Author Topic: Manual Cam Chain Adjusters  (Read 152 times)

Offline Daveg

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Manual Cam Chain Adjusters
« on: August 07, 2017, 10:56:16 pm »
New to the forum guys. Just got a 2011 Connie with 32k miles on it. Have gone through the forum looking for things to look for that may be a problem. So far all is good with the bike. I want to replace the stock cam chain adjuster with a manual type. I've been on ebay and the APE store but find nothing for the 2011 model 1400 engine. I'm sure the correct part is out there just need to find the right people who know what they are talking about and know which adjuster to get. ANY AND ALL HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED... Thanks Daveg

Offline gpd323

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: Manual Cam Chain Adjusters
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 11:38:04 pm »
I am sure someone knows, on my 2006 ZX14 replacing the CCT for a manual one was the best noise reduction in history. My ZX14 rattled all the time but at about 45K miles it would not shut up. I  installed an APE and its been quiet for 40K miles I do adjust it a bit from time to time. Not sure but the old ZX14 motor in the current C14 is the same except for the VVT so I would assume that an APE for the 2006-2011 ZX14 will work. I am sure MOB and SISF will chime in.....
Greg Downing
Beautiful Downtown Spanaway
Washington State

Ride while you can.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Manual Cam Chain Adjusters
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 12:01:54 am »
I'll chime in...
I'll ask, why do you want to replace it?
Is it working?
If it.ceases.to work, I might consider it, but until that time, id stick with the oem one... especially if your bike has warranty left on it....

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW