Author Topic: Power Commander or not?  (Read 1505 times)

Offline SJ

• Tricycle
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 8574
  • Membership Level: Active
Power Commander or not?
« on: December 22, 2008, 03:19:00 pm »
New C-14 owner, here.  Defected from Harley tractors after 8 years.  Love the bike... so far.  I have a Two Bros exhaust.  I would like to purchase a K&N air filter for the intake.  Can I add a K&N air filter with Two Bros. exhaust without adding a Power Commander?  My fear is that the bike will run too lean without the Power Commander adjusting the A/F ratio.  After 8 years of manditory A/F adjustments to make Harleys run properly, I wish to avoid the Power Commander.  Thanks.  
Scott Johnson
'10 C14, '08 C14, various Harleys B.C.

Offline smithr1

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 6197
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Power Commander or not?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 09:42:00 pm »
I am no egg spurt here, only have a C10 but I would just try it.  If an aftermarket part does not play well with stock setup then seems you should have the option to send it back.  I don't think you will have to.  ----------------------------------  I will answer any question.  It is up to you to figure out if I should have.    <p align="left">My Photos<br
---
Bob Smith (smithr)
Austin, Texas baby!
2010 Kawasaki Concours, Midnight Blue
COG 6197, CDA 107

Offline SJ

• Tricycle
  • COG#: 8574
  • Membership Level: Active
Power Commander or not?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 01:40:00 pm »
Thanks, Bob.  K&N states that they have tested and guarantee the air filter with the C-14 stock setup, i.e. the stock muffler.  They have not tested with an aftermarket exhaust.  I may give it a try, but I don't want to lean out the mixture further and make it run any hotter than it is now.    
Scott Johnson
'10 C14, '08 C14, various Harleys B.C.