Author Topic: Ivans New reflash for the Concours 14  (Read 14597 times)

Offline Alan_Yucius_FL

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 10583
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Ivans New reflash for the Concours 14
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2017, 04:09:02 pm »
 :popcorncouple:      :ecomcity: :ecomcity: :ecomcity:    Ivan & RC  same person????

Offline Bilbur

• Bicycle
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2017, 04:51:21 pm »
:popcorncouple:      :ecomcity: :ecomcity: :ecomcity:    Ivan & RC  same person????

No they're definitely different guys. Roland Cannon and Ivan Rovinsky.

Offline Deepsea

• Living large in the land of Hansel & Gretel
  • Crotch Rocket
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2017, 06:31:15 pm »
I'd sure like to hear from Ivan about all this. Still waiting for rcannon to respond to my last post.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 11:02:50 pm by Deepsea »
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1 and Z-1R , Honda CB-650, C-14
El Mirage Record Holder A-BG 3000cc 11/83 184.049 mph  CDA#0438
(twin engine, twin turbo, Z-1)
Retired Navy Saturation Diver

Offline Old Man on a Connie

• South West Area Director
  • Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • COG#: 9932
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2017, 11:28:29 pm »
Ease up Gent's. Take a breath. The man is trying to right some wrongs. The verbiage may not be acceptable and there are more questions, but the man is trying. Remember the written word is open for interpretation. And Steve, I commend you for your even attitude and replies.  :beerchug: Commendable and noteworthy.
"I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do, It's a Concours. A C14 '11 silver to be precise." OTP 2017 Traveler. It was a Blast Baby.

Offline LakeTrax

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: North Central Area
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2017, 09:51:02 pm »
I ran every version of Steve's flashes on my C14(except the full AreaP) and I was nothing but satisfied with all of them. Steve's communication, business practices, and final products are as good as it gets-

I also know that Ivan does good work... but showing up second to any game always comes with inherent obstacles.

The only thing I wish I could have gotten out of Steve that it appears Ivan offers is another 500rpm before the rev-limiter kicks in. :motonoises:..... >:(

Sorta anxious to see if Ivan grenades any C14 engines by raising the limiter or if Steve is doing just as he says... erring on the side of caution. Probably smart-

Carry on.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 04:28:22 am by LakeTrax »

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
  • COG#: 6977
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2017, 10:25:27 pm »
I ran every version of Steve's flashes on my C14(except the full AreaP) and I was nothing but satisfied with all of them. Steve's communication, business practices, and final products are as good as it gets-

I also know that Ivan does good work... but showing up second to any game always comes with inherent obstacles.

The only thing I wish I could have gotten out of Steve that it appears Ivan offers is another 500rpm before the rev-limiter kicks in. :motonoises:..... >:(

Sorta anxious to see if Ivan grenades any C14 engines by raising the limiter or if Steve is doing just as he says... airing on the side of caution. Probably smart-

Carry on.

It's the law of unintended consequences. There will be more coming from me on this soon. Steve
C-14 ECU flashing for performance and rideability enhancement
C-10 Carb work , cams, & performance enhancements
 " Modifications for sport-tourers, BY a sport-tourer"
https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/home

Offline Deepsea

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2017, 10:28:34 pm »
It was my understanding that you could have gotten that extra 500rpm. It was/is available but not recommended. What do you gain between 10.5k and 11k? Not much since both Hp and Tq are going down. I talked with Steve about this some months back trying to eek out the last bit for LSR when you're pushing 120 psfoot of air pressure, or 175 mph and up. Decided against it. Very little to no benefit for more risk to reciprocating parts. If you ride close to or at Red Line often this is a wear factor and impacts engine life. Over the years I've torn down literally 100's of engines. Both my own and others as Tech Inspector for record verification and Protests. When AMA/DragBike still existed as a sanctioning body I was one of the West Coast Event Directors and Senior Tech Director. If you remove the Head I could look at the valves, cylinders and pistons and tell you if the engine had been routinely run at or close to redline.
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1 and Z-1R , Honda CB-650, C-14

Offline LakeTrax

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2017, 12:22:40 am »
What do you gain between 10.5k and 11k?

