Author Topic: I miss my FOB or learning to live with regressive technology  (Read 870 times)

Offline BJ_CT

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 9058
  • Membership Level: Active
I miss my FOB or learning to live with regressive technology
« on: August 12, 2012, 08:16:33 pm »
No, I didn't get rid of the C14 but I did buy another car.  Since both my C14 and the Prius had fobs, I've forgotten how to dig the keys out of my pocket before I get behind the wheel.  Hopefully, the learning curve won't be too steep.  The moral of this story is to be careful what you wish for.  I HATE having to dig out keys now and, yes, I've been spoiled.
 :truce:

Offline Willie

• Bicycle
  • I wana Ride
    • Air Conditioning Spring Texas
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 10385
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
Re: I miss my FOB or learning to live with regressive technology
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 08:25:50 pm »
How does it feel driving a car with half the power of your bike?  :rotflmao:
Must be a steep learning curve.

Offline BDF

• Iron Butt
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: I miss my FOB or learning to live with regressive technology
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 12:43:28 am »
That's OK Bruce, odds are the next one will have a fob.

Soon enough we are going to have multiple fobs and they will start being a pain to carry. In the inevitable move to integrated technology, P.E.B. will be programmed to activate all of your vehicles as well as your house, act as credit card(s), a driver's license, personal identification, an EZ Pass toll transponder, the device that keeps track of your groceries while shopping and pay on the way out of the store, etc., etc. That is my theory of the Personal Electronic Box- it is inevitable and coming shortly I think. Sort of like a smart phone but much more all- encompassing and would provide most if not all of your interfacing with the rest of the world. So at some point when we buy a new vehicle instead of the dealer handing us anything at all to activate that vehicle (keys, fob, fingerprint reader, whatever) you will just hand them your P.E.B. and they will code it to operate that vehicle.

Good times are coming for most of us. For Bob it will be a nightmare.

;D

Brian

No, I didn't get rid of the C14 but I did buy another car.  Since both my C14 and the Prius had fobs, I've forgotten how to dig the keys out of my pocket before I get behind the wheel.  Hopefully, the learning curve won't be too steep.  The moral of this story is to be careful what you wish for.  I HATE having to dig out keys now and, yes, I've been spoiled.
 :truce:
KiPass keeping you up at night? Has the low fuel warning burned your retinas? Find peace, harmony and the answer to these problems. www.incontrolne.com