Author Topic: lowering options  (Read 832 times)

Offline Bucky

• Bicycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 10496
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
lowering options
« on: August 11, 2012, 10:32:59 pm »
I am interested in lower my 2012 Connie a little I know there are a few seat options could some of you that have them tell me which seat you have and how you like it.
Also is they a lowering link type option?

Thanks

Offline Gypsy JR

• American Gypsy
  • I Need a Life
  • Living the Gypsy Life
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 9279
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: lowering options
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 10:44:47 pm »
I insist on using my Baldwin GT because it is so darn comfortable. But with a short inseam I have trouble getting more than toes on the ground.

So I am putting Muzzy lowering links on, and dropping the front end an inch.

That should give me better footing. Right now stopping on uneven and/or slanted pavement is not a good idea.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017 Forest River Flagstaff Super-V 27VRL travel trailer
Where are you? [insert random forest name]

Offline Stubby

• Scooter
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 10847
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 01:25:12 pm »
I too have short legs and with the Corbin seat it's better not the best but a lot better. I still have to slide my butt over to one side to pick a leg to stand on but for now I will stay away from the lowering kits. I like the handling the way it is and I don't want to change it with lowering it just my 2cents.
"It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask for permission"

Offline bleaves

• Bicycle
  • If you have to ask why I ride, just nevermind
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 01:55:50 pm »
I also would like to lower the bike an inch or two especially on the back end but I see where it says you can't ride a passenger after you do it. I don't want the seat lower since i'm 6' with a 34" inseam and my legs are already bunched up close enough. Also looked at lowering the driver footpegs but then you have to lower the brake pedal and shifter along with replacing the center stand. I'm taking my time on modifications since this bike is new (12) and I'm learning to ride a completely different ride than on the goldwing. I've installed risers and throttle lock so far that have really helped. I have an air horn and will be installing it in a couple of weeks.

Offline Phil

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 9813
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 11:00:47 pm »
I purchased my 2010 with 1500 miles on it and the original owner used the lowering links. I can not find any fault with them EXCEPT I have to place a 1" board on the floor for the rear tire to sit on otherwise I can not raise it on the centerstand. To be able to flat foot my bike easily it's a very worthwhile trade-off.

regards
phillip