Nothing... besides getting to ride out a few super-sweet power-wheelies in 1st & 2nd gear a little longer.  :)

Offline Deepsea

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2017, 01:17:02 am »
Wheelies are fun, although I've never had to wind it that tight to "Keep it up" :nananana: :nananana: ;)

Offline LakeTrax

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2017, 03:34:06 am »
Coming from the guy ^^^ trying to hit how many ???mph on a C14?... :truce:

All I know is... my flash works with and/or without both saddlebags.  ;D

:beerchug:

Offline Deepsea

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2017, 04:24:59 am »
Well.......200 would be the magic number. :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: Don't think I'm going to get there on salt or dirt, maybe a runway >:D  but that don't count for me.
If, actually when, I give up on "Stock" class the new goal will be 207.045 in modified, partial streamlined. There is no stock, partial streamlined because it's "Stock".

I have wound some engines pretty tight, but never to "Keep it up" :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
I got some broken pistons and a "Bent rod" :nananana: [size=78%] to show for it.[/size]

Offline LakeTrax

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2017, 05:09:34 am »
Funny you mention runway...

Profile pic is of my C14 perched on the now-closed Sellar's Air Field in Olive Hill, KY.

'They' let the pavement deteriorate for years and eventually closed it to ALL traffic not too long ago...
Still cool to take a peek in the old quonset-hut hangars tho- :great:

More wind-tunnel history here:
http://www.matthewbsellers.com/mobilepage.php?pagenumber=3

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 9616
« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2017, 11:09:58 pm »
138 was stock, stock muffler.stock. Here again, like I've said many times, you can't race dyno charts. And in the light of full disclosure, i removed my original two runs done on Chris Jones' dyno because I couldn't closely replicate them on my dyno. In that chart, my bike did a best of 128 stock and 142 with my flash on the stock muffler.A 14 hp gain. My dyno does not show that much gain, so in the interest of moving all future work onto my dyno I posted the stock vs evo chart you linked to. I'm also flattered that you and Ivan have taken such an interest in running my work down, apparently I struck a sensitive spot... And imagine, I did that with my first flash! Steve

Steve, this is copied from your web site....

"""See the dyno run below "stock Vs Evolution"; the evolution flash was built and depicted with an area P slipon, but all slipon's will have comparable performance. If you look at the torque traces, you'll see the Evolution flash has apx the same torque at 3000 rpm as the stock flash has at 5000 rpm, and more power everywhere. Not insignificant. """"""

Your site is confusing to me as the text above says that you are comparing just the flash....

Nowhere does it say that the comparison is an all stock bike vs. a bike with a slip-on and your flash.

I believe this is what caused all the drama.

Steve,
With the above in mind,

No matter what I  have said, or what I have posted, it has nothing to do with how the text, or the charts on your web site are interpreted, or displayed.

How many other people that you bought your ecu flash thought the gains shown on your dyno chart were only from your ecu flash and nothing else?

I know that I can’t be the only one in the world that reads you site this way.
To me, there is no misinterpreting what the text on your site reads, no matter how I read it, I always read it as; “You are claiming that it’s just the flash that is shown in your chart”

Maybe you can explain it better for everyone?

Do you think that the text on your site should be edited immediately to explain clearly what the chart actually shows?

People have an enormous attention to detail for the things that are important to them, and also about what others write, being vague in judgement of themselves or their friends, maybe a little look in the mirror for the sake of everyone else?

For me, I’m sorry for writing offensively, but I’m not sorry for calling you out.

To me, your ecu flash page feels deceptive, and the fact that you haven’t corrected it, just means to me that you want it to remain that way. I'm sure that you did not rush through the text that you put on your own web site?

This bothers me a lot, and this is the reason that I didn’t spend my money with you.   

RC
Ivans Ecu reflash, Brembo front rotors

Offline Deepsea

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2017, 11:48:44 pm »
Wow, just wow. rcannon.
What do you not understand from this " the evolution flash was built and depicted with an area P slipon". Do you know what "Built and depicted" means?
Then this, "[size=78%] If you look at the torque traces, you'll see the Evolution flash has apx the same torque at 3000 rpm as the stock flash has at 5000 rpm, and more power everywhere. Not insignificant.[/size]

The Evolution Flash (as defined was built and depicted with an Area P slip-on) then compared to "Stock".  Nowhere is it implied that the Evolution graph was with a stock exhaust.

I just do NOT see where the confusion is.

I said it before, Steve is a stand up guy. I'll ask  again. Are you? And why do you keep digging this hole?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 11:51:54 pm by Deepsea »

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2017, 12:15:43 am »

Steve,
With the above in mind,

No matter what I  have said, or what I have posted, it has nothing to do with how the text, or the charts on your web site are interpreted, or displayed.

