Author Topic: MY 2018 Concours 14...  (Read 3101 times)

Offline S Smith

• Northeast Area Director
  • Officer
  • I Need a Life
    • COG Northeast Area Home Page
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 3184
  • Membership Level: Administrator
Re: MY 2018 Concours 14...
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2017, 09:51:23 am »
The Kawasaki USA dealer show happens sometime mid-late September... guess we'll know soon enough.

| Steve Smith | COG #3184 | MSF/CONREP RC |

There is more to be gained by members raising hands saying "I'll do that" instead of pointing fingers saying "nobody's doing that."

Offline Grant

• HOTROD TRUCKS & BIKES
  • Bicycle
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 12666
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2017, 02:00:54 am »
The C-10 lasted for 20 years you all have 10 years to go!!! LMAO, I am not laughing at you I am laughing with you... The local dealer I am working with to purchase a 2016 did say the 2018 will not have ride by wire nor cruise control...
2005 C10, 2016 C14 and a work in progress custom V-TWIN pro Street.

Offline ghostrider990

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 12649
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2017, 10:55:17 am »
Perhaps, in the future, Kaw will produce water-down version of sporty C14 for amenity connoisseurs. Perhaps it will become Honda Accord of motorcycles.

Cheers...

There already IS a watered-down version of the c14....it's called the FJR!!  :rotflmao:

I don't see anything wrong with updating the gear and accoutrements on the C14, and still maintaining a "sportier"edge than the competition.  Even the most basic commuter bikes are equipped standard with CC nowadays, but it's the advanced systems like TC, electronic shifters, and multiple ECU maps that really add a bonus to the package!
B/T, XM, and integrated comm. devices are just a bonus to me, and could be offered as upgraded trim options for those that didn't want them.
Personally -- I can't wait!  I mean, don't we ALL spend alot of $$$ simply adding all of these features on our  bikes AFTER the fact???

As soon as SOMEBODY (hello Aprilia?!) homologates a v4 SportTouring bike, I will be Audi 5000 for THAT platform.  We ALL have our own personal threshold for "whoredom", right?!   :beerchug:

gr
..."I like to keep this handy -- for Close Encounters"...

Offline flashback50

• Scooter
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2017, 10:30:20 pm »
The C-10 lasted for 20 years you all have 10 years to go!!! LMAO, I am not laughing at you I am laughing with you... The local dealer I am working with to purchase a 2016 did say the 2018 will not have ride by wire nor cruise control...

He probably told you that so you would buy now and not hold off. I bet he has no idea what the 2018 will be like. But I figure he is right. This genre of bike is old news. Adventure bikes are the new thing. I bet Kawi unveils a new ADV bike instead of updating the C14.  Too many of them still sitting unsold from prior years.

Offline seagiant1

• Sport Tourer
  • COG#: 11323
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2017, 12:32:47 am »
we have a resale value ? who knew.
whats a 2013 with 107,000 miles going for nowadays ?
Never mind I'm just gonna maintain it and see how long it well run.
enjoy  :great:
jay

Hi,
       There it is!!! ;D ;D ;D
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it"
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Offline olie

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2017, 01:03:45 am »
... and the dealer is right... be lucky you can still get a 2018 C14...Europe could get the 2017 model.... welcome to the Third World.

Offline Grant

• HOTROD TRUCKS & BIKES
  • Bicycle
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 12666
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2017, 10:30:29 am »
Sorry guys it's my fault, sport touring is something I just recently acquired an interest for and I am an odd duck. Everything I like is so passe, either on its way out (Oso last year) or so lost in the past the dinosaurs may have enjoyed it. LOL  In fact if the wife and I find something at Costco we like it will surely be discontinued never to be seen again.
The facts are sport touring is becoming a thing of the past, the masses have moved on to the adventure bikes. Being new to the sport touring scene and looking at buying a new c14 I decided I should at least ride the Honda ST and Yamaha FJR. In my quest to find either an st or an FJR I have found they are very rare not because they have all been bought up that because of very low production numbers.
We may not think so here because we are all gathered together but the facts are we are a very small Speck on the marketplace. In my opinion you are more likely to see the Concours disappear altogether then an all-new design model.
2005 C10, 2016 C14 and a work in progress custom V-TWIN pro Street.