Author Topic: I'm new to this site and have a question  (Read 787 times)

Offline jmozg1400

• Tricycle
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 12700
  • Membership Level: Active
I'm new to this site and have a question
« on: November 13, 2017, 02:37:28 am »
I just joined a few days ago and already had an idiot shoot his mouth off on one of my threads.  My question is are there a lot of these dudes on here, or was it just an anomaly?  I want to be on a site where there is intelligent conversation, but that takes "intelligence" to do so.  Just asking because I don't want to waste my time.  I nip s in the bud at this point in life...
2016 Kaw C14
2008 Kaw C14
1980 Honda CB650

Offline Old Man on a Connie

• South West Area Director
  • Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 9932
  • Membership Level: Area Director
Re: I'm new to this site and have a question
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 03:33:50 am »
Well Sir FWIW, after having read the Mcruise thread, I'd say most were trying to help. But then calling someone an idiot sure doesn't help the cause. Just sayin.
"I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do, It's a Concours. A C14 '11 silver to be precise." OTP 2017 Traveler. It was a Blast Baby.

Offline gsun

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 9127
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 04:24:08 am »
Wow, I read you other post and I think you are the one with the attitude. And, yes we are mostly "idiots" as you say. Cause, I guess you are always right. :nananana:

Offline Deepsea

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 10376
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 04:39:50 am »
Wow, an FNG with attitude.
  I'm the idiot you accused of having a reading comprehension problem. Guess what? I don't have a memory problem and I'll certainly remember you when there is a problem with your bike and you're asking for help.
  If you've never read "How to make friends and influence people" I highly recommended it. One such as yourself who posses absolutely zero social skills might benefit from it. Then again it's probably way over your pointy head.
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1 and Z-1R , Honda CB-650, C-14
El Mirage Record Holder A-BG 3000cc 11/83 184.049 mph  CDA#0438
(twin engine, twin turbo, Z-1)
Retired Navy Saturation Diver

Offline jwh20

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 01:10:27 pm »
Yes, there are some forum participants who are, how shall I put it, "strongly and passionately opinionated" and not afraid to let you know it.  Don't worry about it, you'll get used to it.
2012 Concours 14 Arabian Red
"Debbie Downer" according to some...

Offline jmozg1400

• Tricycle
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 01:16:20 pm »
Well Sir FWIW, after having read the Mcruise thread, I'd say most were trying to help. But then calling someone an idiot sure doesn't help the cause. Just sayin.

I took exception to the "lazy" comment.  Dude doesn't know me to be judging...
2016 Kaw C14
2008 Kaw C14
1980 Honda CB650

Offline jmozg1400

• Tricycle
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 01:31:08 pm »
Wow, an FNG with attitude.
  I'm the idiot you accused of having a reading comprehension problem. Guess what? I don't have a memory problem and I'll certainly remember you when there is a problem with your bike and you're asking for help.
  If you've never read "How to make friends and influence people" I highly recommended it. One such as yourself who posses absolutely zero social skills might benefit from it. Then again it's probably way over your pointy head.

Having owned businesses for 25 years I think I have social skills.  You don't know me to be throwing out the lazy comment.  If you're going to step into the ring and throw s then expect it in return.  You don't know me to be calling me lazy, so yeah I fire back with attitude.  If you don't like it and  have if you have nothing intelligent to say, then move on from my post.  For example Bigfoot professionally and kindly told me to go to the search option.  We PM'd back and forth and thanked him for not throwing me under the bus and he responded in kind.  You're arrogant and I don't like arrogant people, and I could care less about getting help from you.  I won't ask you in the future.  Learn how to interact with people without cutting them down.  You don't even know me to say that s.  99% of the time I don't do that to other people unless that 1% percent is over the top.  I respect people and hope to get it back. Again if you don't like it then don't comment.  Maybe you have too much time on your hands.
2016 Kaw C14
2008 Kaw C14
1980 Honda CB650

Offline jmozg1400

• Tricycle
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 01:32:29 pm »
Yes, there are some forum participants who are, how shall I put it, "strongly and passionately opinionated" and not afraid to let you know it.  Don't worry about it, you'll get used to it.

Oh this will be fun.  I can play that.  Question is if I want to.  s  I can throw down with the best of them. 
2016 Kaw C14
2008 Kaw C14
1980 Honda CB650

Offline JimBob

• Sport Tourer
  • Woman...WHOAAAA MAN!
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 02:31:24 pm »
Given the attitude you BEGAN with on the other thread, you have no leg to stand on regarding name calling.

You started crap, and are now complaining you got crap thrown back at you?

Please, tell me where your “business” is, so I know to never go there.

Offline seagiant1

• Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 11323
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 04:00:35 pm »
Hi,
       LOL! ;D

I was on a Subaru Forum one time.

A Gentleman there made a rude comment on my post's punctuation.....

And, or about my Education in general.

I assured him, I had the best Government, High School Education, that the great state of Georgia, could provide!

I also have that, inbred, Southern, anti-authority Gene, which raised it's ugly head. :(

Admittedly, the thread went South, after that! ::)

I think a good thing to remember while behind a keyboard, is to talk to people, as if....

They are standing in front of you??? :great:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 04:04:23 pm by seagiant1 »
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it"
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Offline AmphibSailor

• Hooligan
  • Street Cruiser
  • Ted calls me Cap'n Crunch.
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 12210
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 04:08:33 pm »
 :iagree:  I re-read the thread and can see it from both perspectives. 

IMHO, you really cannot read a person unless he/she is in front of you.  Folks, please give these fellows a break and let it go.  :beerchug:
09 Concours aka 'The Cruncher:' Corbin Canyon Dual Sport (Laam for longer trips, Laam modded Corbin Modular with Smuggler for mid-length trips), Top Blocks, Penske 8983, Traxxion AK20s, Helibars Horizon ST bars w/Galfer SS +6 cables, MRA Vario Touring Windscreen/Madstad brackets (Copper Dawg sport screen for summer), Area P full system, throttle tamer, Steve's Flash.

