Author Topic: J&M CB Install - 2015 C14 ABS  (Read 228 times)

Offline mqqn

• Tricycle
    • iammoon.com
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 12607
  • Membership Level: Active
J&M CB Install - 2015 C14 ABS
« on: September 02, 2017, 05:42:59 pm »
Has anyone done an install of the J&M CB radio on a 2015 ABS Concours?

I received the kit and am trying to install - and hit a snag the very first thing - the "push to talk" lever interferes with the upper part of the left control pod when the CB is mounted.

The mounting bracket shows "2008 - 2013" on the label, but this is the kit that was sent to me.

I checked the web site where I purchased the install kit and CB and they don't offer a different bracket.

I wanted to check with the COG folks before I call the company - maybe someone has some tips for mounting the CB - and routing wires etc - could not find much with the search of the forums.

best

mqqn

1997 C10 - Fat Bastard
2015 C14 - Fast Bastard

Offline seagiant1

• Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 11323
Re: J&M CB Install - 2015 C14 ABS
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 06:35:22 pm »
Hi,
       I just did (another) CB Install in my truck!

Might ask these guys a question!

Some pretty smart cookies, on CB Radio, there!!!

http://www.worldwidedx.com/forums/general-cb-services-discussion.131/
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it"
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Offline mqqn

• Tricycle
    • iammoon.com
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 12607
Re: J&M CB Install - 2015 C14 ABS
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 11:18:00 pm »
Well I solved that issue with a couple pieces of trimmed rubber between the CB unit and the mounting bracket, and some longer screws (5mm) to take up the difference.

Next up - removing the fairing pieces to see if I can route the wiring under the tank without removing it.

Also looks like some stuff is coming off the rear of the bike to get access to the switched accessory wires that live up under the rear cowl.

I also have some Canyon Cages to install - getting all this farkling done in prep for a ride down through Ok, Tx, La, Ar, Al, Ms....

Should be fun -

Thank you for the link, Seagiant - I will be doing a CB install in my 2006 Colorado soon, so that will come in very handy.

best

mqqn

1997 C10 - Fat Bastard
2015 C14 - Fast Bastard