Author Topic: quick release helmet lock  (Read 190 times)

Offline Jim

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
quick release helmet lock
« on: March 24, 2019, 09:45:06 pm »
so I sprung for a shoie neotec 2 helmet this year with the quick release on the chin strap. I have the rear rack with the 2 U bolt helmet locks on the back that take a D ring strap to lock helmets. is there some sort of adapter out there to lock the new quick release helmet straps to the old style lock? I hate to  stick a cable through the face hole but I might have to. Jim :-[

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: quick release helmet lock
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 10:05:39 pm »
I have a much cheaper ZOX flip up helmet, that has similar strap clip...
I always use the "thru the open visor" locking method.. make sense, especially with the co$t of that Neotec......
as a side note, I've seen expensive helmets, that ue the "D" ring strap thing, for really low prices at flea markets... and maybe 2 or 3 times out of a dozen, It appeared the "strap" had been cut, and new "D" rings installed and strap re sewn...   :-\ :-\

so, straps don't prevent theft, if someone wants the helmet... and has a sharp/razor knife.
Buy a couple old long sleeve Tee shirts at the Goodwill, cut the sleeves off, and use those on your cable to prevent scratches...
I also use those "sleeves" to protect my extra Visors, tinted and clear, by slipping them in a sleeve, and when they are in my trunk, they stay scratch free...  ;) :great:

Old socks work great for both also...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 10:08:45 pm by MAN OF BLUES »

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline Jim

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: quick release helmet lock
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 10:14:31 pm »
very good point man of blues :??: