Author Topic: Opinions on Kawasaki's touring seat  (Read 789 times)

Offline Airtrax

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 13027
  • Membership Level: Active
Opinions on Kawasaki's touring seat
« on: August 31, 2019, 07:13:08 pm »
I have a 2010 C14, new to me, and replaced the stock seat with a Sargent low profile seat. Haven't been riding much, but for the price it sure seems like a hard seat. Looks good, though. So I've been wondering about a replacement and would like to know your opinions on the Kawasaki touring seat. Also considering the Russell after reading reviews here. Thanks for the responses.

Offline strum

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 12307
Re: Opinions on Kawasaki's touring seat
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 07:39:18 pm »
 I ve used a few now and the Touring seat is in my opinion better that the Sargent.  But there ya go Ive only tried one Sargent . You start getting into the Russel's then your entering the elite lol.  Never heard anyone dislike them if it was properly fitted.
2016 C-14

Offline Bud

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 12907
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2019, 08:13:40 pm »
The best seat is one made for your butt! ;D
2005 Kawasaki Concours
2001 Kawasaki Concours
1982 Suzuki GS1100GK
1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing

Offline FTB530

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12127
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 12:33:45 am »
I put over 400 miles today on my touring seat, butt feels normal lol, but i also had on moto skeevies!

Offline C. Moore

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 6662
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 09:41:46 am »
I'm 5'10" and go a buck fifty. I went from stock to a Laam to the touring seat. The Laam was a little better than stock but not much. The touring seat works for me but on long rides I wear bicycle shorts and moto skiveez. On a trip to Colorado last fall we went all day without difficulty. I do have highway pegs though and that made a big difference being able to change positions, stretch out etc...Good luck.
'10 C14  Dallas, Texas
CDA #523
COG# 6662

Offline Tundra

• 2012 Candy Arabian Red
  • Moped
  • "SPORT" tourer
  • COG#: 12916
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 01:14:42 pm »
Touring seat works best for me.
There are tons of previous posts and pictures, comparisons regarding seats, search engine is your friend, lot's of good reading that will help you make a decision.

Offline Fountainclimber

• Big Wheels
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2019, 01:59:09 pm »
I have the new touring seat on my 16 as well.  I saw a comment else where that I agree with, it tends to push me forward.  It works great when two up but I have long legs and think it could have had more lift in the front or ?

Offline Phil

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2019, 03:23:48 pm »
I have the touring seat on mine. I loved it initially. It is still very comfortable, but after it broke in, it is a bit too soft in the front. Overall, it is a great seat, but I wish it were shaped a little differently. All that being said, I have ridden numerous 800 mile days, and a couple 900 mile days. It works.

Offline 4Bikes

• Iron Butt
  • COG#: 9715
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2019, 10:09:56 pm »
If this matters to you, the touring seat in my opinion looks the best of any seat I have seen on a C-14. It also works well, keeps you from sliding into the tank, and stays relatively cooler in the hot sun. I like it obviously, but still use the AirHawk for long rides.
Silver 2011 C-14 and 2019 Versys 1000 SE LT+.  Previous rides: KZ-400, KZ-750, KZ-1000.  Keep the rubber side down.  Ride Fast......Live Slow......

Offline TireguyfromMA

• Tricycle
  • The second mouse gets the cheese
  • COG#: 12669
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2019, 12:12:34 am »
You should give the Airhawk R Cruiser seat a try.  At $117 it's a LOT cheaper, you can adjust while you ride, and remove it when you don't need it.  I'm 5'9 or 5'10 depending on what convince store I'm walking out of and could still reach the pegs with it. If the ride gets boring you can pretend your sitting on a deflated whoopee cushion... :))
2010 C14. ECU Flash by Shodabeen, Sargent seat, Pathfinder LED kit, Darla Clearwater driving lights on forks, bearings on shift lever.
2002 Honda ST1100
1998 Honda VFR800 with A&A Supercharger..yee ha
1975 Honda CB125S.  Restored. The "S" is for slow.

Offline Shizzle

• Bicycle
  • AREA: North Central Area
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2019, 12:12:10 am »
You should give the Airhawk R Cruiser seat a try.  At $117 it's a LOT cheaper, you can adjust while you ride, and remove it when you don't need it.  I'm 5'9 or 5'10 depending on what convince store I'm walking out of and could still reach the pegs with it. If the ride gets boring you can pretend your sitting on a deflated whoopee cushion... :))

Reaching the pegs is easy what about reaching the ground? I'm 6' and have a hard time flat footing my 2011 with the stock seat.

Offline Just Cliff

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 9547
  • Membership Level: Event Host
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2019, 12:07:47 pm »
My humble little opinion for what it may be worth, is to save your money & skip past the aftermarket seats. While they maybe an improvement over stock, they are still a one size fits all seat. So they may or may not work for you. If any kind of pad has to be added, the seat don't work!

Best to go straight to a custom seat builder & have one made specifically for your butt.  :))
Cliff
2008 Concours, 225,000 miles & counting. 
2014 1000 V Strom

Offline MtnRider

• Just when I think I have all my ducks in a row, one of the fluffy f****rs wonders off and gets into some sh*t...
  • Road Bike
  • COG#: 12840
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2019, 02:03:52 pm »
Best to go straight to a custom seat builder & have one made specifically for your butt.  :))

+1
2015 Black C14
It works ok, I'm going to improve it. It works better, I'm going to improve it. It works great, I'm going to imp.... Sh*t, I broke it!!!

Offline Nickrides

• Tricycle
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2019, 11:34:52 am »
For very low $ compared to a custom seat I've got to say a Bead Rider seat cover goes along way to making any seat into something much better. I've got one on a stock C-14 seat and its pretty good!

Offline Kirch

• Tricycle
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2019, 07:03:31 am »
I didn’t care for it. Sold it after 1 long ride. a** was killing me. I have a Laam and still not totally satisfied. It’s better but still looking for something better yet.