Author Topic: Lost Fobs & The Insurance Company  (Read 247 times)

Offline Bud

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Lost Fobs & The Insurance Company
« on: October 19, 2018, 10:06:35 pm »
So I've been reading about a rash of lost or damaged KIPASS fobs and the search for some sort of solution that didn't involve giving up your first born.  I suggested that maybe lock out coverage or something having to do with comprehensive coverage that might pay for this problem.  I talked to a friend that has worked for State Farm for 25 years and her response was you are SOL.  I called my local independent agent and asked what would happen.  He called Progressive and their response was that you are SOL.  I'll take that as what is gonna happen industry wide and call it a day.  So for anyone that has considered this, there is your answer.  There are lots of loopholes around........and I look for them every chance I get! ;D

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Lost Fobs & The Insurance Company
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 10:35:21 pm »
I asked Geico this a few years ago.. they basically said if the bike was 'damaged due to attempted theft" (i.e. ignition switch, ecu) and I have full covereage, the damage is covered..considering my deductable...

but lost fobs only, SOL...
so, the only answer is, if the Ign sw was destroyed, it's a MAYBEthing...

I'm not saying destroy the switch tho... :-X :great:

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline smithr1

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 6197
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Re: Lost Fobs & The Insurance Company
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 05:45:03 pm »
The best thing I can suggest is to be sure you have the small $35 immobilizer fob as a backup and if you have to start using it because you lost the other... Tie it to your belt loop so you can't loose it too.  If you can't get a replacement for a decent price, $298 retail, just buy another small one and leave one tied to your pants. 
---
Bob Smith (smithr)
Austin, Texas baby!
2010 Kawasaki Concours, Midnight Blue
COG 6197, CDA 107