch Rocket
  • Red hair & black leather, my favorite color scheme
    • ZG Heat Shields
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 01:55:12 am »
Doood, I can relate to the Helmet Spider! My experience with him took place a couple of years ago, leaving the RWTW rally in Georgia, in heavy fog, severe twisties, and rain. I had my helmet on the ground for a bit before leaving, and that must be when he moved in. Gotta tell ya, I friggin HATE spiders, especially crawling on my face. You sound just slightly calmer than I was.  >:(
Brian in Minnesota

Offline A-train

• Motorcycle Enthusiast
  • Tricycle
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 02:19:23 am »
Doood, I can relate to the Helmet Spider! My experience with him took place a couple of years ago, leaving the RWTW rally in Georgia, in heavy fog, severe twisties, and rain. I had my helmet on the ground for a bit before leaving, and that must be when he moved in. Gotta tell ya, I friggin HATE spiders, especially crawling on my face. You sound just slightly calmer than I was.  >:(

Today was my first day out on my just recently purchased C14, i was not going to let some bastard who's too good for two legs ruin my day. he has since been delt with.  >:D

Offline Downhill

• Mini Bike
  • He who dies with the most toys.....wins
  • COG#: 10106
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 09:38:33 pm »
Try this one,

I'm running up route 17 from the last M&G in Newburgh at about 80 when a big a$$ bumble bee hit directly at the open vent in the chin guard and magically appears before my eyes on my side of the visor.  I swear he looks at me and starts bouncing off my nose, lips & eye balls before I have the wherwithal to lift my visor and he flies out.  Still can't figure out how he managed to get through the small vent openning and live at the speed at which he hit. :))
Downhill Dave
2011 C14 ABS (atomic silver) fastest color
2008 Spyder (yellow/black) premier #2723

Offline Mad River Marc

• Sport Tourer
  • COG#: 8442
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 11:11:19 am »

Q: The center glovebox, Has anyone figured out a way to secure it? I'd really like to be able to pull my GPS off it's cradle (stupid Garmin 660 doesnt have a locking security pin like the 550) and toss it in the box while stopped in unfamiliar locations. Is a removable Tankbag my only solution?

The 660 doesn't have a locking pin but you can get a Touratech locking mount for it

http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/PN-065-0521/TOURATECH-Zumo-660-665-handlebar-mount-Locking-Black

Not cheap, but would probably do what you need.   I just toss my 550 in a saddlebag or in my Givi if I'm going to be away from the bike for extended periods of time (I replaced the locking screw with a thumbscrew since I was forever losing the stupid tool :) )
You only need two tools in life – WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn’t move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn’t move and does, use the duct tape.