Author Topic: Question about running temp...  (Read 983 times)

Online MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Question about running temp...
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2019, 11:23:45 pm »
Gilby,
don't freak out and become obsessed, seems like everything you say is completely NORMAL behavior on this bike... nothing to worry about.
It's not "pegging" the top, and having fans on constantly, believe me you will know if it gets "dangerously hot...."...

all good.... I been running a fenda extenda since '08, makes no disruption on "cooling", when you are sitting at a light in traffic... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

possibly the different oil may have played a part... but at 24K now, have you done your valve inspect yet?

That alone at this point could make a drastic difference in engine temps at idle, or low speeds... combined with a new air filter and if needed throttle body synch...
Much more efficiency in combustion and breathing, makes the engine run cooler... just noting this.

all I can add, again.

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline gilbysan

• Moped
  • The Fat Ninja Rides Again!
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 12764
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2019, 12:43:59 pm »
MoB,
Thank you Sir.  Of course you are correct on all counts.  No need to get to obsessive about this aspect.  The thing for me is this; in my retirement I do some really fun work installing, troubleshooting and repairing large woodworking and metal forming tools; things like table saws, CNC routers, you name I will fix it.  Some machines I have not seen the type before and need to figure out it operational principles before I can repair it correctly which is what I like about this work.  So, my mind is always turning on how to tweak the machine to work to its highest purpose, and because I work in a lot of Schools, I want to ensure that they are as safe as they can be for the kids.
I guess the same goes for the bike. Looking to keep it in good shape and running well. It is my primary form of transportation and carries me to pretty much every site in the State of WA. 

As for the Valve adjustment, it has not been done and is something that I have been delaying for no good reason other than sloth. This heat issue is the catalyst that will almost certainly lead me to this task and the throttle body sync.
Thanks much again!
Gilbysan
gilbysan

Always do right.  This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Samuel Langhorne Clemens

Online MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2019, 08:05:19 pm »
 :great: :beerchug: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises:

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...