Author Topic: New C14 2017 and Vances & Hines CSONE question  (Read 460 times)

Offline DanZX14

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
New C14 2017 and Vances & Hines CSONE question
« on: May 07, 2018, 05:00:15 pm »
I just bought a brand new C14 2017 and before I left the dealer with it, I had them put a CSONE black on it.
So the bike never went on the road with the potato launcher.

When I downshift to slow down using the engine, as soon as my rpm fall to 3500 to like 1800, the bike will burp!!!
Cant really say backfires, sounds more like the muffler is burping :)

It happens most of the time in first gear in that range of rpm.  Sometimes a little bit in second gear when I reach those rpm but much more in 1st gear.

Now, I dont really mind. It's a nice rumble sound  :)
But was just wondering if it's normal as I remember driving one during the demo ride with the potato launcher and it was not doing that.

Still have not flashed the ECU which would most likely fix this ?   But in the meantime..... Am I worrying for nothing and should just enjoy it  :great:

Offline ZXtasy

• Road Bike
  • It rides the bike or it gets the lotion!
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 12569
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: New C14 2017 and Vances & Hines CSONE question
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 06:00:00 pm »
That is normal, harmless? decel popping from freeing up the exhaust flow with the CS one.

However, if you were to record it and then play it backwards at 1/10 speed, it is your engine saying, "Flash me please, flash me please....."
2013 ZG-1400, 2005 ZX-10R (Nekkid), 2012 TW-200, 1999 TW-200....and more to come.

Offline MikeS_PA

• Tricycle
  • COG#: 12244
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 02:31:09 pm »
So true with tunning I had that same slip-on before my full area p did not really get small popping noise with that slip-on  Diffinatly got it with the Area P even with Don Guhls flash now with Ivans it's gone so I am sure he can get it to sound good on decel That is a very good looking slip-on I just wanted all the power I can get with the full Area P

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 6977
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 07:21:47 pm »
 Are you talking about the little burble sound it gets off throttle? At that point the fuel has come back on and is firing slightly in front of the cat. Harmless.  Steve
C-14 ECU flashing for performance and rideability enhancement
C-10 Carb work , cams, & performance enhancements
 " Modifications for sport-tourers, BY a sport-tourer"
https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/home

Offline Bill

• Mini Bike
  • RUBY 2012
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 10540
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 11:03:49 am »
I replaced my exhaust with the same V&H as you on my 2012 and had the "burping" like you say.  Steve's  flash fixes that and I would take his advice...don't worry.

Bill

Offline DanZX14

• Tricycle
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 03:56:28 pm »
Yes Steve it's off throttle it happens mostly in 2nd gear and and everytime in 1st gear.
Let's say I raise my rpm to 4500 for a smooth down shift from 3rd to 2nd gear and while i just slow down using the engine braking as soon as the rpm hit 3500 its start until i reach 1500 to 1800 rpm.

Sometimes it back fire as well wven if I did not open the throttle yet.
Cant say it bugs me but was just trying to make sure it was normal and harmless until I send you my ECU.

Was more concern has it was not doing that with the other 2017 with stock muffler that I tried.  I never drove mine with the original muffler and it has 0.1 km when I drove off the dealer.