Author Topic: Paint to match Canyon Cages?  (Read 221 times)

Offline Howiehere

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Paint to match Canyon Cages?
« on: October 13, 2018, 10:17:52 pm »
Canyon cage did its job. Slow speed tip did scuff up the right front cage in three spots, but I’ll take that over replacing expensive plastics! Anyone recommend a spray paint that closely matches the black powder coat finish of the cages? I’ve tested four different cans of matte paint on some scrap metal. They’re either too dull or too shiny.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 10:33:00 pm by Howiehere, Reason: Grammar »
“I too am not a bit tamed—I too am untranslatable; I sound my barbaric YAWP over the roofs of the world.” - Whitman

Offline Road Runner

• Scooter
  • Beep! Beep! ... YeeHa!
    • 2 Hearts for Integrity Ministries
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 12399
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Paint to match Canyon Cages?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 12:19:46 am »
Canyon cage did its job. Slow speed tip did scuff up the right front cage in three spots, but I’ll take that over replacing expensive plastics! Anyone recommend a spray paint that closely matches the black powder coat finish of the cages? I’ve tested four different cans of matte paint on some scrap metal. They’re either too dull or too shiny.
Wish I could help, but I settled for a flat black and no one but me knows any different. Sight unseen.
David L. Hamil
Athens/Decatur/Huntsvile, AL area
'13 ZG1400 "Metallic Spark Black"

Offline Ken

• Skinman
  • Bicycle
  • Retired fireman, Vietnam, 101st ABN. 2/17 CAV
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 11782
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 03:17:05 am »
Yep. Flat black matched mine perfectly

Offline Howiehere

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 08:59:44 am »
Thanks guys. I narrowed down to two and decided the flat was going to be too flat. I went with the bit more shiny, hit it just enough, and lightly blended it in. Like you said, sight unseen. I don’t think anyone will notice but me.
“I too am not a bit tamed—I too am untranslatable; I sound my barbaric YAWP over the roofs of the world.” - Whitman