Author Topic: Mouse Reminder - Cooler weather  (Read 883 times)

Offline Fred_Harmon_TX

• COG Technical Editor
  • Industry Member
  • Iron Butt
    • Angel Ride Videos
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 2170
  • Membership Level: Active
Mouse Reminder - Cooler weather
« on: October 17, 2009, 06:16:00 pm »
This is the time of year mice start looking for shelter and coming into garages and making nests inside of vehicles.    You would be wise to put some freshly baited traps around your garage so you can catch them BEFORE they do damage and chew up your wiring.  
Fred H.

Thanksgiving Sale in Effect now!  Concours 1400 Maintenance Videos 
http://www.angelridevideos.com

Offline GSGSXJay

• Scooter
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 5374
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 09:59:00 pm »
Good advice.  I remember going for the tools that are strapped down in the back of the cowling of my GS1100 and finding a big pile of sunflower seed shells.  The cowling has a "door" with a finger hole in it which is the perfect size for a mouse to get through.  Luckily this area was just a hiding place to feed and no damage was done to wiring.      Peanut butter works really good as a bait field mice.  
Jay COG 5374  1995 ZG1000A10  1978, 79 GS1000EN  Shaft or chain I love em the same

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 7134
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 09:02:00 am »
I also posted this on the other site (first)      Funny you posted this Fred. I just came up stares from an episode. I heard my wife scream. She tells me there's a mouse in the kitchen sink. Of course I was thinking, it's that time of year. So I walk over and there the little b@$tard is right in the sink. So I turn on the water and smack him an water blasted him into the garbage disposal. Of course you all know that I hit the on switch. Wallah, no more mouse!  :p    Bionic Bob  COG & AMA member  First C14 CDA member #0220  2008 C14 & 2003 Mean Streak  

Offline Juscruizn

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 04:32:00 pm »
Fred,    Way to go.  That is the funniest story I have heard in a long time.      Reed