Author Topic: One Month  (Read 816 times)

Offline Alf

• Bicycle
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: Forum Subsc
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
One Month
« on: April 06, 2014, 11:50:09 pm »
So, it's been a month since I got my C14 and I put 1000 miles on it with 500 in being in the last week or so.  Mileage is about 4200 give or take few.  I'm ready to spoon on a pair of PR3s in anticipation of an upcoming long weekend of riding.

I will probably change the rear drive oil since I doubt it's been done yet.  Especially if there are as many shavings in it as reported by others recently. 

Alf

Offline seagiant1

• Sport Tourer
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: One Month
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 11:57:39 pm »
Hi,
     Whats wrong with the OEM tires? I've got 4000 on mine and hope to go to 6000! ;D
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it"
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Offline Alf

• Bicycle
  • COG#: Forum Subsc
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 12:23:59 am »
Nothing really.  I think I could get more.  I'm giving the rear to a friend and like to start the season and a weekend like this on fresh tires.   
I should do about 1500 miles on my trip and on the types of roads we'll be riding on, I'd like them to have plenty of meat. 

Alf

Offline TimR

• Global Moderator
  • Iron Butt
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 9032
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 04:50:02 am »
Its just you will have to learn how to ride your 14 again. When you make the change, let us know what the difference is in the tire section.  :)
Blue 1975 Z1B 900, Red 09 C14     I might not be perfect but at least I don't ride a Suzuki