Offline oldnslo_MO

• Mini Bike
  • COG#: 9924
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 05:40:43 pm »
i'm confused, thought this was a site about motorcycles.not dr phil... :??:
happy trails  2016 concours14,2010 bmw k1300ggt, 2015 bmw r1200rt, 09 concours14, 75 kawasaki H1   500cc*79 triumph bonneville750* 2 each  82su zuki gs1100e* 05 yamaha fz1 1100* 03 yamaha fz1 1100*01 goldwing 1800*97 goldwing 1500* 93 goldwing 1500* 80 kawasaki vulcan 1500*76 kawasaki kz650* 66 triumph Bonneville 650* 68 triumph tr 650* 72 norton commando750* 70 bsa rocket III 750*  68 hon cb350* 66 hon cb305*1960 BSA golden flash 500cc*1950 cushman

Offline Fred_Wa2gzw

• Road Bike
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 10400
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2017, 08:46:06 pm »
Welcome to the group. There are a few on here that are pretty abrasive.  Just let them be and hopefully they will go away. Unfortunately It won't be soon enough.

Modified after reading the thread.

WHOAAAAA!!!!  I just read the original thread, I know there are some jerks on here,  but it seems to me that you got a little aggressive.  Both Parties involved needs to be a little more humble on here. 

Fred
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 09:03:31 pm by Fred_Wa2gzw »

Offline ConcoursKZ

• Sport Tourer
  • COG#: 9812
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2017, 10:02:50 pm »
I picture some members sitting alone in a dark room lying in wait. Until a new person posts something that can be jumped on. They PM each other and race to see who can attack first and send the new guy packing. Many never return. I bet they put hash marks on there gas tanks.
2008 Concours ABS 1976 KZ 900 B1   CDA#387
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”

Offline Aneura

• Training Wheels
  • COG#: 10897
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2017, 10:32:52 pm »
 :popcorncouple:
----
2012 ZG1400CC
2003 CBR 1100XX Blackbird
AMA 2951985
Saint Johns, FL

Offline Deepsea

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 10376
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2017, 10:45:58 pm »
Really? FNG make a personal attack after being offered advice and this is how you guys react.

I'm out of here. ESFOD
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1 and Z-1R , Honda CB-650, C-14
El Mirage Record Holder A-BG 3000cc 11/83 184.049 mph  CDA#0438
(twin engine, twin turbo, Z-1)
Retired Navy Saturation Diver

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
  • COG#: 6977
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2017, 10:55:50 pm »
I picture some members sitting alone in a dark room lying in wait. Until a new person posts something that can be jumped on. They PM each other and race to see who can attack first and send the new guy packing. Many never return. I bet they put hash marks on there gas tanks.

Maybe it's not "kindler / gentler", but let's admit it, hazing in a male dominated environment has happened forever. It's not new, nor to this forum. Those who have been around awhile remember "bubba the lonmowr mekanik" that dude was hazed hard but he stuck it out and ended up doing OK.

Not commenting on the original issue of this thread, but just to KZ's post, quoted. Steve
C-14 ECU flashing for performance and rideability enhancement
C-10 Carb work , cams, & performance enhancements
 " Modifications for sport-tourers, BY a sport-tourer"
https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/home

Offline cuda

• Crotch Rocket
  • Ignorance Is Bliss.
  • COG#: 11405
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2017, 11:10:40 pm »
So you work on any kind of lawn mower ?

One of these weekends I'll drop my bike off / for valve check   :beerchug:
We have invented the world WE see .
It takes 20 years  to build a reputation and 5 minutes to lose it...   - Cog 11405

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2017, 11:37:46 pm »
Really? FNG make a personal attack after being offered advice and this is how you guys react.

I'm out of here. ESFOD

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Seeing as this thread has nothing to do with general C14 chat... it can be moved....easily...
and should be...

but, I'll add to the humor to lighten the mood Mike...

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW

Offline JimBob

• Sport Tourer
  • Woman...WHOAAAA MAN!
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2017, 12:02:33 am »

I'm out of here. ESFOD

With language like that (ESFOD), why would anyone here want you to stay? (For the curious, ESFOD means Eat S*it, F*ck Off And Die)

Did you even READ what YOU just wrote? “FNG makes a personal attack AFTER being offerered advice”. Yep - he started in on the club/members in his first post. He shoulda expected some blowback.

Were we all good, mature, adults? Nope. Some of us have the patience of a Reverend for people like that - some of us don’t.

He asked for help, then bit the hand that was trying to feed him. And then cried and took his toys home. He didn’t have good toys anyway...

Offline cra-z1000

• Crotch Rocket
  • Keeping it upright..
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 9790
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2017, 12:22:30 am »
Some of the most helpful people here catch an attitude now and then . COG also stands for cantankerous old goats....🤣 don't let it get to ya .
1987 C 10
80 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MK 2
74 Honda 750 four ss
73 Suzuki 550 triple
72 Honda 550 four

Offline Old Man on a Connie

• South West Area Director
  • Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • COG#: 9932
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2017, 12:29:53 am »
Locked rule #4 4- Flame baiting, flaming, being abusive,disrespectful, trolling, spamming or posting to incite or annoy is inconsistent with the spirit of COG.  If you cannot make a positive contribution to the thread, just stay out of it. In the event of a thread being reported for any of the above, a moderator may request the poster to self moderate their post, see 5 below.

"I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do, It's a Concours. A C14 '11 silver to be precise." OTP 2017 Traveler. It was a Blast Baby.