How many other people that you bought your ecu flash thought the gains shown on your dyno chart were only from your ecu flash and nothing else?

I know that I can’t be the only one in the world that reads you site this way.
To me, there is no misinterpreting what the text on your site reads, no matter how I read it, I always read it as; “You are claiming that it’s just the flash that is shown in your chart”

Maybe you can explain it better for everyone?

Do you think that the text on your site should be edited immediately to explain clearly what the chart actually shows?

People have an enormous attention to detail for the things that are important to them, and also about what others write, being vague in judgement of themselves or their friends, maybe a little look in the mirror for the sake of everyone else?

For me, I’m sorry for writing offensively, but I’m not sorry for calling you out.

To me, your ecu flash page feels deceptive, and the fact that you haven’t corrected it, just means to me that you want it to remain that way. I'm sure that you did not rush through the text that you put on your own web site?

This bothers me a lot, and this is the reason that I didn’t spend my money with you.   

RC

there is nothing misleading. I have gone to great pains to be forthright. you have a reading comprehension problem... that's not my fault.

Also, after 2 years of my posts here anyone with half a brain would understand that I think buying a flash because of a dyno chart is stupid. I post the charts only because everyone wants to see them, but they tell the reader NOTHING about the personality and subtleties of the tuning.

To be honest, guys who are so willfully ignorant that they only want to see dyno charts aren't the guys I want for customers. I want mature customers... folks who understand fine wine isn't about alcohol content, it's about the richness of it's body  :beerchug:

All that said, I'm GLAD you didn't buy my flash, because the intricacies of my work would have been wasted on you.

Please get off the crazy train, you're getting on my nerves.

If you really want to keep it up,. start by explaining the true nature of your relationship with Ivan, and the coincidence of you both realizing you'ld made a mistake when reading my dyno charts that led to both of you saying I was "less than truthful"... and interestingly you both used the same terminology. Another coincidence, perhaps.

Steve

Offline turbo-max

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 10445
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2017, 01:15:19 am »
sometimes...you just can't fix stupid  :c029:
turbo lag is a courteous head start!    ~Jeff H
99 c-10 "the purple monster"
01 c-10 undergoing turbofacation     
03 c-10 some mods...alot of miles
several other c-10's in pieces!

Offline Phil Parker - A real name

• Tricycle
  • COG#: Forum (W)
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2017, 01:45:47 am »
When I first read this post, I was pretty shocked at the attacks on Steve’s product, references to it all being about $$$$, and unfounded claims.  This Rcannon was seriously doing Ivan an injustice.  If I were him, just getting a product off the ground, I’d be horrified.  Steve was even bashed for having a lot of customers, with the dude saying, who cares if he has a lot of customers !!   That’s like buying a product on Amazon that has a ton of 5 Star Reviews vs one that has no reviews !!

Early on, I was not keen on anyone flashing my bikes Computer with a goal of only peeking out the engine for a fast run on a drag strip.  That’s not even remotely what I want in a tune.  I’ve gotten to know Steve on a personal level and I wanted to understand his philosophy of tuning because tuning a bike on a Dyno is good for Wide Open Throttle - and not good for anything below the curve.  When I first talked to him about his soon to be released Decel Verizon of his tune, I couldn’t believe the things he was saying.  He was the first tuner I heard saying the things I wanted to hear.  I knew this was the guy I wanted to tune my bike.   He and I hit it off and I was shocked he spent so much time educating me about tuning.  I even had to ask him - why are you spending so much time sharing this knowledge.  His response was, I can tell you get it and are wantvto learn.  I was so impressed right from the get go. 

I had my Decel Flash almost 2 years ago.  I think I have #2 on that one.  In about Oct last year, I heard rumor of a new Flash and called him.  He told me about what it did and how he achieved a something even better.  In Dec, he said he was ready, and if I’d like, I again would be one of the first to have the Evolution Flash.  I snapped at the opportunity and was stunned st how he moved the torque band down.  I got my Evo flash installed on Christmas Day and couldn’t wait to go get some milk, or any excuse to get out. This was my present and Boy was it a blast. 

I’ve got nearly 30,000 miles on Steve’s flash and I am constantly saying, this is the best performance value you can buy for this bike - bar none. 

To me, you can’t get better.  He has taken the time to tell me how he achieved his work - by making countless high speed runs in the middle of my home state of Florida and feeling every Gear and throttle position.  He did it the hard way - with the Dyno to prove his theories - not the other way around.  I use Steve’s products, because I trust and believe him.  More importantly, he’s a no b******* kind of guy.  He ask that I review the product and post my comments, and say whatever I wanted.  You’ve got to believe in your product to say that. 

