Author Topic: lost transponder  (Read 348 times)

Offline heartscrub

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
lost transponder
« on: February 05, 2018, 12:15:26 am »
The spare key wasn't where it was supposed to be and I can't locate my "key number".  I'm screwed, aren't I? All I can find is my title.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 12:18:51 am by heartscrub »

Offline RWulf

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 7122
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: lost transponder
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 05:10:53 am »
Watch a locksmith at the Cortez national take the gas cap off
and make a key from it.

Offline AmphibSailor

• Hooligan
  • Street Cruiser
  • I am what I am and that's all that I am!
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 12210
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 12:15:37 pm »
The spare key wasn't where it was supposed to be and I can't locate my "key number".  I'm screwed, aren't I? All I can find is my title.
I assume you've lost both the active FoB(s) and the Immobilizer (if you had one).  If you had the immobilizer you could take it and the bike down to the dealer to get a new active FoB made.  You just need to be able to turn the bike on in order to let KDS get access to program new FoBs.

If you have neither, then it will be expensive to get you going.
09 Concours aka 'The Cruncher:' Corbin Canyon Dual Sport (Laam for longer trips, Laam modded Corbin Modular with Smuggler for mid-length trips), Top Blocks, Penske 8983, Traxxion AK20s, Helibars Horizon ST bars w/Galfer SS +6 cables, MRA Vario Touring Windscreen/Madstad brackets (Copper Dawg sport screen for summer), Area P full system, throttle tamer, Steve's Flash.  

Offline TimR

• Global Moderator
  • Iron Butt
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 9032
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 12:33:50 am »
Watch a locksmith at the Cortez national take the gas cap off
and make a key from it.

A locksmith should be able to help you. There are two types of keys for these things. An "A" and "B". They look the same but the difference is like a Ford Ignition vs. a trunk key. The flats are different sides so they can't go into the wrong slot. Or something like that.

I would order one of each blank to be safe. Also be aware if you have a working FOB the key number is also stamped on the stove key.
Blue 1975 Z1B 900, Red 09 C14     I might not be perfect but at least I don't ride a Suzuki