Author Topic: Slip on vs stock muffler  (Read 1857 times)

Offline ConcoursKZ

• Sport Tourer
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: Slip on vs stock muffler
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2018, 02:33:10 pm »
That's really a personal decision.  I have Steve's flash and I highly recommend it.  Steve has supported the COG community for several years. Do some research on this forum and see for yourself.  I feel I can vouch for Steve's character and integrity but I don't have any good things to say about Ivan.

While I appreciate the kind words, and despite all the water under the bridge, I have never heard anything bad about Ivan's work or his customer service.  While he and I may have different approaches and goals in what we do, at least he's put the work in, which is more than I can say for any other flashes I know of.

Steve

The two of you should collaborate on a super flash! Call it the STIVAN FLASH! Get to work and release it at the national.
2008 Concours ABS 1976 KZ 900 B1   CDA#387
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”

Offline Upstate Pete

• Bicycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2018, 12:51:32 am »
First off to Wolverine.
I'm using the PC-V map M17-22-001 setting on my downloads.
it says:
"2010 Kawasaki ZG1400
Stock exhaust
Stock air filter"

I have a 1012 ZG 1400 CCF

Like I said, my plugs are Close to perfect with two brothers M5- titanimun and P1X silencer and K&N air filter.

Others may cry "but you'll run lean at 100% throttle!" All I have to say to that is "I'm Not" and "Who has the balls to run for more than a couple seconds at 100% throttle on a Concours on a public road?"

As far as ECO mode goes. and I'm no expert on the matter. I've always assumed the PC-V takes whatever input the stock ECU sends it and adjusts according to the given map. All I know is I haven't set up any "switch or secondary map" but the ECO mode trigger still leans the mapping out when I pull and hold it for the two seconds prescribed in users manual.

Offline AmphibSailor

• Hooligan
  • Crotch Rocket
  • I am what I am and that's all that I am!
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 12210
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2018, 02:06:00 am »
Pete, the 09 does not have an eco mode.   I set my PCV up with a secondary map that I used as an eco mode.  The switch was used to trigger the map change on the PCV.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 03:13:31 am by AmphibSailor »
09 Concours aka 'The Cruncher:' Corbin Canyon Dual Sport (Laam for longer trips, Laam modded Corbin Modular with Smuggler for mid-length trips), Top Blocks, Penske 8983, Traxxion AK20s, Helibars Horizon ST bars w/Galfer SS +6 cables, MRA Vario Touring Windscreen/Madstad brackets (Copper Dawg sport screen for summer), Area P full system, throttle tamer, Steve's Mountain Runner Flash.  

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2018, 04:21:59 pm »
Pete, the 09 does not have an eco mode.   I set my PCV up with a secondary map that I used as an eco mode.  The switch was used to trigger the map change on the PCV.
I have a Power Commander WITH AutoTune Option that fits the 08 and 09 models...for sale
Normally aspirated engines have perpetual turbo lag
2000 Red C10 1052 kit 100+HP  + way more torque.
2008  C14 Silver Dammit Full AreaP- Flies are put back in SISF_Flash
2011  KLR650   688 piston ported and polished
2011  KTM 530    This thing is FUN!!