Author Topic: Installation of Buck's Touring Pegs  (Read 413 times)

Offline Jerdurr

• Road Bike
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Installation of Buck's Touring Pegs
« on: May 27, 2018, 01:56:03 pm »
Guys, long story short I just received in the mail a complete set of Buck's touring pegs i bought used. However, I cannot find the installation instructions or a tutorial on how to do so. No, they are not available on his website.

Does any charitable soul have it handy and can share it with me? Thanks a million!

Jer ;)
Best,

JD

--Harley Davidson is king when it comes to turning gas into smoke, without the outcome of power--

Offline ghostrider990

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 12649
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Installation of Buck's Touring Pegs
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 05:58:57 pm »
I have a set, but i'm not where I can get at the instructions.

I'll look as soon as I can, but I'm betting somebody will beat me to it.

It LOOKS complicated, but surprisingly easy.   :great:

You'll love 'em.

gr
..."I like to keep this handy -- for Close Encounters"...

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 06:19:08 pm »
Guys, long story short I just received in the mail a complete set of Buck's touring pegs i bought used. However, I cannot find the installation instructions or a tutorial on how to do so. No, they are not available on his website.

Does any charitable soul have it handy and can share it with me? Thanks a million!

Jer ;)

Why not go right to the source, Larry is very accomodating, and would send it via an email for sure... just send him an email, or call him..
http://forum.cog-online.org/buck-sport-touring/website-address/msg622109/#msg622109

His email, and all his phone numbers are in the contact area of his website above....
Also, from here,
If you click on the "letter" icon, on the left, below his name in his post, it is a direct email, which he will answer pretty quick.., or even the "p/m" icon, but you will need to give him your email, and contact info in a p/m, as it goes thru this forums messeging system, not a direct email.

Best of luck..
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 06:22:29 pm by MAN OF BLUES »

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline Old Man on a Connie

• South West Area Director
  • Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 9932
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 09:37:21 pm »
^^^^ Yep or hit him up with a question on the Industry Member child board.  :great:
"I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do, It's a Concours. A C14 '11 silver to be precise." OTP 2017 Traveler. It was a Blast Baby.

Offline Jerdurr

• Road Bike
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 07:46:37 pm »
Good idea MOB and Old Man, I just sent Larry an email, I hope he gets back to me.

However, I found out today that my shoulder is absolutely FUBAR after meeting the surgeon this AM (have been in an incredible amount of pain the last month); turns out I have a full 1.5 cm tear on my tendon + a possible infection in the joint, so I'm going in for emergency shoulder surgery tomorrow morning (in canada surgeries are usually programmed, so when they tell you they need to go in right away, it's a bit scary), so I won't be putting those pegs in for a while, at least until the shoulder is better.

Thanks again guys, and if any of you finds those instructions laying around somewhere, send 'em my way! :)
Best,

JD

--Harley Davidson is king when it comes to turning gas into smoke, without the outcome of power--

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 08:09:14 pm »
Good idea MOB and Old Man, I just sent Larry an email, I hope he gets back to me.

However, I found out today that my shoulder is absolutely FUBAR after meeting the surgeon this AM (have been in an incredible amount of pain the last month); turns out I have a full 1.5 cm tear on my tendon + a possible infection in the joint, so I'm going in for emergency shoulder surgery tomorrow morning (in canada surgeries are usually programmed, so when they tell you they need to go in right away, it's a bit scary), so I won't be putting those pegs in for a while, at least until the shoulder is better.

Thanks again guys, and if any of you finds those instructions laying around somewhere, send 'em my way! :)

Bummer... good luck with your surgery, I drop a note to Larry to get in touch with ya... I have his number on my cell phone... :rotflmao:
All good...
At least you have the uber awesome Canadian medical systems, here where I live, litterally in the "heart" of the best medecin in the USA
(Cleveland Ohio....) if I wanted to call someone on memorial day, for medicals, id get a machine... and even any other day, I wouldn't have a chance of a corrective action like you are looking at, till probably mid July....  and id be looking at $100k to correct it for certain..
(BTW, I have been living with shoulder issue same as yours for going on 4 years now... I won't let them cut me... I just use my other good arm to lift a glass, when needed....) :beerchug:

Best of luck, heal fast.

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline Larry_Buck_FL

• Industry Member
  • Road Bike
    • Buck Sport Touring
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 3451
  • Membership Level: Event Host
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 11:50:29 pm »
Thanks guys. Just sent the instructions to Jeremy.

Larry Buck - COG 3451, Retired SE-AD, now SE-AAD, Ex - Concourier C-10 Tech Editor, COG National Safety Officer, IBA 5581, MSF-Rider Coach, Forum moderator.

Buck Sport Touring-"Ride Far" www.bucksporttouring.com

Offline Jerdurr

• Road Bike
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 10:04:41 am »

Bummer... good luck with your surgery, I drop a note to Larry to get in touch with ya... I have his number on my cell phone... :rotflmao:
All good...
At least you have the uber awesome Canadian medical systems, here where I live, litterally in the "heart" of the best medecin in the USA
(Cleveland Ohio....) if I wanted to call someone on memorial day, for medicals, id get a machine... and even any other day, I wouldn't have a chance of a corrective action like you are looking at, till probably mid July....  and id be looking at $100k to correct it for certain..
(BTW, I have been living with shoulder issue same as yours for going on 4 years now... I won't let them cut me... I just use my other good arm to lift a glass, when needed....) :beerchug:

Best of luck, heal fast.

Thx Rich, you are awesome man!
Best,

JD