Author Topic: It's about time!  (Read 2574 times)

Offline Syxxphive

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12672
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: It's about time!
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2017, 05:51:31 pm »
Everyone rides their own pace and it never ruins anything.

I was more concerned about going beyond my abilities and wrecking. That would pretty much ruin it for me! I'm sure I'm overthinking things though. If I don't work Saturday, I'll probably join up.

Offline Old Man on a Connie

• South West Area Director
  • Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • COG#: 9932
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2017, 05:58:58 pm »
Everyone rides their own pace and it never ruins anything.

I was more concerned about going beyond my abilities and wrecking. That would pretty much ruin it for me! I'm sure I'm overthinking things though. If I don't work Saturday, I'll probably join up.
By all means. Stop by and if nothing else shake some hands and share some knowledge. We have riders of all skill levels with no pressure. Ride your ride.  :great: :beerchug:
"I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do, It's a Concours. A C14 '11 silver to be precise." OTP 2017 Traveler. It was a Blast Baby.

Offline Syxxphive

• Training Wheels
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2017, 09:03:15 pm »
Who's done they're own fork seals? The FSM says I'll need to pull out the cartridge. In looking at the diagram, I don't think the cartridge has to come out unless I want clean it out with solvent or what not. I know I'll need a spring compressor of some sort and a threaded rod to pull up the on dampening rod to put the cap back on. I can easily make those at work, same with a seal driver. Anyone know what thread is on the rod? And if I really do need to pull the cartridge completely?

• Officer
  • Iron Butt
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2017, 10:36:35 pm »
Who's done they're own fork seals? The FSM says I'll need to pull out the cartridge. In looking at the diagram, I don't think the cartridge has to come out unless I want clean it out with solvent or what not. I know I'll need a spring compressor of some sort and a threaded rod to pull up the on dampening rod to put the cap back on. I can easily make those at work, same with a seal driver. Anyone know what thread is on the rod? And if I really do need to pull the cartridge completely?
I have the tools. Currently in possession of NOTSLUGGO. Pretty sure he will ship to you. Spring compression tool, cap removal and oil level syringe tool as well as the center rod bleeding tool. All I ask is that you join the club and forward to those members that may need them in the future. These tools are mine. I got them from a raffle at the Idaho National from Traxxion Dynamics. Good folks. Paying it forward. So far me, NOTSLUGGO and DENVER6 have benefitted from these. 37 bucks for a year is a deal. Over 150 bucks worth of tooling. What say you young stud?
"I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do, It's a Concours. A C14 '11 silver to be precise." OTP 2017 Traveler. It was a Blast Baby.

Offline Syxxphive

• Training Wheels
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2017, 11:17:16 pm »
I have the tools. Currently in possession of NOTSLUGGO. Pretty sure he will ship to you. Spring compression tool, cap removal and oil level syringe tool as well as the center rod bleeding tool. All I ask is that you join the club and forward to those members that may need them in the future. These tools are mine. I got them from a raffle at the Idaho National from Traxxion Dynamics. Good folks. Paying it forward. So far me, NOTSLUGGO and DENVER6 have benefitted from these. 37 bucks for a year is a deal. Over 150 bucks worth of tooling. What say you young stud?

Definitely sounds like a great deal. Been meaning to join up up anyhow, just haven't gotten around to it. Nows as good a time as any. I'll pay up and get in touch with Notsluggo to get them coming. Thanks OldMan. I may pick up the seal driver from motion pro and throw it in the box for the next guy.

• Officer
  • Iron Butt
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2017, 11:24:39 pm »
Stand up Brother! Stand Up! FYI a piece of PVC pipe and a hose clamp work great for a seal driver. Pass it on.  :great: :beerchug:

Offline Syxxphive

• Training Wheels
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2017, 11:28:30 pm »
Yeah, I've seen the PVC trick, and they work. But there's nothing like the ease of using the dedicated special tool.

All paid up!

• Officer
  • Iron Butt
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2017, 11:41:11 pm »
Yeah, I've seen the PVC trick, and they work. But there's nothing like the ease of using the dedicated special tool.

All paid up!
Spankin'  :great: :beerchug: :motonoises:

Offline Deepsea

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 10376
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2017, 01:09:54 am »
"Spankin" is that going to be on the page next to the "Cheek to cheek" picture? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1 and Z-1R , Honda CB-650, C-14
El Mirage Record Holder A-BG 3000cc 11/83 184.049 mph  CDA#0438
(twin engine, twin turbo, Z-1)
Retired Navy Saturation Diver

• Officer
  • Iron Butt
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2017, 01:41:35 am »
"Spankin" is that going to be on the page next to the "Cheek to cheek" picture? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Dick  :beerchug: :))

Offline Syxxphive

• Training Wheels
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2017, 09:57:39 pm »
Just spent the afternoon replacing my fork seals. What a PITA job without a lift, a garage, or even a workbench! But got it done. No more leaks and everything cleaned up nice and shiny. Who knew that forks were supposed to be so shiny?!