I led a rally in the Carolina mountains in late May were we ran 2500 miles - just in the twists.  It’s there youvreally feel all of his hard work coming out.  There isn’t a moment where I roll on the throttle and don’t get a rush and think where that came from. 

Steve.  I couldn’t be happier.  Keep up your good work to this bike and the Concours community. 

Phil Parker

Offline Deepsea

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2017, 02:20:22 am »
rcannon,

I have a few questions for you. Please answer honestly and lets end this.

1. As Steve asked. What is your relationship to/with Ivan?
2. Did you corroborate with Ivan in any way regarding this thread?
3. Was Ivan aware of your initial posting at the time you posted it?
4. How many times did you query Steve about his flash while Ivan was developing his? Why?
5. Did you pass the information learned from Steve to Ivan?
6. Why was the page on Ivan's site taken down?
7. Did you really read the description on Steve's web site and think the Evolution graph insinuated it    was run with a stock exhaust when in fact it was with a slipon?
8. What did you think "Built and depicted" meant?
9. Please define what you think "Stock" means as it pertains to motorcycles.
10. What is/was your end goal pertaining to this thread?

Anxiously awaiting your answers.

Offline Deepsea

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2017, 02:53:43 am »
Steve,

It's pretty unusual for any vendor to have this kind of support. It really goes to show how your customer base feels toward you. You are in the rarified company of the Finest people I've every known. If you knew me you'd know just how short that list is and I've never actually met Steve.

Now if you can find a helmet big enough to fit enjoy the ride.

The above comments were unpaid and unsolicited. I will however accept any funds offered. :great:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 03:09:32 am by Deepsea »

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2017, 01:07:56 pm »
I  have no relationship with Ivan other than a happy paying customer.

I can't speak for Ivan's actions because I don't know.

A lot of you that have repli >:D >:Ded here tried to discredit and reject everything since my very first post about Ivan's work including my membership here,  posting email response from Ivan's business associates, assuming ivans customer service is inferior with nothing to back it up.

All unfounded negative with no other reason but to discredit.

BTW, my bike made 53mpg on the open road with this flash if I keep it under 75 mph.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 01:57:44 pm by rcannon409 »

Offline turbo-max

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2017, 02:01:32 pm »
rcannon,

you need to go somewhere else and p--s off people
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 02:04:42 pm by turbo-max, Reason: trying to keep it cleaanish »

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2017, 02:27:05 pm »

A lot of you that have repli >:D >:Ded here tried to discredit and reject everything since my very first post about Ivan's work including my membership here,  posting email response from Ivan's business associates, assuming ivans customer service is inferior with nothing to back it up.

All unfounded negative with no other reason but to discredit.

Yeah, it's everyone else's fault.

You might want to go back and see who actually made unfounded negative statements with no other reason to discredit.

And you may also look to see that I never even posted on this thread until you made claims about my business ethic and honesty.

In fact, if anyone on this thread has helped Ivan, it's been me.

Oh, and your fuel economy... quite good ... you could have had that 2 years ago, like all the rest of my clients have  :motonoises:

I'll say one thing for you Roland, at least you're not a Quitter  :-[

Steve

Offline Deepsea

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2017, 03:37:50 pm »
Roland,
  Thank you for answering questions #1 and 6.
I have made no a**-u-me s in this conversation, can't speak for anyone else. I asked the 10 questions to clarify the salient points specifically to avoid those a**-u-me umptions.
  Are you going to answer the other 8 questions or shall we just let this whole issue die? Perhaps letting go at this point is for the best. Enough has been said to cause some hurt all around. Lets move on and do what we do best, Ride our Bikes and have fun with friends.

Michael

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2017, 12:44:05 pm »
Deepsea, I'm good with letting it die.... hopefully everyone else feels the same as you.

Ivan does not discuss what reflash he is going to release, or not going
to release.  He listed in black on this page just below the list of bikes.

http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/ecu.htm

I had no idea this new reflash was available until I saw it on his site. 

Offline turbo-max

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2017, 02:54:59 pm »
Deepsea, I'm good with letting it die.... hopefully everyone else feels the same as you.

nope,i don't feel the same.
 you started bad shizit and never properly apologized for your lies and calling another member on here a liar, imo you are a jerk that suffers from "little mans syndrome" but that's just my personal opinion.